Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

2 minutes ago, EhUEHUHE said:

Or we can just quit untill they fix the gold spam and bot issues ? :D

I dont think that would work they are thousand of players playing and never checking the forums even once 

1 minute ago, Tojiro said:

guess everyone just ignored my post xD

no no we sow it. its a glimps of hope but still . they need to take stronger measures than that, this should have already existed ! 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My support ticket got auto replied this is the respect we get guys.  

Hey I wanted to ask if you are planing to do anything about the spam bots
cause its truly seems you are doing nothing about it.
today ive seen 5players sayign the are quiting cause of this. 
the game is been ruined on its 1st week DO SOMETHING

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to report this possible violation of the rules. We will investigate the issue and take appropriate action against anyone found to be violating the User Agreement. 

For privacy reasons, we are not able to provide specific information about what action is taken in response to this report. I'm sorry that we aren't able to provide more information about the outcome in this case. We do take these reports very seriously, and we will do everything we can to verify what happened.

GM Patrick
NCSOFT Support Team

5 minutes ago, Artillis said:

There are ways to hide your IP address so it can't be banned or tracked and ways to change it.  I'm pretty sure other games have tried.

I'm also speaking just from my own experience as I've played 10+ MMO's over the years some big name some not.  They all had issues.

just a chat ban, then keep chat banning because thats the persons job :P there is no sticking up for ncsoft here. people allways stick up for them like oh its a impossible job. cause it can be easy sorted if they just spend some money instead of taking with there half released content

And while my chat looked clear from spammers, I alt-tabbed here for 2 mins and another bunch of spammers appeared in game...!!! I have blocked 33 just from the moment I came online, from 17 blocked now i have 50 and my BL is full..! And I'm not done blocking...! Now i need to unblock them ALL since I dont know which ones are from today, and block them again...!!! Thank you..! 

Discussion thread, because discussion in-game is not possible anymore.

It's as the title says, we can't even properly talk in the faction chat anymore because the bots overshadow every message. On top of this, they refresh every ~5 minutes or so, so you can't keep up with blocking them. I, for one, like to talk in the faction chat to my fellow faction members.

x

Raiju (Starfall Crater)

13 minutes ago, Sir Useless said:

My support ticket got auto replied this is the respect we get guys.  

no, this is the respect we got:

from Twitter:

@YoruHYang We have multiple fixes incoming to help alleviate chat spam. In the meantime please help us by right-click reporting them!

Fixes are coming

in head start i report some spammers, today my list is full and i delete the first, but the first of list still online.

or report spam doesnt working ... or ban someone is a very bureaucratic and lengthy process?

__

if ban all acc in a ip of a spammer, you will ban many bots to...  #ficadica

The situation is really out of hand now. Why don't ncsoft do anything about the horde of bots. I cannot use the faction/region chat anymore due to the spam. 

The limit on blocklist is just plain stupid. The fact that the game has been a whole week since release and that its not fixed yet is embarrassing. 

You should bring the servers down for an emergency maintenance now and remove the block list limit for example. Also make it impossible for chars below lvl10 to chat in faction. The blocklist limit is a few minutes job for a developer. These are 2 very simple temporary solutions to the biggest problem with this game.

Okay so i know this has been reported like 500000 times , and i dont want to brag about it but HOLY SH*T this is just unbearable 

Today i logged on like i always did ... saw like 30 gold sellers spamming faction chat .... nothing new right ? .... WRONG i blocked them until i got 50/50 ... i realised i had older spammers in my list so i DELETED ALL 50 from my block list and i started blocking the new ones hoping that would help ... WRONG again ... in 15 minutes i reached 50/50 and still got more than 30 every minute ... ppl in faction chat are disabling the chat for good now ... i'll do that too eventually since i cant even see what my party members write 

c4630QS.jpg

I'd suggest for the sake of faction chat , you put back the lvl ~20 quest for choosing faction like it was back in the days since it will prevent bots to join a faction anytime soon after they are banned

I'd also suggest banning URL-s in the chat until the bots are finally all dealt with 

I'd also suggest removing the block limit cause its completely stupid XD sorry NCsoft but the limit for blocks is a huge ass fail 

I'd also suggest making the faction chat only available in faction clothes so we can farm the living sh*t out of those gold farmers  (this is obviously a joke)

Thank you for your time ,reading this topic .

Please dont bother replying if you can only say "we are working on it be patient" thank you! :) 

2 minutes ago, 852209_1452550217 said:

is this the first mmo you played at launch?

I've had the same experience with Archage last year.

but indeed it is bad, after reporting 50 goldsellers this morning my chat was still close to unreadable.

we just have to wait for a solution so gather some patience and lets hope for a quick patch :)

Archeage was never this bad... :(

Seriously the amount of gold sellers are crazy. Do something about it. If this goes on I doubt anyone will even play. Chat was active and now no one talks because of the spammers. Do something simple. Change Joining a faction to level15. The first faction quests you get are on that level anyway, just let the npc's spawn in jadestone village.

[EDIT] yeah. I'm gone, I'm quiting the game till this gets fixed. You block 10, not even a minute later 10 return. I'm not patient enough for this.

2 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

If you are annoyed by the spam and don't want to see it:

1. go to chat settings

2. uncheck everything except party/normal/private/guild

3. u don't see spam anymore

That's not the point... you wanna be able to chat with other users who aren't friends or clan mates.

i imagine that they will curb these gold sellers asap. i mean its only cutting into their bottom line...and right in their faces. so, as the game has only be out state side for 8 or so days stateside...i am hardly worried. yet, i agree the chat is so annoying i made one just for party chat and thats it. block list be full man

2 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

If you are annoyed by the spam and don't want to see it:

1. go to chat settings

2. uncheck everything except party/normal/private/guild

3. u don't see spam anymore

What if I wanna ask other players something, or just chat about the game? Not everyone have clans that big.

Archived