Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

They should allow us to blacklist certain words in our own chat box. That way if we pinpoint words they commonly use then just blacklist and it removes their spam from the box.

eg, blacklist the word {.com}, and any message with .com in it gets removed from your box. No need to block, it just removes the spam and keeps it clean. Works just fine on Twitch!

Sure, the spammers will find ways around it, but even just for a day (today), your chat box could breathe a little before the next wave.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until today i could endure it, but right now with 5 more spammers appearing on faction chat only every minute its gonna lead to a disaster. As stupid as it sounds limit faction chat to lvl 45 until we have a proper solution. I know it sucks for new players that join, but lets be honest - with that much spam they can't use the channel properly anyways. Just my opinion about this mess.

They should allow us to blacklist certain words in our own chat box. That way if we pinpoint words they commonly use then just blacklist and it removes their spam from the box.

eg, blacklist the word {.com}, and any message with .com in it gets removed from your box. No need to block, it just removes the spam and keeps it clean. Works just fine on Twitch!

Sure, the spammers will find ways around it, but even just for a day (today), your chat box could breathe a little before the next wave.

Yeah my faction chat has died now - there were 54 new bots today in faction chat and we all know how much just one can spam. We even typed for one another in caps so we can at least scroll up and read what others typed. I've been around for many MMO launches: sure there was hardly bugs and lag and dc... BUT it was still the WORST EXPERIENCE in my gaming history merely because of the amount of spam of gold seller with clearly no working spam filter in place. I am considering to ask for a full refund. I don't want to, but playing an MMO with no chat, is not an MMO for me. A founder believes in a game, but I don't believe in a game if they neglect the community like this. In any case I just feel really frustrated and disappointed that from headstart these bots keep growing in numbers. Time to spam tickets at support - make them feel the hurt!

good day my dear friends

after upgrading my pc i can rly enjoy BnS, theres lot to do, it looks nice, much to discover and the fighting is awesome.

one of the main problems is

Since BnS is a ONLINE Game a big part of this game is to COMMUNICATE with other player, which is also a big reason why anyone plays a online game... but its imposssibl ... why u ask?

because every 5 mins (and this is not a random number i stopped the time) around 5 new goldspammer retards join the faction chat and the searchin for party member chats to post their dam messages which noone reads anyway, but that still blocks the whole chat

so i know its hard to stop this for the game creators thats why my suggestions are:

why not blocking random names like "akjhgsvdu" right in the character creation?

why not setting the timer how quick u can delete a character to like 30 mins

put a PW in character deletion which u get sent to ur Email and have to enter it

If you have some Suggestions post it in here, i know there are already a bunch of topics regarding this prob, but maybe if we continue these posts something will happen.

have a nice day lg Ceroth

1 minute ago, BVA said:

then they simply type .kom i've seen this way of trying to avoid spammers in numerous games, i don't see it a viable option.

1 hour ago, Lioncor said:

They are probably working on a solution right now especially after seeing so many posts about it. I have disabled Faction and Region chat for the time being and I have absolutely no issues, you should do the same til it's fixed.

Don't expect pigs to fly anytime soon.  This is an issue in nearly any MMO and as long as there are buyers to feed the spam there will be seller trying to sell.  Unless you can magically track down anyone that buys from them and ban them this wont go away.

so after clearing my block list for the day.... LESS THAN 30 MINUTES LATER!

JP4Znwc.jpg

and chat still looks like this

jx5FoqN.jpg

its a constant unstoppable tidal wave of gold spam, this is the worst MMO I have played in recent years for this (and I have been on a fair few at launch) there is little to no reaction and when I unblock some spammers to block newer ones the old ones ARE STILL SPAMMING the faction chat is a joke, im turning the damn thing off along side dungeon finder because the amount of 6 man groups looking for Blackram supply chain TO SPAM GOLD IS INSANE!

your game has many many problems but this one is the most immediate and the one that is pissing people off the most right now, making is to faction chat is only usable at around lvl 30 might help, having someone sat there actively banning the spammers would be better, and if you already have someone doing that.... hire someone else because they sure as hell need help.

we can as I said send support tickets. start doing it ppl  we need to annoy the admins. if they ban them faster than they can make them it will slow them down. 

they need to assign stuff for hourly check ups and clean ups. we can demand that. this is our right we are paying them ! (most of us) 

Just now, Artillis said:

Don't expect pigs to fly anytime soon.  This is an issue in nearly any MMO and as long as there are buyers to feed the spam there will be seller trying to sell.  Unless you can magically track down anyone that buys from them and ban them this wont go away.

Are you a ncsoft employee in disguise?

All they would need to do is employ a moderator to ban these spammers ip's the second they spam... Job done End of story. 

4 minutes ago, IzumiShihoin said:

then they simply type .kom i've seen this way of trying to avoid spammers in numerous games, i don't see it a viable option.

I do get that, and understand it would never work as an overall solution. I wonder though if it isn't too difficult of a thing to implement (or too time consuming), it would at least temporarily clean our chats enough for us to use it for a day until the spammers reword their messages. I wouldn't mind updating my blacklisted words every day (even every few hours) if it meant I could at least use the chat. 

Again, not sure how long that would take to implement though! If too long then better to put all the effort into an effective ban hammer.

I forget exactly where the Developer posted, but a Developer posted ini one of the many many bot threads and said they were working on doing something

Increasing the amount of people that can be blocked

Auto Deleting bots who get banned so you have more space

Adding keywords to chat that will auto block/ban

1 minute ago, Sarah G said:

All they would need to do is employ a moderator to ban these spammers ip's the second they spam... Job done End of story. 

i tried to like this more then once

I turned off faction chat a long long time ago and not because of gold sellers but because of trash talk.  Luckily region chat is safe because the S.O.B.'s have to level to spam in higher level zones which considering there deleting and remaking characters faster then a bunny can reproduce it aint happening.

Now I just wish they could somehow change dungeon lobby spam.  I think they should lock your ability to talk in channel / region in dungeon lobby's tell you have at least entered cinderlands.

+1 to this. Seriously, this is the most annoying thing ever in the game. Give or take 10 minutes into the game, and i've blocked 50 spammer bots. They just keep on coming! I want to use the faction chat, but its nearly impossible with all the spamming happening. Altough i kinda doubt they would stop the bots if no one buys - there is no one manually spamming this, they are programming the computer to do it for them, so its not like its timeconsuming for them.

Please administrators, fix this, or at least minimize the spamming thats happening

When you log in and immediately have to block more than 20 spammers in one go immediately, you know something's way past the limits. I cleaned my Block list yesterday because it was already full, thinking most of the bots I'd blocked are probably banned by now and immediately had to reblock the most part (and I bet the rest were just offline). One day later my block list is already full again.

This is bullshit. I know its a problem in nearly every game, but this is *cricket*ing ridiculous. There were gold spammers during Head Start for *cricket*'s sake.

Tera didn't have gold spammers. Go find out what they did. In the meantime, PLEASE REMOVE/GREATLY INCREASE THE BLOCK LIST LIMIT. You are gonna lose a HUGE playerbase because of this cancer, NCSoft.

11 minutes ago, Sarah G said:

There are ways to hide your IP address so it can't be banned or tracked and ways to change it.  I'm pretty sure other games have tried.

I'm also speaking just from my own experience as I've played 10+ MMO's over the years some big name some not.  They all had issues.

Archived