Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

We just blocked 20 sellers in 5 min and they keep coming.

DO SOMETHING. 

Make a minimum level to be able to use region/faction chat

OR

Just make them available just for premium.

I do not care. Do something.

You are practically doing nothing for a in game future we cannot use properly because of bot spam and they are overwhelming block list limit. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should allow us to blacklist certain words in our own chat box. That way if we pinpoint words they commonly use then just blacklist and it removes their spam from the box.

eg, blacklist the word {.com}, and any message with .com in it gets removed from your box. No need to block, it just removes the spam and keeps it clean.

Sure, the spammers will find ways around it, but even just for a day (today), your chat box could breathe a little before the next wave.

What a joke this is turning into. Firstly, WHY IS THERE A CAP OF 50 FOR BLOCK LIST ON A GAME WITH FRIGGIN' HUNDREDS (MAYBE THOUSANDS?) OF GOLDSELLERS RUNNING WILD EVERYWHERE? (Caps lock is for getting your attention on that particular sentence.) Second, is the team doing anything except trying to clean them out of the servers manually?

I'm out of blocking space and I can't unblock them to block the other bunch of spammers spamming the chat right now because the 50 spammers in my block list are already spamming the chat with the other spammers I can't block right now!

Yeah... I can't look at chat anymore. It blows my mind that anyone complained about gold spam bots in FF14 after seeing this. A bot every 5 minutes is nowhere near as bad as 50 per second. 
The chats are LITERALLY unreadable now. Party finding chat, faction chat, region chat, you name it. All gone. May as well not have them anymore. 

Someone in the community should setup a series of giant raidcalls for all the BnS players so they dont need to look at chat anymore. XD

I mean they suddenly started attacking on big servers like Windrest as well in EU right now. (As far as I've seen they were more dominant on new/smaller servers.) I imagine the same is happening on NA servers as well. They're flooding people's block lists right now and as a result we can't block them anymore.

Too many spammers...just too many.

" Block Spam " feature in >> SETTINGS does not work !!!

The feebly low 50 block list is epicly too small for the 100+ you HAVE to block manually because the " Block Spam " feature in settings DOES NOT WORK !!!!

-----

Turned off ' Region ' chat...can't just stand here ALL DAY unblocking some old ones just to block new ones...>< reblock unblocked because they are STILL there.

They should allow us to blacklist certain words in our own chat box. That way if we pinpoint words they commonly use then just blacklist and it removes their spam from the box.

eg, blacklist the word {.com}, and any message with .com in it gets removed from your box. No need to block, it just removes the spam and keeps it clean.

Sure, the spammers will find ways around it, but even just for a day (today), your chat box could breathe a little before the next wave.

Hey guys. I know they are countless post about this 

but we as community we have to do something about this matter.  lets all sends Support tickets to ncsoft. annoy the Admins to start taking real measures against this issue 

it became really annoying seen them in the faction chat.  I know we can block them but this DOES NOT by any means solve the issue !!!

lets all start sending from one support ticket about it.  I have send mine. lets make our voices loud !

1 minute ago, Sir Useless said:

Hey guys. I know they are countless post about this 

but we as community we have to do something about this matter.  lets all sends Support tickets to ncsoft. annoy the Admins to start taking real measures against this issue 

it became really annoying seen them in the faction chat.  I know we can block them but this DOES NOT by any means solve the issue !!!

lets all start sending from one support ticket about it.  I have send mine. lets make our voices loud !

+1

This is a problem in nearly ALL MMO's.  Even the big name ones haven't been able to cure it completely, only slow it down.

The only true way for it to stop is if NO ONE buys from them ever.  No buyer, means no market, which mean waste of time for seller and they will move on to were they can make money.

Honestly.. My first ever mmorpg game was Lineage 2, it was an amazing game, but in the end I left it, because NCsoft was unable to deal with the bots, now NA l2 servers is filled only with cheaters/bots.. Somehow I expected this game could be a nice replace for lineage 2 since it's kinda similar and I think probably even better, but here we go again..

The game is up for only 1 week and NCsoft doesn't even communicate in forum and let people know that atleast they will try to stop those goldspammers somehow.. Don't tell me this game gonna face the same fate as lineage 2 just in first week...

2 minutes ago, Artillis said:

This is a problem in nearly ALL MMO's.  Even the big name ones haven't been able to cure it completely, only slow it down.

The only true way for it to stop is if NO ONE buys from them ever.  No buyer, means no market, which mean waste of time for seller and they will move on to were they can make money.

we know how it is in ther games.  Here is just annoying. players are really quiting for the overspam we can block 50 and none of those 50 are banned. just around spamming. 

the other Big names as you say at least try to do something..  they dont seem to do that here. the issue is bigger day by day

1 hour ago, Kylen said:

Give them time, theres already topics about this

Yea give them time... They dont even moderate their freaking game. It's rather disgusting that after all the money we have paid they cant pay someone to MODERATE THEIR GAME.

It started with region chat. Then they found out how to whisper. And now they spam faction chat.

You cant even read what other, normal player write because it gets pushed out of the chatwindow in 2 seconds. ncsoft, do something. How its going right now will cause players to leave this game. Especially new ones.

Archived