Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could deal with this gold spammer website spam when I was able to block all the bots in under a minute, but the number of bots has reached ludicrous levels and NCSOFT not even allowing me to block the 100+ botters is beyond frustrating. I really liked this game, but getting to a point where I need to group to progress, and not being able to use chat to find a group, killed my urge to play. I'm a little angry at NCSOFT for failing to handle this flood of gold spammers. I mean it's only like 1 or 2 sites, just block everyone using .com in everything they say.

How can NCSOFT not fix the spamming invasion?

4 minutes ago, iNeverz said:

yep faction chat on gunma is getting slammed right now. seriously wanna know what kind of hardware this site is rockin lol...

its for 3W.W'T'B'G'G.COM <<<< is this the same one every server is getting hit by?

seems like 4-5 different total sites typing the same exact verbiage over and over.... i really feel sorry for anyone who is new to this game and has to come in on this nonsense. When  a lot of us did headstart, we were able to talk in region and trade stalker weapons and just normal socialize (not talking about the trolls that was like friday evening and on). Making my 2nd character even when typing this now I can see the chat in my peripherals being HEAVILY flooded. 

4 minutes ago, tallcabsfall said:

I could deal with this gold spammer website spam when I was able to block all the bots in under a minute, but the number of bots has reached ludicrous levels and NCSOFT not even allowing me to block the 100+ botters is beyond frustrating. I really liked this game, but getting to a point where I need to group to progress, and not being able to use chat to find a group, killed my urge to play. I'm a little angry at NCSOFT for failing to handle this flood of gold spammers. I mean it's only like 1 or 2 sites, just block everyone using .com in everything they say.

How can NCSOFT not fix the spamming invasion?

I suggest you download and check a few of their other games. It's just as bad in those. I still can't believe no one see's the pattern here.

Having come from WoW, where I thought gold spammers were pretty bad holy crap to my surprise Blade and Soul has a HUGE gold seller problem right now. It's so bad that i can't even read chat at all. I'm on Soha server and that spam is insane. It doesn't matter how many times I block them. I have used my 50 block slots time and time again to no avail. Please you have to do something about this or this game is ruined. I can only imagine how these gold spammers are effecting queue times on Soha.

5 minutes ago, disguymAn said:

One way to slow down a spam is to set a limit on how many times they can spam a minute....

Normally that would be an adequate solution. Unfortunately, the one particular site that is so adamant in spamming, has ensured such a tactic would be ineffective. Setting a chat limit on one bot works, setting the chat limit on 60+ bots is but a minor annoyance to said bots. They could still spam the hell out of the chat. All you would be doing is stopping the spam for a few seconds at most.

There are only two ways for NCSoft to deal with this long term:

Create a system (software/engine changes/etc) on the Server-Side to combat bots.

Attack the websites directly responsible (they must have lawyers for these kinds of things).

Now I was seriously considering buying a bunch of premium for my account because I really do enjoy this game quite a bit (and planned to stay for a while), but NCSoft won't see another dime from me if they can't handle bot-spamming. Being incapable of talking to other players in an MMO game defeats the purpose of an MMO. Might as well be playing Dark Souls and leave cryptic, unintelligible messages with pre-selected phrases/words.

6 minutes ago, Melfice said:

Normally that would be an adequate solution. Unfortunately, the one particular site that is so adamant in spamming, has ensured such a tactic would be ineffective. Setting a chat limit on one bot works, setting the chat limit on 60+ bots is but a minor annoyance to said bots. They could still spam the hell out of the chat. All you would be doing is stopping the spam for a few seconds at most.

There are only two ways for NCSoft to deal with this long term:

Create a system (software/engine changes/etc) on the Server-Side to combat bots.

Attack the websites directly responsible (they must have lawyers for these kinds of things).

Now I was seriously considering buying a bunch of premium for my account because I really do enjoy this game quite a bit (and planned to stay for a while), but NCSoft won't see another dime from me if they can't handle bot-spamming. Being incapable of talking to other players in an MMO game defeats the purpose of an MMO. Might as well be playing Dark Souls and leave cryptic, unintelligible messages with pre-selected phrases/words.

they are busy bashing private lineage2 server owners

at this point the only thing they can do is raise the level to use chat on 20 level or something and give us unlimited block amount 

5 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

at this point the only thing they can do is raise the level to use chat on 20 level or something and give us unlimited block amount 

Most of the bots are in faction chat, if they raise the level limit then noobs wont have anywhere to ask questions in game.

They are probably working on a solution right now especially after seeing so many posts about it. I have disabled Faction and Region chat for the time being and I have absolutely no issues, you should do the same til it's fixed.

9 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

Raising the level cap won't change anything, that only delays the bots. We can see they are capable of leveling up as they are. And unlimited blocking doesn't help either; when the mass of bots is so large that you'd literally have to stop playing the game to keep the chat clear of spam. The whole situation must be handled via the engine code/server side; it's the only true way to defend against bots. 

Honestly, this whole ordeal is practically a recreation of the Spam skit from Monty Python's Flying Circus:  

this is honestly getting out of hand now, every 15 or so minutes i gotta block like 20+ spammers from my chat, all the time. it really doesnt end. also some of them are glitching thier characters to only have 1 letter in thier name, and when you go to block them it fails to block them because they shouldnt have a character name that short. its REALLY annoying.

i know cant expect everything from a free to play game (even though im paying for a year premium), but honestly though its pretty terrible that i gotta totally remove faction chat and region chat from my chatbox and not be able to talk to others serverwide.

I dont think that this is a goldseller, the one that like to have usd, this is more like an attack from a Company that have lot of computers, cause he throw in like 50 bots in about an hour, and it goes to the same webpage. This is someone that likes to ruin the game.

The next "patch" BnS said (i think) that they have something that will help combat the bot/gold spammers in chat. I usually don't whine about it but today was sooo bad on Soha. I only had like 6bots blocked when i logged then filled my block in under 20min

This is the same think that is going on in the TW version of the game. Please find a fix for this issue it is annoying.
In TW version you see like 50-100 bots in one zone questing and gold spamming.

Not only do they cause these problems, they also are clogging the server up taking up slots and making the queue times longer for the players who want to play but don't have premium. 

Soon I feel it will be like TW here. Would like a fix.

Archived