Forums

Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, there are a lot of bot's but one thing that makes it seem like there are "%50" more is the fact that there are NO chat speak timeouts and NCsoft has not implemented a timeout for spammers. These bots are spamming their message every 5 seconds. if you have even 5-10 doing that you can start to get the reality of the situation, a channel being flooded every half a second to a second. For the most part, now that more servers are up and que times are down, if you Report, Ban & Block you wont see any. First thing you do when you log in just ban the daily 2 or 3 bots in the respective spam channel (Faction, Region, LFP) and you will have no more spam for the most part of the day. 

Honestly? Faction chat was cancerous before gold sellers even joined it. I didn't turn mine off because of gold sellers, nope. I turned it off because people were "joking" and raping little kids, being general asshats to each other and a few other things (some have poofed though. guess they got reported). If it weren't the gold spammers there'd be threads about getting mods for faction chat or something.

11 minutes ago, Dradiinmmo said:

Umm this has been an issue for over 2 weeks, no was asking for everything to be fixed now. Thanks for being the White Knight here... why defend this ? What do you gain by allowing NCsoft to be so slow in there response ?

2 weeks?? The game has been out for 6 days (9 including head start) lmao We're still in the first week!

The game launched on the 19th. Do you even math, bro?

6 minutes ago, ThreeFeetofMagic said:

Scathing insults, top tier. 

Game just launched HERE. stop the crying and chill. 

Doesn't matter, 16 years of experience with dealing with bots, NONE of it applied here, absolutely none.

They don't get a free pass after operating game servers in the west for 16 years.

Excusing companies for this kind of crap didn't happen 15 years ago, stop wussing out and giving people who are a BUSINESS a pass for doing their JOB badly!

This is getting out of hand.. BIG time! Faction Chat is now completely overrun with Spammers!!.. I just blocked 10 and there's like 30+ more already! When is NCSoft going to act like they care?... I swear I wiped my Block List because it was full, and people that I blocked weeks ago were spamming chat as soon as I blocked them. I reported each of them, too!

What are all of these reports doing? You're obviously ignoring them. How much is too much? We want action!

19 minutes ago, Yxion said:

THe game didn't JUST launch, this is a region port of a game that has been around for years. As such, it is held to a little bit higher standard. Especially when it is released by an experienced MMO company.

The game DID just launch in NA, in most of the countries that it is currently released in they don't have this issue. I remember playing Archage and reading a report on the rampant botting in that, it was able to happen due to the original programming of the game ( A lot of things client side) when the NA developers told the original devs of the game about the issue to ask for support they were shocked and supposedly asked "Why would you even do that".

To my knowledge this sort of thing just does not happen in most other regions so the original game development does not account for it. NCSoft is still working on that original game. Of course they need to put counter measures in place to stop it and currently they are NOT up to scratch on this. When all evidence points to this happening it should be #1 priority on the release of every new MMO out.

2 hours ago, kyuven said:

The problem is you can't use NCoins for it

agreed. which is why I thought this would be a set rate of exchange so that it relates to store purchases (costumes etc.) therefore they wouldn't want this to fluctuate. goldsellers on the other hand will sell based on what their competition dictates.  there will be a point where the currency exchange, while legitimate, cannot compete. 

13 minutes ago, Munchiez said:

And it's not like both of these games are still going strong right? I mean, Lineage 2 and Aion didn't just release a new server right???

"The game will fail if you don't fix these things" is something that has been screamed on every single MMO forum ever known to man.

The game isn't going to fail. The servers will remain having a huge population, and the small MINORITY of players complaining here on the forum will either go away or keep playing. This is the up and down rollercoaster that is an MMO title. It's like deja vu all over again.

They failed MASSIVElY and NC Soft admitted it.

It wasn't until after they went f2p that they started to make money.

Lineage 2 hemorrhaged subs within six months

Aion even sooner, you can actually google up the charts and comare

The only game they had that had a markedly slower decline was City of Heroes and they axed that to put up their korean grinder crap front and center.

Also "the game will fail", funny I never typed that, I didn't even think that, you're putting words in my mouth. I never said they will fail but if they don't act soon then BnS will be yet another failed attempt at a game release in the West. Also be assured that both L2 and Aion are considered failures by the industry.

You honestly think that if people had paid for a box and had to sub that they'd not be charging back their purchases by now? Get real.

1 minute ago, WNxArcticwolf said:

It's from the same website.

That's nice.

But when my block list fills up from a week of gold spammer's something has got to give.

NC needs to add an anti spam code in there chat. Or actively ban people.

I don't care which.

The gold spammers in chat have gotten ridiculous.  I went from 21/50 blocks (all gold spammers) to max 50/50 in just a few minutes today.  They keep spamming on accounts where you can tell they just face roll the keyboard for a name.  I had to turn off chat since my list became full.   

Now, I know this not a easy issue to fix, but at least could you make it so they can't keep spamming multiples times in a row.  Time them out at least.  I can't see anything said in chat because their spam takes up the screen.  Also I noticed a lot of them are low level so maybe make it so you can't type in chat till level 20 or make it so low level have a separate channel they can only use till maybe level 20 or higher.  At least then we know what channel to avoid.  Now, it won't stop them of course, but at least hopefully it should lessen the spam and make it not as easy.  

Anyway this is the same old same old situation. The fanboi defense force is still strong with this one since it just released.

The game's already uninstalled from my system. I need to go do my evening's workout -- fun times!  Maybe I'll see some of you in a month. o/'

7 minutes ago, Ezlin said:

I actually remember this! I foolishly pre-ordered the CE for Aion and ended up leaving that game due to the bots. I personally reported the exact same bots, no joke, for like 3 months in a row, to constant empty promises that they were banning bots and investigating. Clearly I wasn't the only one who had this experience.

Madness.

I tried real hard in that game to make it better. Organized bot report parties all of the time was wasted. NCSoft treats bots like they are an endangered species.

1 minute ago, Ezlin said:

Anyway this is the same old same old situation. The fanboi defense force is still strong with this one since it just released.

The game's already uninstalled from my system. I need to go do my evening's workout -- fun times!  Maybe I'll see some of you in a month. o/'

o/

Honestly Faction was just Alienware this, alienware that, I turend it off a few days ago.

I do agree though, the bots are annoying cause they're even using the party system to advertise, this is something in all online games though I'm sure in time they'll find a way to tone em down. 

Ive never seen gold spaming this bad since the Vietnam war... Every 5 minutes 5 new gold spamming babies are born and nothing is being done.. Faction is hella dead now because nobody can keep up with the rate these spammers are popping up. PLEASE FIX THIS.

x1YexJw.png

Archived