Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

1 minute ago, Unskilled banana said:

We have winner here, you created a topic number 10000 about the 50 block limit! Congrats!

I would say I like your name but you came in here bitching as if I knew about everyone else's post when I actually looked. You ever think, the more of us that bring it up (even if spam) the more they are pressured to fix? Get out of here kid.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if NCSoft is swiftly dealing with these gold spammers it is a large problem. 

I just got on, cleared my block list, blocked all the gold spammers. Block list is now full and I still see over 20 spammers that require blocking...

I'm on Soha, I logged on today to find my faction chat being spammed by bots.  I had 44/50 bots blocked, deleted them all to block the new ones.  Found out a few of the bots I blocked were still online spamming.  Went from 0/50 to 26/50 in less than 5 minutes so I just turned off faction chat.  My suggestion would be to allow unlimited blocking.  Whoever thought limiting the amount of people you can block was a good idea is totally clueless. 

It doesn't have to be buy to play to get rid of the bots, just a pay to talk feature would do wonders/or a level limit, even a modest one at level 5 or 10... would significantly slow down the spammers.

Hell I have been saying stop reporting them as they are just making new accounts... meaning new names to block, yes that may be counter-intuitive, but meh at least they wont have any reason to make a new account if their old one isn't banned/muted. That or find a way to permanent block them... an anti-proxy script would do wonders, so many viable options that could slow them down significantly.

5 minutes ago, Slivaf said:

It doesn't have to be buy to play to get rid of the bots, just a pay to talk feature would do wonders/or a level limit, even a modest one at level 5 or 10... would significantly slow down the spammers.

Hell I have been saying stop reporting them as they are just making new accounts... meaning new names to block, yes that may be counter-intuitive, but meh at least they wont have any reason to make a new account if their old one isn't banned/muted. That or find a way to permanent block them... an anti-proxy script would do wonders, so many viable options that could slow them down significantly.

Level limit would atleast slow them down

Yeah the Gold Spamming is truly a problem now, every channel is flooded with it and it makes chat utterly worthless.  I like to leave my public channels active b/c I actually like to join in on some conversations some times but more than that I like to help the new people asking questions.  If I turn off everything except, clan, whispers, say and party you can't really do that.  Now it's to the point where the gold spammers are sending my whispers, I don't even know how that happens.  I've already reached my 50 block limit so I can't even block out anymore.  I don't even understand how you have gold sellers this early in the game, how could they possibly have this much gold to sell already.

3 minutes ago, Avorn said:

I'm on Soha, I logged on today to find my faction chat being spammed by bots.  I had 44/50 bots blocked, deleted them all to block the new ones.  Found out a few of the bots I blocked were still online spamming.  Went from 0/50 to 26/50 in less than 5 minutes so I just turned off faction chat.  My suggestion would be to allow unlimited blocking.  Whoever thought limiting the amount of people you can block was a good idea is totally clueless. 

There is a reason why a limitation on a block list it technically necessary. It has to do with how the server handles metadata. When you send a message over the server via say Faction chat. The server has to receive the message and then one of two things: send the message to everyone and have the client check to see if it needs to display it (inefficient) or check a database to see who should be sent the message (server sided) and then send out those messages. If block lists are extremely long among many players a poorly configured database can bog down message delivery and cause other issues.

However! This does not mean that it is impossible to do, it is quite possible to handle larger block list amounts by having a very well designed database. THe fact of the matter is this would not be necessary if they were more proactive about banning bots and then forcing a client block list update which automatically removed banned users from peoples block lists.

It's now completely impossible to have a conversation in faction chat. The same gold bot site is spamming bots over and over faster than they're being deleted, the block limit also makes it impossible for players to circumvent. Do something please.

+1 This is actually killing the game. On Windrest blue, faction chat is totally unusable. The bots flood 1-2 messages per second. 

NCSoft, please step up and IP block where ever this is coming from. This is not just inconvinence its killing the game if we cant communicate.

Unlimited blocking wont do anything, these are scripted random names, logging in to send one spam, then deleted to make a new random name, rinse and repeat. Try wispering one of them - they are already offline.

We need IP ban hammer, hard!

My daily routine is to clear my block list then start over due to block/ignore cap -- I do this assuming that reporting actually gets them banned. Today I hit cap in about an hour. With my block list full, faction and other non-regional chats started getting flooded and I have 50 spammer-bots blocked already. So I turned off all chat except for Clan, Whisper, Say, Party, etc.

Now I have bots whispering me direct messages of their gold spam.

There's no escape. :s

A lot of the bot accounts use premium accounts, and they can also level up by themselves, so level and premium restrictions are not going to work by themselves.

They need to implement a capture/pin system in game that people have to input to talk in chat,  you would get a capture/pin and have to input that to use the chat for 10 minutes, it takes seconds of a players time, but it can easily block bots from accessing chat, 

Second have it require the player to be level 5 or something to talk in the chat, add a new really short quest off the start for level 4 that requires the player to again input some random code or select a random picture from a box to level up, do not have the pin code be a text file have it on a texture so the bots can't just skim the files and find that text, requiring a person to be active for that leveling, further limiting the amount of bots that can be created, it would force them to sit there and do that for each bot so they couldn't create 100 accounts in a minute.

Dragomon hunter does something similar and last i knew they didn't have a problem with bots nearly as bad and it's a fairly new game.

Make it so people can buy gold from the in game store, the way this game currently is having more money doesn't make you better then other players so purchasing the in game gold would not be pay to win, they could completely undercut the sale price of the bots destroying their business,  many other mmos do that just fine and it certainly doesn't make them pay to win. 

I have to admit it's getting pretty bad. I first stopped regional, and it cut most of it out. then they started in Party, and I had to cut that out too. Up until now, Fraction was OK, perhaps one a day. within the last 15 minutes, they started hitting Fraction with a vengeance. Now, literally, more bots are spamming then I can keep up with. I block 5 of them, and a minute later, 5 more pop up.

I am just turning off chat for the time being. I think If NCsoft wants to deal with this, they'll need to have a team actively killing bot accounts for awhile until  things calms down. 

Faction chat is now destroyed thanks to the amount of goldsellers in it. As soon as one is blocked and reported 2 more pop up, and this is not an exaggeration.

To top that off the 50 person count of blocked people is beyond STUPID. 

Add to this NCsofts inability to do anything to help us the player combat these things. Block and report needs to have an unlimited amount of blocks, some arbitrary number is not going to contain all of these goldsellers. CLEARLY.

NCsoft needs to take some of the money it has made and employ some REAL PEOPLE TO JUST MONITOR CHATS AND BOOT GOOLDSELLERS PERMANENTLY. 

Why is it we the player can find bot after bot train running around, but NCsoft can't seem to give us any kind of QOL to help us deal with this mess  ?

The above suggestions have been repeated over and over by so many others on this forum... on there Twitter, other places. To allow the health of this games community get completely destroyed because of your absolute ambivalence is astounding.

Again, the whole Cash grab and who gives a care after that mentality really shows itsslf here with the direction and lack of actual changes made to help us the players.

I am sure this thread will get mysteriously deleted... again, like the other threads that have been semi critical of the lack of anything from NCsofts behalf.

Archived