Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NENO said:

Gold spammers are too many and the cap block limit of 50 is way too small please do something about this is extremely annoying. 

Well that and they need someone sitting in the game on the various servers banning people who are spamming like this.

1 minute ago, EbonWolf said:

@Robey At least it's possibly pressuring the devs to actually give a *cricket*. Again it's nowhere near as bad as in game. Also doesn't help that this terrible site is so bugged and it doesn't even have a search function! 

Well if you think spamming forums with multiple topics helps with your issue maybe bots think the same way. The more the spam the more people will check out their site and give them money... The more you spam the more likely the GMs will work faster. See how that logic works? Spamming might help but it's annoying. People should keep it in one topic. 

1 minute ago, Gamerchick said:

Well that and they need someone sitting in the game on the various servers banning people who are spamming like this.

Which they won't do because they are too cheap to pay people and too stupid to get volunteers.

Just now, Gamerchick said:

I guess they are combining the gold spam threads all in to one..LOL  

This makes it seem like there is no problem I guess..

Just sweep it under the most generic looking rug there is and pretend it's not happening. That's NCSOFTs solution to the problem.

The mods are combining ALL the Gold Spamming threads into just one.  Sadly, this makes it appear as if it isn't an issue and people aren't complaining on the forums.  I think that is in poor taste and people should be allowed to vent and shit, SPAM this forum with complaints, it is after all fair, since we are being Spammed in the game.

What the f*ck. Either do something about these spammers or make my block list unlimited. I unblocked some to make room for new ones and the ones previously blocked over a week ago ARE STILL SPAMMING. I REPORT AND BLOCKED THEM OVER A WEEK AGO AND THEY ARE STILL FLOODING THE SYSTEM.

The one thing I hate about F2P games is the spammers...Not that FFXIV wasn't filled with them either but at least less than this because its a pay to play game.

I'm trying to have a good time and I want to be able to use the social functions of BnS to make friends and have fun but for the life of me I cannot read CO Faction chat OR Region chat due to the immense number of bots and spammers posting scam ads. I have already maxed out my blacklist and as soon as I unblock one of the old ones, I find a spam message from them 5 seconds later. For many of these bots to be active for more than a week without IP ban is ridiculous and unacceptable, where are all the mods and admins? Free-to-play but with over 1 million people playing your game you should be getting sufficient income from the fraction of those buying NCoin to hire more banhammering in-game mods. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Robey said:

Well if you think spamming forums with multiple topics helps with your issue maybe bots think the same way. The more the spam the more people will check out their site and give them money... The more you spam the more likely the GMs will work faster. See how that logic works? Spamming might help but it's annoying. People should keep it in one topic. 

One is trying to solve a problem (which the devs are trying to brush aside) and one is legitimate spam that keeps anyone in chat from being able to see anything or communicate. You can still communicate here. You can still click page to previous pages in the forum. Threads aren't instantaneous like the spam in game. Keeping it in one topic is basically them just trying to put it away.  

Don't ask for block limit extension.

Array search is quite expensive thing. It's already 50×PlayersCount entries to check for each chat message if everyone would have their blocklist full. Chat server will just die.

They don't have anywhere near enough. THey apparenlty are not hiring any more, nor are they accepting qualified volunteers. They simply don't care. I am guessing when they do finally do something it will be half-***ed and not fix a darn thing.

4 hours ago, Zefirr said:

The block list is server sided from what I've read. Having large lists would affect the server negatively.

This is correct for most if not all MMO's .

2 hours ago, 882260_1452550489 said:

Large block lists wouldn't negatively affect servers if they implemented them correctly and used updated server hardware. 

You're incorrect in some ways, as we aren't talking only yourself when they add more space to a blacklist, we're talking about the thousands of people these checks need to go through while playing the game for every character on the server; blacklists don't just include names on a list, it involves other checks in the game. If it was just a chat box, they would have made it client side, and allow you to add 1 billion names to it, but because blists are used for other specific parts of the game, like party finders, chat windows etc. assuming that's how the game was initially built, I don't think it's as simple as upgrading server hardware.

Look at all the current issues the game has, and all the things people complain about especially the server issues, more load on the servers clearly isn't going to help this game currently, and considering we don't know the costs of the servers, or hardware they're using there is no way to actually tell if it's possible to add more blist space safely; even if they did add more space, how much do you think you will get? An extra 50 or so? Oh yay! 100 spots to add names to, then have to go through each one individually and delete them? 

Now if I was going to suggest something other than the additional space WHICH WOULD BE NICE! don't get me wrong, I'm all for more space. I would love a select all, or deselect like with your mail, so you can delete names in one swoop, as they most likely have already banned the names at the top of the list. Again obviously this all requires time, and money, and highly dependent on their software/hardware but here's hoping. 

Archived