Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm i never seem gold spammers... how many of them are there?

If theres like 500-1k of em they need to have like 3-4 gms sitting there and dropping the ban hammer cause thtall help ppl get throught the que WAYYY faster.

Side Note: How can people already have enough cash to actually be able to sell it now? o.o

25 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Hm i never seem gold spammers... how many of them are there?

If theres like 500-1k of em they need to have like 3-4 gms sitting there and dropping the ban hammer cause thtall help ppl get throught the que WAYYY faster.

Side Note: How can people already have enough cash to actually be able to sell it now? o.o

I've not been playing more than 8hrs total and have like 7 or 8 on my ignore list.  Earlier today it was like as soon as I added one another would pop up; but then new ones quit showing up.  I guess I won't get to worked up about unless I fill my ignore list.

25 minutes ago, Rhazes said:

Post here guys we are being policed, too bad they are not ingame policing the bots and spammers.

I'm sorry, but you can't be angry with NCSoft with policing the forums considering the forums are a place of discussion which can easily get out of hand if not properly dealt with.

I'm sure there are staff working on stopping bots and spammers in game, just give it time. Besides, it's also very easy to block them or just turn specific areas of the chat off so there shouldn't be this many complaints.

EDIT: If you want to play a game with really bad gold spammer problems, play FFXIV for a while.

I already own FFXIV. Have you ever reported a bot? Its takes months to get them removed and GMs are not interested or allowed to even come look at them while dealing with your ticket. However, the forums are always policed 24/7 and the ingame chat is also a place of discussion and gets out of hand even quicker.

Just now, AsianCandyPoP said:

Just block and move on its all we can do atm , maybe they'll add a report option soon

That's all fine and dandy, and I have no issues doing that. But when your chat spews spam constantly, as in a new message every .5 sec or less from spammers, that's when you know things are getting out of hand.

1 minute ago, KiraAcoh said:

That's all fine and dandy, and I have no issues doing that. But when your chat spews spam constantly, as in a new message every .5 sec or less from spammers, that's when you know things are getting out of hand.

i know i feel your pain but atm thats all we can do is block the spammers

On 1/18/2016 at 8:27 PM, Youmukon said:

Hello!

Just to let everyone know, our team is fully aware about the RMT/Goldsellers spam going on and we are currently working on countermeasures to reduce the inconvenience it causes to players.

In the meantime please keep reporting bots by either using the in-game report feature or by submitting a ticket (Report Player > "They were trying to sell gold by spamming chat".), these reports greatly help our team to identify and removes bots from the game.

Thanks again!

Thank you for responding directly here in the forums. Speaking on behalf of veterans of countless other MMOs, we've all had experiences with the problems common to public launching of a new game.

I for one need help following your suggestions. Going to the web site to create a "ticket" is less than ideal as the level of effort on generating a new ticket is considerably more than the gold farmer needs to expend to send the spam in the first place. The ticket on the web site, once you navigate to the correct form, your form requires fields for Issue, Subject, Description, Reason for reporting, Time of Incident, Character Name (not at all easy considering the random characters used to create a typical gold farmers name), which character your reporting, realm name, and possibly attachments. This effort required on the part of a willing player with good intention is asking a bit too much in the consideration of their time and as a result, you are not likely to have too many people willing to go to the effort with so little assurance that anything is even being done with their report.

The "In Game Report Feature" I have yet to be able to locate in the game interface. If you could post instructions as to a quick efficient way that was easy to access for players in game, I would be delighted to help. As an example, World of Warcraft allows you to simply right click the name of a spammer in the chat dialog and choose the option, "Report for spam". I think there is a quick conformation and then you're done. A tool in Blade and Soul like this would be VERY appreciated by the community. If there is such a tool already in place, and anyone knows where to find it, I would be very grateful for that information. Thanks in advance to all who took  the time to read my reply. Have a great one! ^_^

You know in most games I don't mind gold spammers. But in blade and soul I have no patience for them and report/block them immedietly.

It's great that I can do that, except I can only block 50 people.

I have 41/50 on my block list full of gold spammers and I'm scared of the amount of spam I see when I have no more block space... Can you guys remove the block limit or am I going to have to suffer

If NCSOFT is indeed banning gold spammers, start removing the ones on your block list that have been on there the longest. If no spam, they're more than likely banned and you're good to go. If the spam starts, just re-block them.

I know that isn't the best of things to have to go through, and I know no one wants to have to bother managing a block list after someone is put on it, but I think that's the best tempfix until something gets hotfixed or patched in that's more permanent.

Hope it helps and good luck! ^_^

The gold spamming is pretty ridiculous.  The devs really need to take steps to block the messages themselves.  Whether use regex type searches to block anything with something that could be a URL, or block repeats of the same string within a certain time interval, or a capcha type deal every so many messages.

So many possibilities, but seeing so many duplicate messages with a straight .com in them in a matter of seconds means they aren't even trying.

33 minutes ago, Hanael said:

If NCSOFT is indeed banning gold spammers, start removing the ones on your block list that have been on there the longest. If no spam, they're more than likely banned and you're good to go. If the spam starts, just re-block them.

I know that isn't the best of things to have to go through, and I know no one wants to have to bother managing a block list after someone is put on it, but I think that's the best tempfix until something gets hotfixed or patched in that's more permanent.

Hope it helps and good luck! ^_^

Yeah that's what I was thinking, and I will be doing that. I'm just worried that all the bots might still be there somewhere... I just hope they will go away soon.

All the effort to limit gold farmers and botters, like market sales restrictions even with premium subscription and rank 5, I run out in 5-15 minutes and can't sell anything on market for rest of day, long craft times, long resource spawns, and single use items which can only be crafted one at a time, Gameguard blocking me from using my programmable mouse buttons crafted and NCSoft still lets bots and gold spammers run rampant anyways. Its like buying a dvd and sitting through 2 minutes of screens telling you not to steal the movie even though you bought it.

NCSoft should merge with Ubisoft and come up with even more extreme measures to punish their customers.

I don't know why my block list can't be unlimited. Perhaps it could be alphabetised so that if chose to unblock someone later, it would be easier to find them. Quite honestly it is not just the gold-spammers, there have been quite a few very toxic players in my faction chat as well that I've felt necessary to block.

This is why I think it's funny that in today's world programmers can't create filters that autoblock / kick gold spammers.  A simple regex match will fix most spammers, even twitch chat bots have the ability to block spammers, kick people for posting links, etc.  Just boggles my mind.

Archived