Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have stared into the abyss. And the abyss stared back and tried to sell me gold.

No but in all seriousness I have disabled recruit chat, faction chat, and region chat. So far that has gotten rid of the gold selling spam for me but now I cant talk to other players. If yall do the same, I suggest finding a big clan cuz that may be the alternative to faction/region chat for a while...

It is ridiculous the amount of Bots and spammers, can't see anything on faction or local chat, only place to get some peace is to only check the Party or Clan chat boxes, which is stupid. How the hell are these people able to make all these accounts? There should be some way to block multiple log ins from a single ISP? Apart from the annoyance factor, they are also adding to the ridiculous queue time - in 5 minutes after logging in - I had reached the maximum 50 blocked and STILL there were multiple bots spamming the gold selling sites. maybe there should be in-game GM's to help prevent these idiots spoiling it for everyone else !!!

I already knew NCSoft is utter failure when it comes to stopping bots and met, so I have no plans of going anywhere. 

I do find it funny all those poor naive souls that thought GameGuard will save us are quiet now.

Just now, Yxion said:

I bet you buy gold from RMT.

Fun fact: we don't hate RMT doesn't mean we do RMT

Fun fact 2: you gone = 1 less queue for the free peeps.

Fun fact 3: everyone wished for "I want XX gone" magic and they'll disappear after saying the magic word.

The gold spammers in chat has gotten ridiculous.  I went from 21/50 blocks (all gold spammers) to max 50/50 in just a few minutes today.  They keep spamming on accounts where you can tell they just face roll the keyboard for a name.  I had to turn off chat since my list became full.   

Now, I know this not a easy issue to fix, but at least could you make it so they can't keep spamming multiples times in a row.  Time them out at least.  I can't see anything said in chat because their spam takes up the screen.  Also I noticed a lot of them are low level so maybe make it so you can't type in chat till level 20 or make it so low level have a separate channel they can only use till maybe level 20 or higher.  At least then we know what channel to avoid.  Now, it won't stop them of course, but at least hopefully it should lessen the spam and make it not as easy.  

20 hours ago, enem said:

Yes it provides a legitimate method for those of us that see it as the 'proper' and safe way to obtain gold, but you really think that covers everyone?   

all it does is puts a base value on gold as set by NCSoft in relation to NCoin. Goldsellers will almost always be able to undercut this price as it translates to real money.

so I don't see this as a solution. 

The INITIAL rate is usually set by NCSoft, but in an ideal situation (similar to EVE, Wildstar, STO, Neverwinter, etc.) the players set the price similar to, you know, an ACTUAL currency exchange.

It works quite well. in STO I actually had a bit of fun playing the dilithium market.

The problem is you can't use NCoins for it, or at least the ones earned on this game need to be locked to this game. Cryptic/PerfectWorld foresaw how this could be a problem when they released the one for STO, CO, and Neverwinter. shame cuz Dilithium is a helluva lot more fun to earn in STO than Astral Diamonds in NW

This cannot continue.

I get it, there may not be a PERMANENT 100% solution to get rid of every single gold spammer. But please, get them out of faction chat.

These screenshots were taken over like 1 minute of faction chat on Mushin in the Cerulean faction.

You need to take action, and quick. Also, block list limit is 50? I have 50 gold spammers in my block list..

2cnwdjq.png

30trw60.png

25pk5rr.png

ksry9.png

Just saying  http://www.pcgamer.com/hacks-an-investigation-into-aimbot-dealers-wallhack-users-and-the-million-dollar-business-of-video-game-cheating/

that article can still apply to Gold Selling but, only real way to combat it is for ppl to stop buying Gold, no demand no sellers.  But there are always to scumbags that continue to buy gold which is why there are Gold Sellers.

45 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

You do realize Game Guard has nothing to do with chat spamming, right?

You do realize GameGuard is supposed to block bit programs right? Or do you think those guys are typing those messages by hand each time?

I need to block 1 bot per minute in faction chat.... 1 per minute or more sometimes. It's absolute ridiculous. My block list have 37/50 and I can have a full list in 5 minutes more. I have blocked more than 20 in 15-20 minutes.

Edit: Sad, but I have disable my faction chat. It's useless chat :/

they do a shit.they spend milion of dolars,and noone can stai online in game 1 of ncsoft staf to ban theyr account or ip ban.aniway seems this selers is with ncsoft i think to get more $$$ , cuz some 1 will stai online and ban and d/c them

19 minutes ago, YonHyakuNiju said:

Try to come with suggestions on how to fix the problem, instead of this pointless BabyRage behaviour. 

It is NOT our job as a customer to "find solutions", it is THEIR game they knew this was coming now what are they doing?  

Are YOU a bot seller with that crap attitude?  Your reply to a legitimate post is deplorable and offers nothing here.

I just logged in to a dead faction chat with 30+ bots spamming in it, which was the last usable channel for actually chatting with other players. Now chat in the game is completely taken over by spam bots. THIS IS HUGE. Region block asia and take measures to block vpn's and proxy ports. Asia has their own servers, so why they are even allowed here is beyond me. These spammers will kill the game if not dealt with NOW. Every day i have to clear my block list and add 50 more bots, but that is pointless now because no one is talking thanks to the bot spam. 

Players are at fault too. No one helps to fight those who breaks rules.

I played yesterday and met player afking and jumping in the corner to stay online. I tried to ask others to report him too, but they didn't even give a f**k.

That's what majority does. It just lets it be. So ±1 gone on a rampage in forum change nothing.

Petition... Ah, what a beautiful word. No one cares about petitions nowadays. ;)

3 minutes ago, Maeba said:

I need to block 1 bot per minute in faction chat.... 1 per minute or more sometimes. It's absolute ridiculous. My block list have 37/50 and I can have a full list in 5 minutes more. I have blocked more than 20 in 15-20 minutes.

They don't live more than a day. Delete them next day. ;)

Archived