Forums

Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold spamming filling up the chat, it is getting annoying to block them everytime after a login.

I have a suggestion, add a level requirement (level 10/15) for the region/faction chats. Most of the gold spammers I see are below level 10 this could reduce the amount of gold spam we see in the chats.

*cricket* NCsoft they wont fix it they are to lazy

until a mod tells me otherwise that's the truth i dare you to prove me wrong mods i dare you to show me how may you have *cricket*ING BANNED  bet you have not banned a *cricket*ing single one

Seriously, is it that complicated to enable a larger blacklist, and to create a batch deletion system for the list so you don't have to manually click 1 name at a time to remove old blocks?  With the amount of gold seller spam, the amount of servers, the amount of regions, channels, etc etc increasing the Blacklist size should be the first step.  

Do you people even know how to edit the file to enable a larger blacklist???

Hopefully something gets resolved soon, because currently the game is unplayable with the amount of gold spam. While there is an option to filter out spam in the settings it does not work or does not find the gold sellers.

But I think 50% of them are bots.

Seriously NCSoft, this is really *cricket*ed up. Faction chat, party finder, arena, cross-dungeon, zone.

Can you do something about it please?

b714pf.jpg

It took them less than 10minutes to spam like that, and it's still going on, everyone just gave up on the faction chat.

Edit: seems better now, but how about later?

Large block lists wouldn't negatively affect servers if they implemented them correctly and used updated server hardware.  The interface along with how the blacklist is created is inefficient.  Most chats are near unusable because of all the spam, and they can't ban them all because there are so many servers/channels/regions/etc etc that they would need a team of like 50 GM's always on doing nothing but porting around banning gold sellers.

expect something like "we are working on some magical solution which in 10 years gonna ban 1 out of 1000 reported spammer". Its not like NCSOFT gonna fix it or do anything about it. Its NCSOFT after all. Look at TW servers where there are more bots than actual players. Look here, somehow bots are in game, while other people have to wait in queue. Dont want to jump into conclusions, but after a month if there gonna be even one bot in-game, well...lets not go ahead of time.

Seriously, this is just out of control.  I am spammed on ALL channels and I now have reached my block limit.  I can't even have a conversation with anyone because I have to uncheck practically ALL channels just to avoid having to look at all that crap.  

NCsoft please for the love of Zeus increase the block limit.  This is a real turnoff.

10 minutes ago, Rosell said:

But I think 50% of them are bots.

Seriously NCSoft, this is really *cricket*ed up. Faction chat, party finder, arena, cross-dungeon, zone.

Can you do something about it please?

b714pf.jpg

It took them less than 10minutes to spam like that, and it's still going on, everyone just gave up on the faction chat.

Edit: seems better now, but how about later?

This will turn me away from this game, and honestly I like this game a lot.  They really really need to do something about this.

Same bot spamming %90 same string with only 4 characters in the end making it unique. Are your engineers so *cricket*ing terribly useless NCSOFT? Im not even halfway through university and i can make a program to detect such simple spam in 5 *cricket*ing hours. 

Archived