Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i blocked 35 people in about 5 minutes.. Can't even rotate the blocks because they make new accounts too fast. Had to turn off LFG and Faction chat so now my MMO has become single player. Thanks.

If we had a global admin in the server banning anyone who posted a link to gold sites, that'd be a god send. BUT NO, TOO HARD.

the gold spam is entirely out of hand. might i suggest a mac address block or a cap on how frequently a person can send chat in faction and party channels. Perhaps a filter for these strings of ==== and ------- and ....... that they use to separate words.

2 minutes ago, Huan said:

no faction chat till level 20 when you start your first faction quest. done. solved. plox. 

if I knew how to DDOS ima go freaking blow up gold sellers' servers

Do you think they don't have armies of bots leveling past 20?

This might be a solution, after some bans people will get bored leveling but still the spam will not die.

After entering the game i blocked spammers for like 10 min and they still appear wtf. Faction chat was a chat for some answers/trolling etc and now? I guess i will play this game like a single players until i will get bored :(.

Steps to destroy your "best solution":
dont use faction chat, use region/normal/party finder chat

steps to destroy your next "best solution":
Level up bots till lvl 20, rinse repeat.

steps to destroy your next next "best solution" (only premium can use faction/region chat):
5 bux per bot is a very cheap solution to get 100bux.

steps to destroy your next next next "best solution":
Global IP ban is a stupid idea since that's the first thing they expect, thus they use VPN. you wanna ban VPN, players complain.

Even if it ends up limiting newer players a bit, you guys NEED to implement the character creation lock again for the high pop servers. This is getting out of hands, especially today where Faction Chat is literally unusable thanks to multiple bots being created every few minutes.

Hi,

At first, we don't care much when Bot/Gold sellers spamming all over region chat or normal chat at low area however they're starting to invade our  beloved Faction chat where we used to hang out/ ask question and answer.. and with limited 50 block slots is really limited our patience to  deal with this except totally ignore the faction chat..

I know the Admin or staffs is limited due to their numbers and times so the best is to outsourced the Moderator, e.g start recruiting a moderator among veteran players or any person who may fit the roles and have plenty time to spare  to taking care and monitor the  game.

Similar to any  other MMOs, they're doing well with this, the Moderators will given a power or access such as,

1. Warning or duration ban at the forum

2. Warning  or  duration Chat ban in the game

Imagine  if you have 10-20 moderators for each server with their tools and power to chat ban the gold sellers.. this will ease your workload too.

Sorry for my broken english or grammar.. EN = my 3rd language.

Cheers!

So NCSoft you said you had a secret way to stop the bots and gold spammers; just wondering if you plan on implementing it anytime soon? Or were you pinning your hopes on the Fail of a program Game Guard? Just curious since on Mushin right now they are creating new spam bots faster than they can be blocked, and list is filling up. If I go release the old names they just start respamming my window since they haven't been banned yet.

Of course after having played Lineage2 and Aion I knew you weren't going to be able to do anything about them, since in those games all you have ever done is stick your heads in the sand and pretend the problem doesn't exist.

Just now, Kanosaki said:

Steps to destroy your "best solution":
dont use faction chat, use region/normal/party finder chat

steps to destroy your next "best solution":
Level up bots till lvl 20, rinse repeat.

steps to destroy your next next "best solution" (only premium can use faction/region chat):
5 bux per bot is a very cheap solution to get 100bux.

steps to destroy your next next next "best solution":
Global IP ban is a stupid idea since that's the first thing they expect, thus they use VPN. you wanna ban VPN, players complain.

steps to counter: I don't know if you realized but if your trying to farm stuff like blackwyrm you need it

next solution: the problem now is that it takes 3 minutes to make a new bot. make that 4~5 hours. Done

next next solution: I never even said this but if you ban 20 bots it might worth.

last one. I never even said this stuff.

stop being a dick in the face ty.

I wrote a couple of suggestions elsewhere and I really don't care what liberals have to say at this point since all they do is complain without throwing a real counterpoint. 

To me, it's mainly in faction chat and people want them to die so my two suggestions are:

1. Make it where the 2nd maybe even 3rd rank and higher are allowed to talk. That makes bots PK able for 1 and a lot of people want to kill the bots to get their bloodlust out. The only problem is that people aren't really worth anything unless they have prestige points, but it would require them to actually put forth an effort. Won't stop them completely, but slow them down enough for sure (Since a lot of them are extremely low level spamming that 20 idea was a step in the right direction and even that will slow em down).

2. Some mmos implement counter scripting since these bots type the SAME EXACT LINE OVER and OVER and OVER they (as in NCsoft employee) write that line (lines and constantly updates) into the script and auto block,report, and remove out of chat in mere seconds. 

Those were my 2 suggestions which require initial work, but should alleviate in the longer run but not permanently fix. 

Heloo nc team can something be done about spammers gold sellers? They spam every chat all time group finder clan and faction its unberable and players cant use chat  normaly to comunicate with each other.Our block list gets full in 15 min and they still keep coming it never ends.I spend first 15 min in game blocking those idiots but no result. block 50 there is 30 more 5 min later.

Archived