Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way to truly eliminate gold sellers is to eliminate the need to buy gold from third party websites. To do this the game needs an in-game gold/NCoin trade. Supposedly we have one, but I haven't seen it anywhere. 

Anyway, games that have RL currencies (Ncoin) that can be directly traded in game for game currency never have the spambot issue. It also generates more revenue for the game because when someone with RL cash to spend is in need of game coin they can just buy Ncion and trade it for their game coin. 

1 minute ago, AttacKat said:

It is NOT tje solution, but it is a work around until you hit L15 and can properly report/block those spammers.

Though there are people who uses faction chat; and that too been riddled by the bots. We already do the very thing that you have said however. Block and report. Also it is certain that we cannot have a friends-list containing the entire faction that we are in.

Just now, illusiondoll#28 said:

This isn't the solution we are looking for; the very fact these bots are also affecting their servers. So please don't be wise to this for this is effecting everyone and the equipment (servers) negatively.

It is a solution if you are annoyed by the spam. i'm not too worried about the 10 million bots taking over the servers.

Low level is always problem if we talk about gold sellers. They never go to higher level zones, and most stopped between level 1 and 10. Usually mostly 4/5 because once they have Faction side, they can spam in it.

Here we see bots near the Faction NPCs in Bamboo Village. The spam speed is extemely high.

Problem: i cannot report it as low level.

Solutions:

- Block with spam filter: wil not help much, spammers are change some characters so real url is not easy visible. They always try fool the spam filters.

- Chat Energy/Points: more effective solution. Spammers throw many rows as possible in the chat. If each chat row needs chat energy or points, then the spam will stopped automatically. You must move around for quests, make friends, clans, etc. If you stand still, you won't get chat energy/points. Relogging won't help it.

At lower levels, you have very low energy. So if you speak too much, you cannot talk. Party and Clans are free from chat energy/points because they're already controlled by players.

- Chat timers: each row 2 minute cooldown. If you want talk faster, you must buy special chat items for it. (Swordsman solution) but it's not very friendly solution.

- Raise level? How much far? Spammers will play a bit until the minimal level, and start spam again. But for first 1-10 levels, we can put block on Faction and Region channels.

- Penalty system controlled by players. When the bot is many times reported, they turn red and killable. (Aion system) - but can abused if you have some unfriendly players.

At some pure PVP servers, there is almost no bot. Because players will kill the bots. (Tera system)

I must say, i am surprised how weak the bot protection is in BnS. Every new MMO has always bot protection system, but BnS came from 2012, so it's perhaps not yet built-in by default. They should have done something against automatic registration (F2P problem) and try close every login exploits.

What is more, we saw some bots are blocked and removed, but some minutes later, new bots are generated very fast and already started with spamming.
The first problem lies in registration system, it's too open and easy and not enough control steps.

6 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

It is a solution if you are annoyed by the spam. i'm not too worried about the 10 million bots taking over the servers.

Again you failed to see as well as read what I have written; these bots impact the server greatly, so its not a minuscule thing. That is nice that you are not too worried about the stability of the servers as well as the players that you do enjoy this game with. However your suggestion was noted but, I do not think it will help everyone in the long run if the servers go kaput again thanks to the 'infinite' amount of bots trying to squeeze in. ^^;

@QueenSheba If I may put your suggestion in my first forum post?

@Xenosaga That is a very healthy suggestion - also someone from my faction suggested the captcha system for bot mitigation.

NCsoft please do something about this.. Its getting way out of hand, 50/50 block list isnt even enough for this shit. I quit Wildstar for the exact same reason when you carbine didn't do a proper job against node flying farmers. 

Please fix this issue asap if you still want your "new" game to last.

4 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

It works for everyone, stop being so negative.

Let me get this straight , you are proposing to just LET the goldspammers have their way ? 

Oh and I'm not being negative at all if I wanted to be negative I would suggest that NCSOFT can shove B&S up their asscrack .

party chat +16 lvl and above

faction chat +20 lvl and above

region chat +10 lvl and above

you guys knew what was going up since you guys dont do NOTHING to battle spam botter on lineage 2 too and yet only a 50 block list cap why? its like you guys want for them to spam us in order to buy gold

1 minute ago, illusiondoll#28 said:

Again you failed to see as well as read what I have written; these bots impact the server greatly, so its not a minuscule thing. That is nice that you are not too worried about the stability of the servers as well as the players that you do enjoy this game with. However your suggestion was noted but, I do not think it will help everyone in the long run if the servers go kaput again thanks to the 'infinite' amount of bots trying to squeeze in. ^^;

@QueenSheba If I may put your suggestion in my first forum post?

Hah, it is still a solution if you are annoyed by the chat spam. There is nothing a normal player can do with the bots except report them, so why stress too much...

Make a database script/function that auto bans anyone who says a gold selling site or someone who has $ and gold in the same sentence.

It would only take you an hour if your drunk, so why don't you do it ? xD

Alternitively you could give me an account thats locked to level 1 with no way of getting any items e.c.t, just banning power and I'll sit there for the next month banning them for you :)

Just now, Unskilled banana said:

Hah, it is still a solution if you are annoyed by the chat spam. There is nothing a normal player can do with the bots except report them, so why stress too much...

I guess so; then the only thing we would have to worry about is the servers remaining stable as well as the que times for those who want to get in. Surely enough we do have a significant number of people wanting to play; again, that number can be in the case of the bots. Can you provide how the BnS Crew can handle that? Would you like the server to lag and stagnate at given moments and times due to the mild DDoSing these bots are doing? (I do not mean to go off a tangent though things here is by example)

7 minutes ago, EhUEHUHE said:

Let me get this straight , you are proposing to just LET the goldspammers have their way ? 

Oh and I'm not being negative at all if I wanted to be negative I would suggest that NCSOFT can shove B&S up their asscrack .

They don't have their way if no one is watching the spam.

5 minutes ago, illusiondoll#28 said:

I guess so; then the only thing we would have to worry about is the servers remaining stable as well as the que times for those who want to get in. Surely enough we do have a significant number of people wanting to play; again, that number can be in the case of the bots. Can you provide how the BnS Crew can handle that? Would you like the server to lag and stagnate at given moments and times due to the mild DDoSing these bots are doing? (I do not mean to go off a tangent though things here is by example)

Why would the situation be any worse than in asian servers? I believe those are doing just fine. If bns crew cant handle that, how can u going nuts about it is handling that. You don't even know the number of the bots but I think you assume there is million bots and one player in every server.

18 minutes ago, Xenosaga said:

Solutions:

- Block with spam filter: wil not help much, spammers are change some characters so real url is not easy visible. They always try fool the spam filters.

- Chat Energy/Points: more effective solution. Spammers throw many rows as possible in the chat. If each chat row needs chat energy or points, then the spam will stopped automatically. You must move around for quests, make friends, clans, etc. If you stand still, you won't get chat energy/points. Relogging won't help it.

At lower levels, you have very low energy. So if you speak too much, you cannot talk. Party and Clans are free from chat energy/points because they're already controlled by players.

- Chat timers: each row 2 minute cooldown. If you want talk faster, you must buy special chat items for it. (Swordsman solution) but it's not very friendly solution.

- Raise level? How much far? Spammers will play a bit until the minimal level, and start spam again. But for first 1-10 levels, we can put block on Faction and Region channels.

- Penalty system controlled by players. When the bot is many times reported, they turn red and killable. (Aion system) - but can abused if you have some unfriendly players.

1. Spam filter: doesn't work as you indicated. FF14 ARR still bans over 6K spammers on a weekly basis today.

2. Interesting idea. But does require KR to code the feature. However, it will not totally remove the spammers since most of them uses stolen accounts. ^^ FF14 ARR ^^

3. Doesn't work. On TW all the bots are L50+.

4. FF14 ARR did exactly that and doesn't work. Instead of 1 bot spamming 10 msgs a min, they will just use 10 bots spamming 1 msg a min.

5. Or if reported enough times by different players, place it on auto-temp ban. Real players in this case will have to explain themselves to NCS why other players all gang up on him and reported him. This also helps removes all those Alienware and alike trolls. LOL.

Faction chat completely unusable on Windrest (EU) Cerulean as well. Logged in to see the chat full of this crap, blocked some 8-10 of them and 2 minutes later there's another 8-10 at it. I give up, seeing as my block list will fill up in less than an hour.

Do something. I don't need to give you a list of options you already know. Pick one of them. Any of them.

And, yes, disabling faction and region chats will "solve" the problem but also make this a single player online game where I only interact with a few people from my clan. There's no MMO without the 'M' for Massive when there's no one to interact with.

Edit: The more I look at this the more I realize that this is actually quite impressive in a bad way. I have never witnessed gold spam this bad in any of the games I've played before.

Just now, Unskilled banana said:

Why would the situation be any worse than in asian servers? I believe those are doing just fine. If bns crew cant handle that, how can u going nuts about it is handling that. You don't even know the number of the bots but I think you assume there is million bots and one player in every server.

=^^= You are an interesting one indeed; however we are only speaking of the NA servers which is being afflicted - please keep the other servers out of this. Unless the NA team here can take a penny or two from its predecessors then it can be helpful. Also the number you have used is astronomical and I am aware that it is sarcastic (least I hope). Your assumption of me is wrong however, of course I do not know the exact number of bot's flooding the servers. Again you failed to read what I have stated and want to express your opinion in such a crude manner; it is entertaining. Though if this do give the thread attention, keep it going; for the sake of the community ^^

2 minutes ago, illusiondoll#28 said:

=^^= You are an interesting one indeed; however we are only speaking of the NA servers which is being afflicted - please keep the other servers out of this. Unless the NA team here can take a penny or two from its predecessors then it can be helpful. Also the number you have used is astronomical and I am aware that it is sarcastic (least I hope). Your assumption of me is wrong however, of course I do not know the exact number of bot's flooding the servers. Again you failed to read what I have stated and want to express your opinion in such a crude manner; it is entertaining. Though if this do give the thread attention, keep it going; for the sake of the community ^^

Oh well, I just recommend you to chill. The situation is not getting better by talking shit in the forums.

Please also consider making level specific chats. I'm guessing most gold sellers won't go through the effort to get to 45, for example, unless they hack an account. It is literally impossible to use any of the public chats right now, and is a serious hamper on deciding whether or not I'll purchase anything else in this game until the gold spam is dealt with. 

Ok i know that its normal to have gold spammers, every game i played had a few or a lot, and until today the situation was bearable but today they pop up like 10 new every minute, i filled my block list from 0 to 50 in less than 10 minutes!  
I read that they try to fix it but at least they should something for now, it is getting out of hands, raise the block list limit, or put a gm in starting zone to "kill" these spammers, raise the cap lvl of joining a faction, they ruined entirely the faction channel today!

I hope for a fast solution so we can all go back to enjoy our chatting

Just increase the limit, I am used to this *cricket* in other games, but here is out of control, I don't even care about the queue, about the grinding concerning the stones, or the store, but I reach the point that I chat with my friends over discord and filter every single chat, except whispers and tells, everything else is infested with gold sellers.

Also lvl requirement for chat is not bad,

right now somebody gets reported ban or kick or whatever, make one free account and he is back,

if you make it lvl base, it will take at least 1 hour of their time, which will be waste when they get kick again,

usually these accounts are not attached to their main account is just like an ad.

Then if you increase the limit of people in the blacklist, then can make this tolerable while you fix this once and for all.

Regards.

Archived