Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

I Posted this is another thread: 

Not saying this is a solution because ESO is B2P however the have 3 deletes once you use them you must wait 24hours to get a delete back and you get one back every 24hours. I never saw a gold spam bot in ESO but I know being B2P it's a little different. That couple with the 5 minutes delete I think would help (get rid of 7 day delete) 

So here's how it would work

3 deletes (this should NOT be something you can increase from cash shop) 

if you use all three you can't delete another toon for 24 hours (you gain one delete back every 24 hours only after you spend all three) 

Add the current 5 minute timer for deletes (like it is for low levels to characters of any level) 

Since everyone only gets two initial char slots I think this could help since you can only increase via CS slots 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

I Posted this is another thread: 

Not saying this is a solution because ESO is B2P however the have 3 deletes once you use them you must wait 24hours to get a delete back and you get one back every 24hours. I never saw a gold spam bot in ESO but I know being B2P it's a little different. That couple with the 5 minutes delete I think would help (get rid of 7 day delete) 

So here's how it would work

3 deletes (this should NOT be something you can increase from cash shop) 

if you use all three you can't delete another toon for 24 hours (you gain one delete back every 24 hours only after you spend all three) 

Add the current 5 minute timer for deletes (like it is for low levels to characters of any level) 

Since everyone only gets two initial char slots I think this could help since you can only increase via CS slots 

I like it, but that requires the players beingban. Which I hvent seen yet, so.

I had to figure out how to shut off the Faction chat and LFP chat because I could never catch whispers or party chat due to all the spam. Not missing the Faction chat much really since it was being treated like a chat room more than a call to war or w/e it's actual intended purpose is...

3 minutes ago, Dreamer0526 said:

I like it, but that requires the players beingban. Which I hvent seen yet, so.

Yes if they do this they need to do a sweeping ban on gold spammers then patch it with this 

I think it could work but like you said they'd have to get rid of the current ones. and likely won't fully solve the issue but at least cut down on it and make it easier to manage 

4 minutes ago, Taywen said:

I had to figure out how to shut off the Faction chat and LFP chat because I could never catch whispers or party chat due to all the spam. Not missing the Faction chat much really since it was being treated like a chat room more than a call to war or w/e it's actual intended purpose is...

Actually that kinda IS its intent. To give a sense of camaraderie 

Now I have searched on these forums to see if similar topics have been made and of course that assumption is true. Many players are afflicted by such a thing and to log in only to see these bots overloading our chat is becoming tiresome and cumbersome especially with the block limit; we had wished immediate action would be done. We are unaware if the Dev team have came with a solution to the problem at hand and is aware you may/do have a lot to consider.

If I may provide suggestions; along with the community that would make this assault on our servers end 'once and for all' or mitigate it for the time being. I will be referencing one game that does have this type of mitigation that had staved off game bots like these: TERA.

TERA's chat filter, have made it possible to keep the chats clean from the ridiculous amount of text flying through the channels which entails:

- Players being unable to speak in general/ global, etc chats until they are level 10 or 15 (leaning more toward the 15)

- Censorship of website(s) postings in chat - this would have no filter to turn off

- Repeated/ Speed speech of the same name gets banned from the channel for "X" amount of time (so people would have to really think about what they want to say - or repeat of the same text would get someone channel kicked)

Out of this, TERA had been the most successful in their channels as far as bot spamming is a concern and as far as I had seen. I do not know if this would be a plagiarism or what however, if the Blade and Soul crew CAN implement this method - then it would be a tremendous help indeed. Hopefully this thread get some support from said community; it would be fully appriciated and if you too have your own suggestion please let the Blade and Soul Dev's see.

We love this game and we do not want it to be spoiled by such desperate people who try to take advantage of the unknowing. Thank you for reading and please people give this thread a bump/ views/ share with the rest of the community.

Thank you

-illusiondoll-

1 minute ago, kyuven said:

Actually that kinda IS its intent. To give a sense of camaraderie 

It'll probably stay disabled for me 99% of the time then. I'm not overly concerned with who's kitty is cutest or which class is OP in arena, or who's character's boobs is bigger. That's the kind of nonsense I saw most when the gold spam stopped long enough to notice something else in there. Very little at all was actually Faction related.

1. Please remove the cap on block list

2. At least display a time on when you blocked the person so you know who you can remove to make room.

3. Make some sort of anti-spam chat cooldown.

4. Block randomly generated spam names.

5. Do something. Please.

3 hours ago, Doublelift said:

Hoping that 1 source of information will not lead to a name and shame a bot ban.

It's obvious and clearly botting because of the names and the website.

Advertising a website is against the rules

bcI507R.jpg

I'm not exactly sure why it's so difficult to have one GM or CS team member per server monitoring this kind of thing with immediate and permanent IP ban powers. There aren't that many servers, and I bet they could even find players willing to do it for free if they can't afford or are just unwilling to hire people for it.

It's the simple fact they don't know the players if they do give them that kind of power. Sure, giving some players the power to instant ban the spammers but that's a power that could also be easily abused. 

Secondly, Money/Budget is a large issue for any company. I'm sure they have, most likely, most of their people working on the bot problem as it is. A business/company is a complex thing like it's own government with inner workings that we, as a customer know little of. 

Sure, right now the bot problem is annoying, frustrating and making me lose my mind over it, but we have to try to be patient. The game is new, I'm sure they were not even prepared for the massive amounts of bots that is plaguing the players, much less the sheer number of players they have on their server. Keep in mind, they cannot just drop everything and work on one problem. They have to keep their teams separated on fixing a number of different problems in issues. Of course, I'm losing patience more with the bots than anything else... but I have to remind myself of logic and patience. 

Just now, Vomboz said:

- Account bound blocks, would that work too?

But really alot of spamming and ruining the game and try to follow chat of people asking help or searching party or so.. 

This would be helpful too so we wouldn't have to keep re-blocking due to being on a different player.

18 hours ago, Zarozian said:

So you guys can't just move in and straight up ban them on the spot? =/

No they want YOU to do THEIR job instead .

Yo NCSOFT BOYZ , please explain how on earth the PRIVATE SERVERS of ANY GAME have INGAME GAME MASTERS but you don't have ?

LOL

The Same thing happen in Juwol server!  Faction chat is being overflowed with dam gold seller bots. Block function is useless.

There was no other option to disable faction chat. :(

This is really serious problem. These gold sellers ruining BnS !

Why don't NCWest set some counter measure for this? Can't put all these gold selling web address to auto banning ?

PPL really getting tired of this.   

5 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

1. Go to chat settings

2. Uncheck everything except normal/party/guild/private (uncheck dragonspire party)

3. U can't see gold sellers anymore

This isn't the solution we are looking for; the very fact these bots are also affecting their servers. So please don't be wise to this for this is effecting everyone and the equipment (servers) negatively. Also I use faction chat so this suggestion does more harm that good but, thank you for trying though.

On 20/01/2016 at 5:28 AM, AssumingUnicorn said:

Block them. It only takes like 2 seconds to do so and there's not THAT much for you to be having to block them non-stop. Most of them are in nooby areas too so once you outlevel the area then there's less.

Would be effective IF the fkcing max wasnt 50 blocks.

I hit my max in 30 fcking minutes yesterday from region Chat alone.

Now they're all in faction chat, spamming our precious chat.

http://imgur.com/rPgqmz2

You cant even get 1 word in between, its so spammy (5-7 messages per second)

7 minutes ago, Unskilled banana said:

1. Go to chat settings

2. Uncheck everything except normal/party/guild/private (uncheck dragonspire party)

3. U can't see gold sellers anymore

Yeah and if you're not in a guild or a party you don't get to interract with anyone . Nice sollution lol .

Archived