Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

On 1/23/2016 at 4:20 PM, Eldemarco said:

Even the new servers are filled with bots and gold spammers. The only logical course of action is that if enough players ban a certain player name, the entire account gets an IP ban, or a lock. Or, require periodic captcha codes or secondary password entries in order to speak in chat. This will kill the bot's ability to post at the very least.

sadly this doesn't work ..

I am on  "float" ISP system where I start my modem and I get an ISP # which a gold farmer COULD have been using before me but now I am blocked for their bad acting..

then there are a lot of providers who are so lazy that you use an ISP behind their ISP like a network so they would have to ban your providers ISP altogether which would ban A LOT of people all at once ..

19 minutes ago, swabs said:

considering the game isn't new  by a long way I'm surprised they don't auto monitor gold sellers, the limit on blocks means you can never block them all even if you clear out every couple of days yes I tried it. you can just block and  move on its all over the faction chat and don't suggest blocking it can be the biggest source for answers for new player like myself. seems to me you might aswell remove Nprotect from the startup it isn't working gold sellers are still botting

though I think the blocks should be bigger unlimited is a little too much as then you have to go back and delete them from time to time unless they put them on a time lock

sadly we can't just kill these lazy idiots that won't go out and get real jobs ;)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so at the moment on Wild Springs, we have spammers for one of the sites, people probably know which one, its spammed every 1 second for a minute at a time....

The whole chat is just filled with spam, no-one can talk to eachother, and there is no point banning/blocking the characters, because they are not even ingame characters, they are programs that have been written to hijack the chat channel without even logging into the game, inject their message a few times, and then randomise another name to start again.

There is only one way to stop the spammers doing this:

Make buying gold bannable, and make that publicly known, if no-one buys, they will stop selling.

This has been done on a few games I've played in the past, and spammers stopped in no time and new ones stopped showing up, And FYI From what I am aware from other games I play all the gold they 'sell' is hacked on them. So you might want to figure out how they are gathering the gold in the first place, as it most likely isn't legit.

Of course there is only one way to stop them plaguing all games everywhere: The gold spamming sites just need to be shut down, permanently.

Posting this in every gold spammer thread I see, just to get people informed.

Faction chat is literally taken over by gold spam bots... I see archeage happening all over again... This is threating to kill game again like with AA... Trion ignored this and lost big deal of money... I hope NCsoft wont alow this before game even started... Will this ever be fixed?

1 hour ago, Compieneko said:

Ok so at the moment on Wild Springs, we have spammers for the site [REDACTED]

The whole chat is just filled with spam, no-one can talk to eachother, and there is no point banning/blocking the characters, because they are not even ingame characters, they are programs that have been written to hijack the chat channel without even logging into the game, inject their message a few times, and then randomise another name to start again.

There is only one way to stop the spammers doing this:

Make buying gold bannable, and make that publicly known, if no-one buys, they will stop selling.

This has been done on a few games I've played in the past, and spammers stopped in no time and new ones stopped showing up, And FYI From what I am aware from other games I play all the gold they 'sell' is hacked on them. So you might want to figure out how they are gathering the gold in the first place, as it most likely isn't legit.

Of course there is only one way to stop them plaguing all games everywhere: The gold spamming sites just need to be shut down, permanently.

Posting this in every gold spammer thread I see, just to get people informed.

Take the URL out of your post, you're currently a free advert.

Everyone knows that they are a huge problem at the moment. A quite good solution is to block each of them, it'll take you like 15-20 per day maybe but it's fine. The problem is that we have a limited block list... ;/

Even if we live in a perfect world with ZERO spam, why would you limit me to block people? Let me be a antisocial prick if I want and block everyone I see in my path.

What am I missing, why would you even limit the block list?

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:28 PM, AssumingUnicorn said:

Block them. It only takes like 2 seconds to do so and there's not THAT much for you to be having to block them non-stop. Most of them are in nooby areas too so once you outlevel the area then there's less.

How do you block when u have 50 already blocked?

Not saying this is a solution because ESO is B2P however the have 3 deletes once you use them you must wait 24hours to get a delete back and you get one back every 24hours. I never saw a gold spam bot in ESO but I know being B2P it's a little different. That couple with the 5 minutes delete I think would help (get rid of 7 day delete) 

So here's how it would work

3 deletes (this should NOT be something you can increase from cash shop) 

if you use all three you can't delete another toon for 24 hours (you gain one delete back every 24 hours only after you spend all three) 

Add the current 5 minute timer for deletes (like it is for low levels to characters of any level) 

Since everyone only gets two initial char slots I think this could help since you can only increase via CS slots 

I thought for a solution this morning..maybe by adding a "Field Words Filter", where you can add specifics words, and then block automatically the message. As you can see, the Bots change the words like Gold=g0ld or the website www= w w w. If you add this words, or a groups of words, in the Field, you will block the message., like: *gold+eu+www " in the same message will be automatically blocked. this is how this filter will work
When they change a word that we inserted in the filter, they will change that word.. so, we add again this new word.. and when the bots dont have word anymore the spamm automatically end for ever.

We dont vanquish the Bots but we can vanquish (prevent) the spamm.
It's not annoying like block manually them.

My block list is full and I can't block them anymore. A 50 person list is to small to to deal with the spammers. It wouldn't be a problem if the older accounts that were banned, would also be removed from my Blocklist automatically... now I don't know who to remove from the blocklist.

Also if you report someone for boting and spamming, they should be added to different blocklist.

There is such a nonstop flow of gold spam that you literally cannot read anyone's comments in Zone or Faction\Clan chat before it is bumped off the screen by gold spammers. My block list is full. It amazes me that companies cannot curb Gold spamming. Or could it be they don't want to?

At any rate, you might want to pass on this game unless you LOVE gold spam.

I dont know is NCsoft taking this seriousely, but faction chat useless? BIG NO NO! If they start alowing this they can go free delete factions witch would result players leaving. If they leave spam bots as they do, this scenario is also game over. Trion ignored this. They even take all this "player complains" as big hype and proud how everyone cares. Month later Archeage became Boteage, all left game and Trion lost money. I had big expectations from NCsoft, never even think they would alow this, but this, like now, is disaster...

I just logged in right now and found the chat filled with bot/gold seller spams, at first I report and block them but some can't be blocked anymore and before I can report, block combo one of them 3 or more new spams joins the chat... some of them even whispers me! This is getting really serious and annoying. The chat is getting overwhelmed both faction, party finder and region chat.

RIP bns chat... you will be missed...

Yeah they definitely need to find a way to stop the bots ASAP. I couldn't even read Faction Chat yesterday, it's pretty bad. What's even more surprising is just how many of them there are only a few days after launch. I'm already getting whispers and stuff from them.

yeah im starting to get very frunstrated atm my ignore list is full , 50 cap on that , need freaking 500 cap minimum, and gold spammers are going full retard in evry channel except clan chat , its not possible for me to have a normal chat in any chat but clan chat , sure i can make new windows when they maybe not spamming one channel but seriously this needs to be dealt with

Well Faction Chat is now practically dead thanks to those bots on Cerulean on the Yehara server. As soon as I block ten more, Ten or more new ones show up. I cannot keep up with unblocking old ones and blocking new ones. But to be honest, I am glad I read this thread in it's entirety. I'd post a picture, but at this point, I do not think I need to. To be honest, I was thinking about quitting the game, out of frustration from the chat bots, despite the fact I bought Premium xD

But as I said, this thread alone changed that. I hope NCsoft is able to do something about the bots that indeed does slow them down a great deal and something that works. :) 

Archived