Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

1 hour ago, Aimscoes said:

Please... Get a temp team to go inside servers and instant ban Gold Sellers, how hard can it be. 

All it takes is 1 GM across all servers for a small amount of time and you will have beat'n their faces hard. 

Well I think it's much easier than you think, generally goldbots use a random name, with a simple list of connected players and their IPs of each server and GM rights to teleport near the player, you could track and ban all those bots. Each server can have between 5000 and 7000 players so the list of each server isn't to big, plus you could check first the IPs that have more accounts connected at the same time.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Daxby said:

Well I think it's much easier than you think, generally goldbots use a random name, with a simple list of connected players and their IPs of each server and GM rights to teleport near the player, you could track and ban all those bots. Each server can have between 5000 and 7000 players so the list of each server isn't to big, plus you could check first the IPs that have more accounts connected at the same time.

That's what i would do as well, just IP Ban the mdfokers right away, bye NCsoft games on ur PC. 

Heya guys, figured I'd chime in with a quick comment. 

So, I followed the submit a ticket link that a BnS representative posted earlier in this topic and started shooting off tickets regarding several bots in the Yehara, Cerulean Order's Faction Chat, as well as some that were in the dungeon lobby. 

Now while I haven't seen anything happen to the bots in the game so far, it's only been about an hour since when I submitted my first 3 tickets and all 3 of them received responses within a 30 minute time-frame which is actually impressive for any type of customer support, so let's all pray to god that the screenshots that were submitted with the tickets allow them to distribute bans to the gold bots, and start to clean up my server, and possibly other servers as well if others submit their own tickets.

Things you all can do that I've seen work in other games to remove spammers.  Some have already been mentioned above.  Remember some of these gold spammers steal accounts so its important to get rid of them and ruins the game right now for new players.  They also make the log in que so much longer.  A larger block list won't help the issue.  Raising the amount of effort it takes to spam will.

1. Block the ability to post on region chat, LFG chat and Faction chat for characters under a certain level.  Many games block until lvl 10.  This helped City of Heroes issues too.  This naturally results in people getting whispers/tells and emails but that takes a lot more effort on the part of the goldsellers than spamming chat and that effort might be prohibitive.  Having a help chat channel could help for new players who have important questions but that will be innundated with spamming as well.

2. Have a killer Dev stalk the starting areas like Duhm in Guild Wars.  Mercilessly killing obvious bots and spawn camping them before banning them.  Its satisfying for everyone watching it happen, especially if its a Destroyer.  It also shows the community that the dev team is actively aware and handling the situation.

3.  An exchange system works in Guild Wars 2 to limit gold sellers.  Their money to gem exchange is a safe way to get gems or gold using real money and this cuts deeply into the shady realm of goldsellers. 

4. Change your coding to hunt out obvious goldseller names and record their chat traffic to check if you need to ban them for spamming.  This works somewhat but its better then not having it.  I'm sure you are already working on this for BnS as this is the most common response.

5. Spam limits.  Many games block all chat from a player after repeating the same message 5 times in chat.  Usually they are blocked for a minute or two and that can help.

After implementing all this.  Many games I've played become pleasant bot free experiences and is more welcoming to new players.

1 hour ago, ForeverZero said:

Things you all can do that I've seen work in other games to remove spammers.  Some have already been mentioned above.  Remember some of these gold spammers steal accounts so its important to get rid of them and ruins the game right now for new players.  They also make the log in que so much longer.  A larger block list won't help the issue.  Raising the amount of effort it takes to spam will.

1. Block the ability to post on region chat, LFG chat and Faction chat for characters under a certain level.  Many games block until lvl 10.  This helped City of Heroes issues too.  This naturally results in people getting whispers/tells and emails but that takes a lot more effort on the part of the goldsellers than spamming chat and that effort might be prohibitive.  Having a help chat channel could help for new players who have important questions but that will be innundated with spamming as well.

2. Have a killer Dev stalk the starting areas like Duhm in Guild Wars.  Mercilessly killing obvious bots and spawn camping them before banning them.  Its satisfying for everyone watching it happen, especially if its a Destroyer.  It also shows the community that the dev team is actively aware and handling the situation.

3.  An exchange system works in Guild Wars 2 to limit gold sellers.  Their money to gem exchange is a safe way to get gems or gold using real money and this cuts deeply into the shady realm of goldsellers. 

4. Change your coding to hunt out obvious goldseller names and record their chat traffic to check if you need to ban them for spamming.  This works somewhat but its better then not having it.  I'm sure you are already working on this for BnS as this is the most common response.

5. Spam limits.  Many games block all chat from a player after repeating the same message 5 times in chat.  Usually they are blocked for a minute or two and that can help.

After implementing all this.  Many games I've played become pleasant bot free experiences and is more welcoming to new players.

Exactly. these are pretty standard and commonly used in practically every game I have played for a number of years, more so with new games because the gold sellers know all the players in the game start with nothing. I have no idea what NCsoft is doing they dont use any of these at all it is like they have no idea what they are doing, understandable for a brand new publisher with its first online game, but NC are far from new to this business.

As for why a low level new player can not report a bot or spammer, but yet a low level character as access to every channel in the game and the ability to none stop spam it with anything it wants to is totally beyond logic, this is probably one of the main reasons there are huge queues to get into the game on every server.......servers are full...yeah...........full of BOTS and SPAMMERS

One thing current login queue problem is doing is pushing more players to buy the premium packs with 'hope' of getting in the game faster with the queue priority system, So on the other hand from NC's point of view this problem of huge amounts of bots in game and long queues for none premium players is actually making NC more revenue. You have got to remember NCsoft is a business they are not publishing this game so people can have fun, they publish it to make money first and foremost.

After a while, Bots nubmer been even increasing like more and more because of login in queue is 0, i cant read my faction chat anymore and i cant even block those bots, cuz every minute comes 3-6 bots and they spam way to fast. GMs pls, need quick fix.. or Solution for this.

right now gold bots spamming fraktion chat on starfall crater.

im blocking 5 and 10 more spammin, really a cap of 50 to block players is very low.

I cant read even fraktion chat.

plz change that cap or make it unlimited, dunno if it helps.

Gold sellers (Spammers most of them) are a phenomenon too hard to supress from any mmo but the real problem here is the block limit i alredy used all my slots for blocking but there still so much of this gold sellers. They are ruin the chat and communication between players i must say is quite annoying see two or three msg of this spammer for second. Im full aware is imposible banned all the gold sellers but at least give us more block slots.   

17 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings Kensho1996! The development team are currently looking into increasing the block list capacity. In the meantime, feel free to delete the oldest blocked contacts as they are more than likely to have been taken care of. :)

Thanks for your help with reporting these players! We really do appreciate it.

that would help THOUGH not a perfect answer there really isn't one other than putting GMs online just to keep bumping the gold spammers .. we literally end up with a wall of tect from 2 or 3 spammers at a time who must have the messages macroed and are hitting it it as fast as they can .. I will say I bet it won't be long before the crashed to chat begin and crashes to the game itself due to the velocity that they are spamming it and I could put up with these gold spammer IF they only did it once or twice ever few mins (though they shouldn't be there at all) but this is NOT what they are doing..

Sadly as for deleting gold spammers it didn't work on Sunday as all the ones I had reported/blocked from Thursday on were still there (yes I know you have had issues which is why I asked for more block slots)

Ty  for the info Rukkirii

1 hour ago, SVrider said:

Can anyone please tell me how to clear my ignore list? I dont see where to do it.

it is in your friends list to block it .. not sure what the f key is for it but if you hit escape it will be one of the icons on the bottom right

sorry for the slow answer btw

17 hours ago, Bigby said:

its not about increase ban list, this game just need some moderador who ban instantly bot spamers

this would be a great idea BUT it can cost a lot of money sadly .. every server would need at least one mod for every say 8 or so hours (if a paid job) .. considering the game is potentially a FTP game that can be very costly

someone said to disable region chat will reduce it and it does to some degree BUT I have had my region chat disabled from day one after about one hour and yet the little turds have infiltrated the faction and dungeon finder chats as well now .. sigh here is hoping the lazy buggers one day all starve to death or that they make gold spamming a capital offense (yes I am mostly kidding about the 2nd part)

considering the game isn't new  by a long way I'm surprised they don't auto monitor gold sellers, the limit on blocks means you can never block them all even if you clear out every couple of days yes I tried it. you can just block and  move on its all over the faction chat and don't suggest blocking it can be the biggest source for answers for new player like myself. seems to me you might aswell remove Nprotect from the startup it isn't working gold sellers are still botting

Today in less than 5 mins, goldseller bot just spawn like too much... faction chat is full with goldseller message from the same site, ncsoft please , do a legal action against these guys, or something, i cant talk with my faction buddies and limited only to guild chat or whispers, i want to play whit other players of my factions and have a whole game experience.

Sorry my english

13 hours ago, enem said:

Yes it provides a legitimate method for those of us that see it as the 'proper' and safe way to obtain gold, but you really think that covers everyone?   

all it does is puts a base value on gold as set by NCSoft in relation to NCoin. Goldsellers will almost always be able to undercut this price as it translates to real money.

so I don't see this as a solution. 

we discussed this during CBT too and one of the issues also with selling gold is that having a lot of gold is a pay to win option for crafting in a lot of ways (since you pay to get crafting materials and to craft and can purchase everything you need in the AH almost)

also IF you are allowed to buy gold you end up with an artificial influx of gold that devalues gold first then overvalues all items in AHs as too many people will have too much currency on hand (which is idiotic as later on all you do is end up stock piling it anyway since you run out of things to spend it on)

even the idea of selling gold by the providers of the game is only a placebo in the end and the best thing is to make sure there is someone regularly kicking/banning farmers and spammers ..

just on an off shoot to this I am not even sure if those nodes for wells and crystals even work as I have only ever seen ONE up and that was near the Dura dungeon and I am betting it is due to farmers though it could also be due to the mass numbers in low level zones at this time

I just blocked about 10 goldspammers when i logged in and still i havent managed to block them all

increasing the blocklist isnt gonna fix this problem, they spam and spam.. they make new chars and spam more

some chatban on spamming the faction/region channel could help, but still doesnt fix the issue

In my opinion a gamemaster should monitor the servers and block this spammers from the chat, so not every bns player has to do this for themselves

Its annoying and you cant even read what the real people write cause its going way to fast with 10 spammers minimum

Pls make some good adjustment in this chat system cause its making the game a hell of a lot less interesting this way

Archived