Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they will officially respond but, most mmorpg's have gold sellers and no matter what GM's try to do to get rid of them they always find a way to spam and advertise the selling in the game. 

Its annoying as hell and they could do things like block parts of url's but that still wouldn't stop them from spamming your chat and there's so many bots spamming its almost unrealistic to think GM's can handle all of them and even if they do, they will just make new ones. They have gold spammers in all Blade and Soul regions :( 

If they have a new way of dealing with it, would be interesting to know. But, everything any mmorpg company has done so far hasn't been able to stop bots, they always find a way around it. 

Only thing that can't be worked around is removing all the chats, blocking any words related to selling or gold, or if people didn't actually buy gold. Of course, none of that is going to happen so its hard to handle the problem. 

I only wish they would have an auto ban system where if enough people report the user, it will suspend their account. This actually wont help with spammers, but will help with botters.

I do know that they did something with it this time, by preventing many actions up until lvl 15. So, hopefully you will see it less and less as you make your way to the end of the game and go into areas only available to higher levels.

1 minute ago, truecrisis said:

I only wish they would have an auto ban system where if enough people report the user, it will suspend their account. This actually wont help with spammers, but will help with botters.

Just no.

This can easily be abused by regular players if they so happen to have some kind of hate towards another player.

They can just get 10+ people or their clan to report someone then poof goes that person since it's an auto ban.

Thats always the reaction, but yes, it can be done.

It wouldn't be some system that goes just off of the number of people. It would have thresholds. For example, if the system white flagged you as a real person based on some criteria you would be immune to this sort of flagging.

Believe it or not, there are smart engineers in this world. Who knows if there are any at NCsoft.

Yeah from my experience game developers and publishers try pretty hard to get rid of them but the amount of them is unreal... And when they start getting automated about it as seen in many games or go HAM on it, tons of legitimate players get banned in the process.

In my opinion GMs should have an instance of the game open all the time and just ban them as they see them in chat, simple as that. Second monitor, when they see it, ban it. It's not unreasonable. It's not like they're staring at it anxiously waiting while ignoring other work they have to do, but nothing wrong with people publishing and handling the game to at least monitor it.

• NCSOFT

Hello!

Just to let everyone know, our team is fully aware about the RMT/Goldsellers spam going on and we are currently working on countermeasures to reduce the inconvenience it causes to players.

In the meantime please keep reporting bots by either using the in-game report feature or by submitting a ticket (Report Player > "They were trying to sell gold by spamming chat".), these reports greatly help our team to identify and removes bots from the game.

Thanks again!

My 2 cents:

1.  Heuristics to automatically (and silently) block any message with anything that even remotely looks like a URL (possible exception to whisper replies.)

2.  Do *not* do anything, whatsoever, to actually ban gold spammers.  Ban the bots, ban the characters in the pipeline holding the gold, ban the people who buy the gold, but leave the spammers alone.

It's trivial to make another spammer, and all banning them does is mean legitimate players have to block yet another name.  Not fun with the first 10 minutes or w/e of every play session is banning dozens of new spammers.

3 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Just no.

This can easily be abused by regular players if they so happen to have some kind of hate towards another player.

They can just get 10+ people or their clan to report someone then poof goes that person since it's an auto ban.

just insure that anyone that abuse it gets perma banned and you can only use it once you are max lvl

The best way to get rid of gold sellers is make in-game currency useless or not tradeable.  I suppose they could still use the market to transfer money if they really wanted to.

Right now I have a chat tab with only party and whispers enabled, I wish I could have the group finder messages enabled but gold sellers are using that to spam now too.

10 hours ago, truecrisis said:

The sad thing is that bots, spammers, and faction balance is what killed AION.

At least in BnS they have faction balance down... at least it seems. But this game seems less reliant on faction balance than AION was, so wasted effort perhaps.

A RL friend and I had that discussion last night, as we tried to find ways to disable all global chat.  The gold spam was horrible in Aion when I finally quit but it couldn't hold a candle to what is going on right now in BnS.  I haven't seen many obvious bots but the spam is unreal.

The real problem is that the game will be filled by RMT's "customers". If no one buys, RMT will become a thing of the past. But I'm beating a dead horse.

Another option is IP-blocking the not supported regions, proxies and socks servers, but I guess someone will rage about it.

11 hours ago, truecrisis said:

NCSOFT had tried this with Lineage2 and it was used to grief players that others didn't like, Such as your whole aly would report the opposing ally's best player

Hello all my Lineage 2 friends from Chronos from Shakesbeare, rub, Chewie

9 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Hello!

Just to let everyone know, our team is fully aware about the RMT/Goldsellers spam going on and we are currently working on countermeasures to reduce the inconvenience it causes to players.

Some are using BnS in game party announce to do the spamming.

Archived