Forums

Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

Clearly the gold spam has gotten dramatically worse in about the last hour(3-5 spammers per 2-3 minutes). I'd like to recommend the following changes to help alleviate the problem.

1) Arena Chat can only be used by players with at least Gold rating.

2) Faction Chat can only be used by players that have achieved at least the 2nd promotion.

3) Limit Dragonspire Chat to 1 message per 5-10 minutes.

4) Limit Clan Chat(the recruitment type) to 1 message per 20-30 minutes. And the same guild can not be spammed more than once. Increase the cost of creating a guild to 1 gold. Also remove the option to create a clan from Act 1.

5) Change the Report and Block option so that the player is permanently blocked without being added to the limited block list.

6) Any player receiving more than 20 "Report and Block" within 5 minutes is immediately squelched for no less than 24 hours. Open to appeal.

7) Try to hire at least 1 intern per server to just go through reports as quickly as possible.

These suggestions will not solve the problem, but they will make for an amazing stop gap until a better solution comes along.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sylla said:

Thats a good point. Thats why we cant have good thing, because people like you.

Yeah, i thought about it. But when you finish blackram pirates, not by lvl.

Deleting spam names is also a good idea.

Level 15 won't help since the bots are leveling up and will simply start spamming a bit later. Since it's a constant bot train, the effect won't change.

Deleting spam names? That's useless. The same company made bots using semi-human names in a different game by putting a combo of real names or just any elaborate tactic. (FingerMirabelle was my favorite bot name of theirs)

Yeah, I had to leave the party finder chat because I couldn't block the spammer and I couldn't read anything else. Do people seriously look at what these spammers are posting and go to the sites to buy stuff? It almost seems like a coordinated attack rather than an advertisement.

6 minutes ago, Sylla said:

Thats a good point. Thats why we cant have good thing, because people like you.

You're assuming I'll do it because I gave you a hypothesis, sureeee. Welp, I debunked the idea with logical facts so i'm done with your suggestion, off to debunk other suggestions.

2 minutes ago, ELicous said:

At that point the player who got muted by an abusive clan/group just needs to open a ticket for abuse. The chats they led to the original target getting muted will be investigated and if it turns out that it was not offensive then the player will be unmuted. Repeat offenses by the same clan/group will be warned and then banned. Griefers need to be policed just as spammers and bots.

Just because some cops abuse their powers does that mean we should get rid of them altogether? No. Let us as a community police ourselves so that we can get rid of the spammer problem ourselves. There will be a much smaller number of people who abuse this system than the number of gold spammers.

Look at dota2's report system for further reference:
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Report
And tell me if it's working, I'll be waiting. (I'm speaking in term of reality, this is the internet so one gotta face the cold hard fact of society).

3 minutes ago, Selene said:

1. make an item in the store for ncoins to be able to speak in faction

2. chat able only for lvl 15 or 20+

(pretty sure people will complain about 1 but yeah)

Point 1 is a legit point, just that the free players will complain (and servicing free players for their extravagant demands is a pain in the ass with 0 profit other than "mouth of bad words").
Point 2 has already been proven not working, because I see bots at lvl 30 lulz.

1 minute ago, Selene said:

Pretty sure they already know its big issue, dunno why or what they are doing, but spamming a thread every 10 mins not going to help.

That's the point. We have no idea what they are doing. 

Spam the forums see how they like it... with the same *cricket*ing thread get over it man. Do something bout the bots that simple. You say they have known about it? THEN DO SOMETHING? How hard can it be to increase the damn blocks. You lil forum defenders get a friggin life. I don't go reading 100's of post on this shit nor do I plan on it, I will leave it to simple kids like you. I would like to enjoy my game not read failums

I spent my first 10 min trying to block as many names as possible, ran out of room and the spam still flows in my chat box.  So damn annoying.  Does anyone know if the devs plan on doing anything about this.  This alone could kill this game for me. Absolutely ridiculous!  Its 2016, to have these problems in MMO's is a huge fail.

Even world of warcraft today has issues with bot spams and they a pay to play game. The issue is unless they actually file legal matters into those websites there isn't much that can be done very quickly. I've seen some games create filters but most of the time the it would just be a GM sitting in hidden mode deleting them as they appear. 

SRSLY I PAID TO PLAY THIS. FIRST IT WAS THE 5 HOUR QUEUE TIME. THEN IT WAS THE CUTSCENE CRASHING. THEN IT WAS THE SERVER DCING. NOW ITS THIS NONE STOP SPAMMMMING OMG IT DRIVES ME CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY I DONT HAVE SPACE TO BLOCK ALL OF THEM.... THE ONES ON LIST ARE STILL SPAMMING. WHATEVER UR DOING, UR NOT DOING IT FAST ENOUGH. YOU PPL MADE ALOT OFF THIS GAME AT LAUNCH ALONE. GET ON THIS SHIT MAN

I`m on the master hong server good server with nice people if you need a server you should stop by there but I`m sure the other servers are just as great and I`m sure they are also having the same problem. Lately the gold spam problem is getting out of hand I would say hey congrazs on reaching 1 million players in a week to Blade and Soul in the west but it makes me wonder how many of them are legit players. These gold spammers are toxic and getting so bad to the point that they are hacking and they cant be blocked. They are even taking up space in ques this is making alot of people highly upset and something needs to be done about it asap

Archived