Onyxwing Patriarch: Tactics?

LordLokai

Curious if we are missing something on this boss, once he goes air born his aoe knock down he just spams it, less then a second to react to anything does damage regardless, and i realize you need to spam attacks to knock him down. But is any other tactic to this? or is this boss a sheer case of numbers? My friend and i was trying this just two of us, knowing it was a 6 man but wanted to make sure wasn't some trick to this boss we were just missing. We do damage fine, but feels like its impossible to survive his aoe air knock down, or no way to avoid it either. 

Not sure of its the one I think off. 

One flies up to the air and spawns adds. When you kill the adds he comes back down.

The other boss flies up and you need to pick up a gun and shoot at him until he comes back down.

There are 2 raptor bosses not sure which one this is.

2 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Not sure of its the one I think off. 

One flies up to the air and spawns adds. When you kill the adds he comes back down.

The other boss flies up and you need to pick up a gun and shoot at him until he comes back down.

There are 2 raptor bosses not sure which one this is.

its one with the gun, issue we have is that his aoe is hitting for around 1/4 of our life bars per swing, and doesnt seem avoidable at all was just wondering if was a way to dodge that aoe, as it seems there is not and its more of a " tank it " situation.

yea i dunno, i strafe constantly and he'll hit me every single time, absolutely no warning its coming, just sort of blasts you as far as i can tell it doesn't have usual tells or even an action to avoid the damage via retreat, its only thing is beating us right now. That AOE hits so hard, is a knock down, and we cant quite figure out trick to avoiding it.

it's pretty hard to avoid, the way i do when i solo this is avoid with SS (which puts me in draw stance and gives me some movements speed) and get a boatload of evade.

i evade the attack roughly 3 out of 4 times on a good day.

obviosuly, this is for blademaster though.

still though, dropping the bird solo is slow as hell because everytime he knocks you down you waste all your time getting up and picking up the rifle instead of shooting him.

Edit: there is this thing i noticed though, but not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

Sometimes when you go behind a pillar on the cave and align the pillar straight between the bird and yourself, the bird spams the aoe in front of the pillar instead of hitting you. Either it's REALLY hard to get right, or then it's just a glitch of some sort that just randomly happens.

as far as i know, the bird only flies up 3 times during the battle, on the 4th time it just starts spawning the little birds but stays on the ground.

oh, and edit 2:

you need to empty 2 rifles to get it to come down. Though i kinda have a feeling the amount of shots you need goes down when the battle progresses.

(second and 3rd flights take less shots)

Actually, as a force master, you can put Tier 3 Stage 2 into Divine Veil which protects you from ranged attacks and that lets you run around while being immune to his attacks while he's airborne (and protect your allies), the the fire AoE on the ground will still damage you. You can also cast Frost Armor on yourself which immunizes you for 10 seconds. With both of these, you can generally stay immune from the Raptor for an entire flying phase. 

If you don't have aggro when he flies up, tell your party members not to attack the small raptors, and AoE them to death yourself until you aggro. If you still don't have aggro then grab a rifle. 

Archived