Why can we not buy individual items if someone sells in bulk on the market place?

Lynart

That's actually on purpose. Its because there is a limited amount of items you can register in a day and the amount you put up also changes the interests the market will take. This allows certain sell items at a lower price without dropping the price of the entire item with it.

Basically sell in small number but sell less in a day or sell in large number and take a huger cut.

3 minutes ago, Darkshana said:

That's actually on purpose. Its because there is a limited amount of items you can register in a day and the amount you put up also changes the interests the market will take. This allows certain sell items at a lower price without dropping the price of the entire item with it.

This kind of system *cricket*s both the buyer and seller. Who's idea was this? I'm starting to remember why I hated MMOs, it's worse than having to buy DLCs.

Just now, Lynart said:

This kind of system *cricket*s both the buyer and seller. Who's dipshit idea was this? I'm starting to remember why I hated MMOs, it's worse than having to buy DLCs.

Well considering the game's original design was subscription to play, and the main objective of this game is essentially get gold and material to upgrade gear. This system is meant to regulate the amount of gold players have so that it would take longer to complete their objective.

Also DLC are not always bad. Its bad for DLC to be a piece of the original game they split up to make money, but there contents being developed after game release later on can be considered good DLC. You seem to be complaining because it adds difficulty. 

Just now, Lynart said:

You can buy individual items in WoW and XIV. I was an AH *cricket* for a long time in WoW (hell AH is how you make money in games).

I currently play XIV and they don't split. It's kinda weird to allow splitting. It's a disadvantage to the seller. 

Just now, Darkshana said:

Well considering the game's original design was subscription to play, and the main objective of this game is essentially get gold and material to upgrade gear. This system is meant to regulate the amount of gold players have so that it would take longer to complete their objective.

Also DLC are not always bad. Its bad for DLC to be a piece of the original game they split up to make money, but there contents being developed after game release later on can be considered good DLC. You seem to be complaining because it adds difficulty. 

Time sink and difficulty are two different things. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 DLC is a good example of good DLC. Adds a lot of content to the game...hell DS2's DLC was harder than the main game (can't say the same for Bloodborne).

Crap like Modern Warfare on the other hand...remember back when games allowed map makers to make maps like fy_iceworld?

Just now, Lynart said:

Time sink and difficulty are two different things. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 DLC is a good example of good DLC. Adds a lot of content to the game...hell DS2's DLC was harder than the main game (can't say the same for Bloodborne).

Crap like Modern Warfare on the other hand...remember back when games allowed map makers to make maps like fy_iceworld?

Actually in this game it is essentially difficulty. As this game progress skill alone will no longer suffice. Equipment up be up to date to go against difficult enemy. Unlike Wow or FF14 YOU WILL NEED GOLD TO BECOME BETTER.

The game we play now is already reduced greatly in that matter. Weapon upgrade is cheaper than most other servers. Gold now drop nearly 40 times the original amount and subscription serves gives bonus (unlike previously).

You are also being off topic. The market system in this game was meant to some what slow the players progression by cutting gold from them which also means longer subscription time leading to profit for Ncsoft. 

3 minutes ago, Darkshana said:

Only game I know of is Pso2

I havn't played PSO2 as I was told the game servers are no longer running.

1 minute ago, Erik Bloodaxe said:

AION lets you buy bundles in the broker too ''recently'' (as long as the seller permits it)

I havn't been on AION recently but then again I hardly go to the market on that game at all unless to sell something.

19 minutes ago, Lynart said:

XI, WoW, Everquest 2, TERA, XIV, SWTOR

There are likely others.

As a TERA player, I can guarantee you that it's not possible to do what you're asking there. You either buy a single item if someone actually has it in a single stack, or you buy multiple in a stack. You can't pick and choose how many you buy from said stack.

I think it was possible in GW2, but it's been almost two years since I played it, so I really can't remember. Their broker system was amazing though.

Personally I do think it's bull that we're limited so much in how much we can sell per day for the whole account. Per character would make slightly more sense, but 10 things per day if non-premium and what, 15 for premium? For a whole account? That's absurd. It pretty much forces people to stack things as high as they can rather than selling in split stacks, or you're just wasting time. It's that system that's the problem, not being forced to buy things that are in bulk. Less things would be in bulk if it weren't for the silly restriction.

23 minutes ago, BestWaifu said:

I havn't played PSO2 as I was told the game servers are no longer running.

I havn't been on AION recently but then again I hardly go to the market on that game at all unless to sell something.

I was playing the JP version. The game's market system allows people to put up to 999 a stock of item and the buy pays for the transaction fee . You can buy them from 1 to 999 at your own choice and sellers do not pay a single metseta. However it does require you to have premium or sales pass (from fun point) to sell items.

Archived