Is KFM the worst PvP class?

Sdric

According to the initial description I assumed that KFm would be among the strongest, but after looking at the skillset (and seeing several KFM ingame) it feels like the class isn't suited well for PvP at all:

1.) Very reactive class, poor offensive/followup - the few good upgrades have VERY long cooldown and simply don't do enough in a prolonged arena match

2.) KFM is relatively squishy and completely reliant on his block (which doesn't even block a lot of his hitbox) to land, without his block he doesn't do much an doesn't survive much. getting attacked from several angles by a summoner leaves him without any real tool to fight back

Well, those were my observations so far - I was told that the LvL 50 PvP in Korea gave him a boost; could anybody tell me what changed about him?

/What are your thoughts on KFM?

P.S: I'm a Blade Dancer, so my perspective is limited

Because it has the highest skill cap, it is the hardest class to get right. If you aren't doing it right, you're a free kill. If you're doing it right you've got a slight upper hand on just about everyone. It's a class that punishes your mistakes more than any other, so.. Have fun with that!

57 minutes ago, Sdric said:

1.) Very reactive class, poor offensive/followup

This is simply not true. If you get good counters, you can follow up with very powerful combos, such as your aerial combo, and I've seen a KFM lock me down for 8 seconds while dealing around 40% of my HP in damage.

I'm playing KFM too and let's be honest, the class should be listed at 5 star harder than the others not only 1 or half a star harder,  because it require to practice double if not more than any other class.

Simple example, while warrior and sin can damage half your hp bar with left click + right click spam, you have to make the opponent waste his cc immune, then land a stun/daze while his escape are on  cooldown , then hit 3-R-F with the right rythm (I insist on the fact that you can't simply spam the keys) else the combo won't work, all that during a 2sec stun/daze because you can't proc the combo if the target is not cc'ed by those , fail that combo and  you fail the fight. (talking about equal skilled players, not noob stomping)

Not to mention that if you're ping is not stable you'll be punished harder than other classes.

The main damage combo (3RF) is  a handicap to the class, the gameplay is not as smooth as spamming LMB/RMB on  a cc'ed target. If KFM could do that combo with those 2 key, it would be on the top 3 pvp classes.

As a KFM you have to struggle with that combo just to be on par with other classes damage, if you can't manage that combo you'd be that free kill for people that can spam LMB+RMB , if you can do the combo you'll be a challenge for them, nothing more, but don't expect that combo to give you the upper hand on other classes, it  just makes the  KFM on the same level of damage as other classes, KFM players have to spend lot of time to practice just to have their class on par with other.

So yes I'd say that KFM is the worst pvp class just because it requires so much more than other classes to be able to do something decent during a fight.

But it doesn't stop you from  playing the class or winning fight, you just gotta accept that you'll have to train 2x more than others to make your class effective, and if they trained 2x more too, then expect to train 4x more to beat them :)

My main is KFM and now is really hard to pvp cuz for me the KFM really needs like lvl 50 hongmoon 9 i think with those skill points and Hongmoon skill will be more good in pvp.... but idk im from Argentina and i have 170 - 185 ms(with WTFast) for play as a KFM need like 70 - 100 its so hard to make combos and stuff but well idk how much long i will play this game cuz i really cant play with those ms

I wouldn't say it's the worst, but requires the most practice to use well. I got the floor mopped with me my first few rounds but I gradually got better at it. Unless you know what you're doing another class can take half your HP down with little effort.

That being said, once you get good at it, you've typically got an edge. I'm a level 32 gold KFM and have beat a few level 45's, including other KFM's.

I think it's more difficult for sure, you need to change how you fight for each class you go up against. Good ping and FPS is pretty much essential too. I don't see as many KFM's as I do other classes in PvP which is a shame. It's pretty fun to play as.

To be frank, I'm having a miserable time playing KFM even now at 45 in the arena. I really like the class though, as well as the aesthetics of it, and I WILL continue practicing with it.

But, it is a grueling experience and has made me very resentful towards every other class in the game. Lol.

That being said I've seen some amazing KFMs. I however am not twitchy MLG pro gamer boy. I've got just under a 50/50 win ratio at the moment having just gone through a string of losses. However I've only totaled between 60-70 games 1v1.

It's really quite the mind*cricket* for someone like myself, so perhaps I'm just not cut out for it. I often find my self scrambling around my keys unsure how to react, trying to spam skills on cooldown or just not queued for use for whatever reason. It's very frustrating.

This is just my 2 cents.

I'm a KFM and my advice is just practice practice practice...

The class is the hardest one in the game for a good reason, especially true in Arena.

Master your 3rf ani cancel as well as knowing when to use your stuns and baiting out escapes. Also, a good PvP build can make a huge difference as well.

Learn to Q/E and stack max Agility alot, very important and I don't really see a lot of people abuse this especially against FM/SMN and they cry about how they lose to them.

I play as a KFM, and i don't really think it's the worst class for pvp... Well, it sure isn't easy, because if you miss a single one of your skills you're gonna end up dead. What you want with a KFM for pvp is a lot of CCs, specially knock ups, since you have 2 aerial follow ups that deal massive damage and have zero cooldown and zero focus cost.

What i usually do: My tab jump is the one with 1 min cooldown that knocks the target up, start the fight with this if you think you can land the hit. Keep going with the 2 aerial follow ups, falling star being the last one of'em. When the enemy hits the ground you should use quake. ( You better have the build where after aerial follow up grounding quake comes automaticaly with no cost and deals massive damage.

If your target's still alive you should try to use your leg sweep or something else to make him spend his cc breakers, or if you're confident with your speed and your enemie's dumbness you could just go -> Rising Dragon ( Stun that breaks defense ) > Sky Kick ( Aeria ) -> LMB x2  ( Aerial Follow ups ) and then Quake again.

If, for some reason, your enemy is still alive you can try using a bait finisher -> Guiding fist -> Double tap S to escape -> F to come back with smite, and guess what? Once again you can use your aerial follow up, shooting star to ground and get another cooldown free, focus cost free, instant quake.

This is the strategy i use, with some tweaks for each class of course, but the basic is: Make him fly to spam your skills that deal massive damage with no cooldown and no focus cost.

I'm totally new to the game and I agree its been really tough. Sometimes I feel like Ive made progress then a match (usually against forcecasters) changes all that. I picked the class because I like challenges though so I willl stick with it, but yea it does seem that other classes have it way easier.

3 hours ago, Numzi said:

Look at this. Especially at 8:15. The combo is ridiculous lol.

I'm also a KFM and want to get this good but think Lv 50 is necessary :P

That combo is entirely possible on this patch, he didn't even really use the KFM full combo there.  He got a daze off of his tab escape (2 points into tab for this). Did lmb, shin kick(3), tremor(v), 3, pressure point (x), 3RF x 4 or 5, knockup (lmb).

11 hours ago, Zakaru said:

That combo is entirely possible on this patch, he didn't even really use the KFM full combo there.  He got a daze off of his tab escape (2 points into tab for this). Did lmb, shin kick(3), tremor(v), 3, pressure point (x), 3RF x 4 or 5, knockup (lmb).

Thanks for the info! I definitely want to end up maining on KFM and actually be one of the good ones so as I level up, I can try putting this kind of combo into practice. 

KFM is miles ahead of any other class in terms of difficulty, but it certainly is not weak. If you can manage to make someone waste their tab then you can simply 100-0 them with a flawless 3RF combo. If you can't consistently 3rf then you NEED to learn it or reroll, it is really that simple.

Its not the worst by far but the skill cap in PvP is insane. Most people are going to find it difficult because its pretty unforgiving and when it comes to KFM, you're either amazing or or terrible, really not a middle ground as harsh as it sounds. Its good but not many people can master it or just readily play it and do ok like the other classes.

21 minutes ago, Ansel said:

Its a L2P issue, KFM are a class in a perfect spot(balanced) and have the best block use it.

This.

The difference between a good and a bad KFM is monsterous.

There are KFM's at diamond.

I dont see a problem with KFM but most of KFM i fight against are really bad some of them just dont counter at all

Almost reached gold rank with my KFM, i dont see a problem just the assasin is broken cause everytime assassin hits kfm it doesnt seem to counter attacks buggy bit...

I have really much fun with it :D cause i can stun lock people and do with huge combo 75%-100% hp damage basically instakill them.

Archived