Forums

High-End PC, Low FPS

Turmoilmd

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am getting low fps with my computer build that shouldn't be getting low fps. I average around 30 fps on both max, and mid settings. The only time I get 60+ FPS is on low settings. My computer consists of a i7 3770k, a 4GB EVGA 980, 8 GB of RAM, and 3 500Gb SSDs. All of my drivers are 100% up to date and I pull amazing FPS in games that are far more computer intensive than BnS. Anyone have any idea what's up? 

They can't do much about that has a good graphic for an MMORPG, me either when there's no players i get 60 fps.

But if for example in a dungeon there's 6 peoples against monsters then their doing skills and stuffs my fps drops like hell, i don't think to put it in low settings would change anything at all..

I too have fps drops (fps rate is fine tho) with a medium ranged PC that runs most other games flawlessly. I know you can't compare other games to MMOs but i still think that I should be able to play B&S on 60fps with no lags due to fpsdrops

The game is running d3d9, and rocking the x86 architechture. Unfortunately it's not going to utilize current/powerful hardware all that well. Especially on the threading side of things.

Typically, you should be getting great fps when there's not much happening on-screen. But, as soon as a lot of process-heavy tasks begin. The frame rate will nosedive.

If you're getting frame rate problems just stand around in general. Then there's something up on your end. Maybe try some pc maintanence (CCleaner, driver updates, etc)

Also, try creating a profile with your graphics card's control panel for the game, and ensure your gpu is running on high performance profile for the game (Client.exe).

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:16 PM, Turmoilmd said:

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am getting low fps with my computer build that shouldn't be getting low fps. I average around 30 fps on both max, and mid settings. The only time I get 60+ FPS is on low settings. My computer consists of a i7 3770k, a 4GB EVGA 980, 8 GB of RAM, and 3 500Gb SSDs. All of my drivers are 100% up to date and I pull amazing FPS in games that are far more computer intensive than BnS. Anyone have any idea what's up? 

*Check your motherboard manual or BIOS to see if there is a recommend PCI slot your GPU should be in.*

I played ARK on max setting and no problems. Then had a graphic problem with FF-XIII, was all clunky. Did my above *blah* and FF-XIII ran fabulous.

For me it helped a lot to diasble the 3GB Ram Limit, i have 120 FPS pretty much allways,

I play on 2560x1440 with this Setup: i7 4790k @ 4.9 GHZ, GTX 980ti in Sli.

My Mate has pretty much the Same Setup with no OC, and has 70-80 Fps only, i run windows 10 btw.

As far as I can tell, B&S is pretty CPU hungry, which means OC CPU = more stable, FPS. 

48 minutes ago, KurosakiShun said:

Most players with this problem, I'm sure they can confirm their CPU percentage doesn't go above 70% while playing BnS. So then how even is it hungry of CPU? I'm on i3 and like I said..

Meaning that it goes more for the CPU Power, and less for GPU.

Like 70% CPU and 30% GPU, which results in OC CPU = more fps.

On 1/27/2016 at 7:10 AM, Riku-Chan said:

Meaning that it goes more for the CPU Power, and less for GPU.

Like 70% CPU and 30% GPU, which results in OC CPU = more fps.

You're speaking non-sense. However, to help everyone, I'll post what I found out. I'll just copy-paste it. (mainly a freeze fix)

Hello Doom. So look what I found out. Well the thing is that the game doesn't utilize your GPU at max, basically not making use of it. I ran a program to monitor my GPU usage and realized the game is using only @200 vram. So to boost the vram usage, I changed BNS settings to max, then I opened a side game, mortal kombat x to make sure it'll eat some vram. So the total vram usage reached 1700. Played MK a minute, then changed to BnS (without closing MK) and played for 5min. After that I closed MK so when I went back on BnS, adjusted graphics to what I'd feel confortable with, and I noticed the game used 320 vram instead of 200 like before, which made it a lot more playable, with rarer freezes, a big improvement. Even tho.. not perfect. It still doesn't use enough vram. So do this too, and tell me how does it feel for you!

i don't know what the  is problem  but i get 70-90 fps  just standing around or in a raid with everyone using skills never drops below 58 lol ofc my ping is 32 ms  am not running pc spec like some of theses guys i got intel core 2 quad q8200 2.4 ghz with 8 gb ram 1 tb ssd my gpu is gigabyte geforce 750 ti oc 2gb ddr5 ram  and i  don't even use the oc for it normal 1032 mhz/ oc 1386 mhz

Even standing around, right now, I'm only getting 15-25 fps. But for me this only started happening after the last update. Before the update I would get around 90-110 fps, After the update I would be lucky to get around 30 fps. :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2016 at 2:08 PM, kaokane said:

i don't know what the  is problem  but i get 70-90 fps  just standing around or in a raid with everyone using skills never drops below 58 lol ofc my ping is 32 ms  am not running pc spec like some of theses guys i got intel core 2 quad q8200 2.4 ghz with 8 gb ram 1 tb ssd my gpu is gigabyte geforce 750 ti oc 2gb ddr5 ram  and i  don't even use the oc for it normal 1032 mhz/ oc 1386 mhz

My computers specs are literally almost double yours and i never go past 10-20. Unreal. 

• 1 year later...

So, I'm having the same issue where I am getting around 10-30 FPS. I have checked for malware, cleaned the registry, used both NVIDIA Control Panel and NVIDIA Inspector (making sure "High-performance NVIDIA Processor" was selected for Global Settings, Program [client.exe] settings and the PhysX processor. I have also tested changing the settings in game (turning off and on both GSYNC and Vertical Sync, clicked optimize for low-performance computers). No matter what I do I am still getting around 10-30 FPS and I have no clue why. It's been like this for a week now, a bit after Blade and Soul had an update. I used to have 80 FPS all the time. Have any of you found a solution to this?

PC:

Lenovo Ideapad Y700

6th Gen Intel Core i7-6700HQ 

Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB

16GB DDR4

Archived