I want a Rifle class!

Temjiu

35 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

its already supported by lore, so people saying No, how about you explain why? more choices are good and already support in game for this style of class. I'd be all for a gun slinger it would be interesting... and add some variety to the game which it kind of needs. 

My guess is the people who are against gunners don't realize that the technology level of the world is at the point where firearms have replaced bows and crossbows as the ranged weapon of choice.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I would rather see bot killing NPC's posted at all Dungeons, Arena's and running around map's in general. If your name's hfghdfhgdhf or anything random or your constantly doing the same cycle of moves and skills and don't reply to the automated pm within 30 sec it set's you on fire. It has auto detect function's which then perm ban you. I played a private server once where the coder/dev made these giant hands that came up from the ground and killed pvp botter's and banned them was quite fun to watch.

I would certainly like to see a gunner class, considering that the existence of Soha and gun-wielding enemies implied that they had some concept of such a thing. Shame they didn't continue with it...then again, it'd probably end up either overpowered or a joke....like Warlock.

I dont want a Rifle class!

I dont think it fit's in a martial arts game. And no, i also dont think that forcemaster, warlock or summoners cats with nuclear rockets (dafuq?) fit into this game. We have enough easy mode classes in this game (including assassin in pve, at least currently). If there has to be a new ranged class at least make it an archer-hybrid-something. That means, not entirely ranged, but ranged optionally and a bow fits more than guns intot his game. But i hope the class they are currently working on uses spears (as in fighting, not throwing). 

Other than that: No. No *cricket*ing healing class. Never. Omg, why do people try to destroy this game so badly lol. Gtfo with your heals, this is one of the only games where pve isnt a cakewalk (even tho, we dont have much of this kind of content now). 

3 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

I dont want a Rifle class!

I dont think it fit's in a martial arts game. And no, i also dont think that forcemaster, warlock or summoners cats with nuclear rockets (dafuq?) fit into this game. We have enough easy mode classes in this game (including assassin in pve, at least currently). If there has to be a new ranged class at least make it an archer-hybrid-something. That means, not entirely ranged, but ranged optionally and a bow fits more than guns intot his game. But i hope the class they are currently working on uses spears (as in fighting, not throwing). 

Other than that: No. No *cricket*ing healing class. Never. Omg, why do people try to destroy this game so badly lol. Gtfo with your heals, this is one of the only games where pve isnt a cakewalk (even tho, we dont have much of this kind of content now). 

you say that. and yet enemies, allies, all use guns.

you can pick up rifles and use them.

you can throw gunpowder bombs.

so guns actually fit. (as they are essentially like warlock's auto attack)

and gun animations are in game.  but not bows.

4 hours ago, qpoljanan said:

It's a bad idea. Why? Because you'll have bots using gunslingers running around. 

as opposed to bots spamming any other class like oh...idk....  warlock with its gun like auto attack.

i fail to see the difference between warlocks auto attack and a rifle's auto attack.

3 minutes ago, Tomoko said:

as opposed to bots spamming any other class like oh...idk....  warlock with its gun like auto attack.

i fail to see the difference between warlocks auto attack and a rifle's auto attack.

Because gunners/gunslingers/cannonneers and bots never should be mixed together in an MMO.  

Unless they tweak its skills, a mostly ranged class with great range and a botting program will spell doom to any game. 

Aura Kingdom, Granado Espada, Aika Online, Elsword, you name it. 

4 minutes ago, Tomoko said:

you say that. and yet enemies, allies, all use guns.

you can pick up rifles and use them.

you can throw gunpowder bombs.

so guns actually fit. (as they are essentially like warlock's auto attack)

and gun animations are in game.  but not bows.

Of course the trash uses it. Are they using martial arts? No. 

Bombs are a one time use. Why not use it. That's not even the same topic. I dont have anything against using these weapons for a short amount of time. Even the most badass martial artist would pick up a bomb and use it if it gives him an advantage, but it's debatable whether or not a class that only throws bombs/shoots at people has anything to do with martial arts.

It's my opinion and yu might disagree with it but in the end the developers decide anyway. 

"But now bows". 

- It's not like i'd prefer them much but..  Lol? There are archer npc's. There is Huren. There is the hybrid/archer guy in the wolf people cave. There even is an archer-class/person dude in the tower of mushin you can fight with or against. If we exclude poheran (i'd assume the play style would vary greatly since she uses a gatling) the only thing rifles got is like.. the left mouse button of smth. So if we go by this, an archer would be less work. Not that it matters tho, i dont know why you started this anyway.

17 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Of course the trash uses it. Are they using martial arts? No. 

Bombs are a one time use. Why not use it. That's not even the same topic. I dont have anything against using these weapons for a short amount of time. Even the most badass martial artist would pick up a bomb and use it if it gives him an advantage, but it's debatable whether or not a class that only throws bombs/shoots at people has anything to do with martial arts.

It's my opinion and yu might disagree with it but in the end the developers decide anyway. 

"But now bows". 

- It's not like i'd prefer them much but..  Lol? There are archer npc's. There is Huren. There is the hybrid/archer guy in the wolf people cave. There even is an archer-class/person dude in the tower of mushin you can fight with or against. If we exclude poheran (i'd assume the play style would vary greatly since she uses a gatling) the only thing rifles got is like.. the left mouse button of smth. So if we go by this, an archer would be less work. Not that it matters tho, i dont know why you started this anyway.

ah....i really dislike when people say rifles are not included in martial arts.

for one, the rifle (or more specifically arquebus) was very much an art for assassins(or more specifically ninja) in Feudal Japan.

In the Feudal Era, when the arquebus was introduced, linemen would use it very much like the british. with lines of them firing at once.

but ninja, trained in its use differently. They could be considered some of the first snipers. When it came to assassinations with sword, dagger, poison, stealth. the Rifle is often forgotten, but it was a popular tool for ninja.  And they were devastatingly accurate with these (at the time) inaccurate guns.

Oda Nobunaga can attest to how accurate (for their time) they were. 

and who says a rifle will be long range.  the rifles we can currently use are 16m range.  same as warlock and force master.    add in a short burst skill,  some evasions,  some traps(like assassin's mine), and maybe a scorpion wire.

24 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

Because gunners/gunslingers/cannonneers and bots never should be mixed together in an MMO.  

Unless they tweak its skills, a mostly ranged class with great range and a botting program will spell doom to any game. 

Mabinogi, Guild Wars 2,   lets go for more. SWTOR(its a MMO), firefall, wildstar, skyforge, tera, The Secret World,   FFXIV, World of Warcraft, Inspirit.

in short, rifles are not the doom of games.    bots will farm as easily with warlock, or force master,   as they will with a rifle.

5 minutes ago, Tomoko said:

Mabinogi, Guild Wars 2,   lets go for more. SWTOR(its a MMO), firefall, wildstar, skyforge, tera, The Secret World,   FFXIV, World of Warcraft, Inspirit.

in short, rifles are not the doom of games.    bots will farm as easily with warlock, or force master,   as they will with a rifle.

The thing is, excluding TERA, most of those games are P2P/or with very limited F2P. I'm referring to games that are alread plagued with bots. Adding a strict ranged class will only worsen the problem. 

As for the authencity of rifles (yeah rifles because Soha's gun is clearly rifled because we see her bullets spin as it would from a rifled barrel) I assume that the timeline Blade and Soul takes place is during the late 16th century where the Korean army is already adopting firearms from the Ming dynasty. 

Then again, this is the same game that has a pirate princess with a gatling gun. 

5 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

The thing is, excluding TERA, most of those games are P2P/or with very limited F2P. I'm referring to games that are alread plagued with bots. Adding a strict ranged class will only worsen the problem. 

As for the authencity of rifles (yeah rifles because Soha's gun is clearly rifled because we see her bullets spin as it would from a rifled barrel) I assume that the timeline Blade and Soul takes place is during the late 16th century where the Korean army is already adopting firearms from the Ming dynasty. 

Then again, this is the same game that has a pirate princess with a gatling gun. 

again, a rifle acts JUST like a warlock

16m range.  its skills are a variety of decoys(equivalent to the block and knockback of warlock),  traps(like assassin's landmine), and dodge evasions(like blade dancer)

and then Skills the reduce movement, or stun.  shots that add bleeding or poison and so on.

its just a warlock with a rifle skin instead of flying paper

Mabinogi is F2P.

Guild Wars 2 is F2P(but pay for expansion)

SWTOR is F2P

Firefall is F2P

Wildstar just went F2P

Skyforge is F2P (but considered P2W)

WoW is Free to lv 30.

47 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

To point out, ranged classes in Aura Kingdom were rather crap. Gunslinger, warbow, grenadier, wizard, sorcerer, none of them could hold a candle to ravager (destroyer) in PVE. PVP in that game is a joke but in all fairness the ranged classes weren't as worthless there. So they were far from being the doom of it.

2 hours ago, Vyky said:

It is ok for Tera, but in a martial art mmo? Oh nooo... Please do not follow it!!!

Bring a monk with a staff like this:

damn, that 2:20 skill is good for an ultimate attack

They're already working on a new class after Warlock. As to what that class actually is, only the devs know. But it has been confirmed that they are working on a brand new class, not a hybrid like blade dancer or soul fighter. Player speculation abounds as to what it is, A gun user? A bow user? A shield user? A spear user?

2 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

They're already working on a new class after Warlock. As to what that class actually is, only the devs know. But it has been confirmed that they are working on a brand new class, not a hybrid like blade dancer or soul fighter. Player speculation abounds as to what it is, A gun user? A bow user? A shield user? A spear user?

Likely a spear (Yari) or shield class  considering the 10th is supposed to be for Yun and Gon.

i'm placing my money on the Yari because Yun + shield =.....ehhh

while i can see Gon swinging giant long spears (with options to have a chain attached to it for a skill where you throw it at the enemy and pull them to you)

and Yun are tall enough for it.

as for Bow, i can't really see that for Gon and Yun, without the Jin.

i can actually see a rifle class for Gon and Yun, though again i'm trying to figure out why Jin wouldn't be included in that.  (if there is  rifle class, i except all 3 to have it, with lyn being....maybe to unlikely.  lyn are more a pistol race. though if they get rifle i'd be happy)

so since the next class is Gon/Yun only. I'm expecting a combination of large weapons, with elegant and agile attacks.

(personally hoping its a scythe)

I'm a bit ambivalent/indifferent at a possble rifle-wielding class, but a healing class? Abso*cricket*lutely not. This game does well to not follow a standard holy trinity formula by having all classes healing themselves in some capacity. No need to make a class having that as their focus.

Archived