Deioth

Codex ♦ Hardcore PvX - Cerulean Order

Deioth   

Dear Community,

Codex is a Hardcore PvX Guild. This means that we will constantly work on improving ourselves both as a guild and as individuals to achieve any goal we aim for. At the moment we have a very active and stable roster, hence we are not actively recruiting. We will soon have our updated requirements.

For a full version regarding Codex (much more detailed) please go to our main website's "About us" page.

Main Points:
◘ Windrest - Cerulean Order
◘ PvX - We take PvE and PvP content seriously.
◘ Not a zerg - Skill over Quantity, our recruitment and trial procedure is tough for this reason.
◘ Website + tools + TeamSpeak3 512 slots server license.
◘ Everyone can voice their opinion, and we vote on big decisions. No hierarchy where only the leader has a say in the guild.
◘ Suggestions, feedback and constructive criticism towards the guild are welcome.

What do we expect from Applicants and Trials?

♦ PvP focus = 500 AP, 50% Crit, HM5, 2'000 1v1 Rank, conversation and spar test.
♦ PvE focus = 520 AP, 53% Crit, HM6, all PvE cleared, conversation and dungeon test.
♦ PvP and PvE = 510 AP, 51.5% Crit, HM6, 1'950 1v1 Rank, all PvE cleared, conversation and both tests.
♦ Active = Play with us 5 evenings a week.
♦ Mature = Give and take constructive feedback for everyone's improvement.
♦ Motivated = Hardcore goals you want to reach.
♦ Dedicated = Constantly strive to achieve your goals.
♦ Friendly = Sense of guild camaraderie and respect others.
♦ Adaptive = Quickly learn new content.
♦ International = Understand and speak English.
♦ Communicative = Use TeamSpeak with us.

As a short introduction to our achievements:
Blade and Soul - Western First Blackwyrm kill, Western First Guild Rank 15, many more to come.
WildStar - World Second, EU First in Progression, World First in Speed and World First in Execution.
TERA - Known as one of the best PvP guild in both open world GvG and battlegrounds when we played until 2013. We also got world or region first kills in PvE.

Best regards,
Deioth

Edited by Deioth
Updated requirements

Agreed,

I will apply when you open the recruitment process again, unless I'm already settled somewhere else (I don't use to change Guild).

42 minutes ago, Caladiel said:

Sadly, you have 0 honour and respect.
You do zerg, as opposed to what you say here.

I dont think codex needs defense at all, but maybe you have experience from tera?

That was not codex as they are here or in the earlier days of tera.

In blade & soul they kill alot people and hell yeah are annoying with that, but do you blame them for playing the game?

Also i'm pretty sure if you ask an officer or a leader that they will do a fair fight with you.

56 minutes ago, Caladiel said:

Let's see...

Earlier today encountered a group ksing me during dailies.

Then in the pvp zone atleast 6 groups jump from channel to channel just now zerging through and killing all the Crimson Legionairs.

Not a zerg you say? please.

I didnt say they didnt zerg. every guild with numbers does that for sociality(being together and doing stuff together). But they can also do fair fights if thats what you are after. I was more defending their "0 honour and respect".

Deioth   

Dear Community,

It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce that Codex has achieved the Western first Guild Rank 15 (and all previous Ranks as well), this is the maximum Rank:
Byxf6_K4.jpg

I am very proud of all our guild members involved in this achievement! Congratulations! Unfortunately the Rank 15 cannot be activated now even though we meet the requirements :-)

Best regards,
Deioth

Edited by Deioth

Deioth   

Regarding the Faction PvP Zerg comments. For sure, when we fight 6 Codex v 40 Reds we don't complain but it is true that we also fight with our whole raid when we farm Blackwyrm and Terrors. Either way, we would gladly participate in even Faction fights if any guild is interested in fighting us!

Cheers,

Deioth

Edited by Deioth

Leggo   

Everyone complains when we outnumber them, but when we clear their whole 30+ people camp with a group of 5, its so quiet.    There is a channel limit currently, so if crimsons are farming a channel we are planning to farm on, of course we will try (and succeed) to wipe you. Thats what faction pvp is, stop crying and organize too. As Deioth said, looking forward for some nice Open world pvp competition.

Edited by Leggo

On 1/31/2016 at 2:28 AM, Caladiel said:

I'm not even in this guild, i just know them for a long time already, and therefore i think i can have a pretty accurate impression of them.

But i dont think this discussion with you has any value and im giving codex free bumps while with that my own guild drops away so i should stop this :P

Edited by Yaviey
removed deleted content

10 hours ago, Sophena said:

I must say this is true.

I have also played Tera and I have been a Codex member. Maybe Deioth even remembers me. I also know Konijntje and Cupcake Thunder.

It didn't work out because I was running PvE statics with my friends and I was spamming CS all day to get top 1 CS rank (which I did by leading all of the matches) and the only bad thing I can say of Codex is when we queued together to go CS they would PvP outside all of the time, both attack and deffense rounds, instead of following the tactics.
My point is, I had easier matches with 10 pugs and 4 of my friends then with 9 Codex members and 5 pugs in my team.

But I've been in PvP/GvG with them and they aren't a zerg guild at all, so if you are getting rekt don't come to their recruitment thread to complain about it.

On 1/31/2016 at 5:11 PM, Leggo said:

Everyone complains when we outnumber them, but when we clear their whole 30+ people camp with a group of 5, its so quiet.    There is a channel limit currently, so if crimsons are farming a channel we are planning to farm on, of course we will try (and succeed) to wipe you. Thats what faction pvp is, stop crying and organize too. As Deioth said, looking forward for some nice Open world pvp competition.

I wouldn't say you will certainly succeed but it is true Codex has higher chances of 5v20 and winning.
+1 to the rest tho.

Edited by Yaviey
removed deleted content

9 hours ago, Sophena said:

Well I do not know about that but you should PM instead of trying to "ruin" their recruitment thread.
This is a thread to recruit, not to post *cricket*(fake or true) about previous games. So all those posts should get deleted by an admin by OP's request and kept clean.

Edited by Yaviey
removed deleted content

Deioth   

8 hours ago, Sophena said:

Dear Sophena,

Regarding our recruitment requirement, I never once stated that they are the same right now as for our current members nor did I lie. You could have easily just asked rather than being so aggressive with your statements (I understand your plea for attention but please do it in a more civil manner). Our current roster is full, hence we are only reviewing applications which meet the requirements we will soon have within our guild. Our current requirement to stay within the guild is 1,800 and over time will keep increasing (most likely 1,900 in 3 weeks, and higher as time goes on but this remains to be decided). So yes, the requirements for Applicants and Trials are the same, considering we have no new Trials and will soon shift our ranks around (once players meet the requirements).

As a guild we are very transparent, there is nothing to hide as we are very well organized and we know other guilds like to get ideas from us - no worries there we will gladly share with anyone :-)

As such you can even see our current in-guild requirement to make sure everyone is focusing on improving their skill level, and also contributes to the guild's growth in rank (we are maxed now) and crafts: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OriCft0g3zXE59qS3nNU2qwv_LbvJaIIQYtv1kJwPKc/edit#gid=414441978

Finally, there is no favoritism in Codex. You can ask my friends that were kicked, or even my wife who was kicked from our TERA roster in the past. Unless there is a very good reason we very rarely offer a slight adjustment to the requirement (For example rather than 1,900 say 1,850 if we talk about BnS) based on many different factors - mainly class balance or recent real life issues.

Best regards,

Deioth

Edited by Yaviey
removed deleted content

8 hours ago, Sophena said:

When your match depends on random people as well, sure you gonna lose alot. i remember i won against codex plenty of times- But got our asses kicked as well often enough. the match exists out of randoms who does not listen or do what they have to, wich causes a lose most of the time. RNG to what people you get. With that, Fraywind or Corsoir's is not a good way to measure skill as a guild.

EDIT: this is funny, we are talking tera in blade & soul LOL

Edited by Yaviey
removed deleted content

Deioth   
4 hours ago, Priscatella said:
6 hours ago, Sophena said:

Don't worry half of Codex don't have plat either, it's quite sad that they have this requirement but don't make there current members to meet it. It's like one rule for one another rule for anohter :^)

I must say this is true.

I have also played Tera and I have been a Codex member. Maybe Deioth even remembers me. I also know Konijntje and Cupcake Thunder.

It didn't work out because I was running PvE statics with my friends and I was spamming CS all day to get top 1 CS rank (which I did by leading all of the matches) and the only bad thing I can say of Codex is when we queued together to go CS they would PvP outside all of the time, both attack and deffense rounds, instead of following the tactics.
My point is, I had easier matches with 10 pugs and 4 of my friends then with 9 Codex members and 5 pugs in my team.

But I've been in PvP/GvG with them and they aren't a zerg guild at all, so if you are getting rekt don't come to their recruitment thread to complain about it.

4 hours ago, Sophena said:

Even when Codex went super try hard in cs they still lost I remember fighting Deioth plenty of times in cs and putting a big hole in his guilds ego bum holey :^) was fun #TooMuchFun

To reply to these statements, first of all I know you mean well Priscatella but it isn't true that we always "prioritized PvP over objectives" (at least not when I played). We sometimes did go for PvP to prevent the enemies from breaching the gate and most of the times this succeeded (the rare times it failed was of course when a random stole the cannons from our players so we couldn't always shoot down the airships) - This lead to a new tactic (and I doubt you played with us when we used that tactic) where we would rush the cannons when defending and stay mid to neutralize any ladder + airship, while also having 2/3 of us cleaning up at the gates. You can check Bolek and Vaelys they had 100% win rate and ranked 1 very often. After that it got very boring so we never did CS competitively after we quit in 2013. The "new" Codex from 2014 was much less hardcore as the game was dying and frankly it was a nightmare to get both a strong roster for GvG while also having everyone be active and highly skilled in battlegrounds, still we managed to be rank 1 very often nonetheless (but not always, that's true).

In any case, I do agree that we didn't always take CS seriously after 2013 - battlegrounds get tedious after a thousand matches. Still, there is no way the old roster would always prioritize PvP over tactics, as we play to win so maybe you didn't play with old core members?

I'd rather not go through the whole history, but at least here are some facts. These were the last ratings screenshots I took before we left TERA, I chose them at random (if I show where we had 10 players in top 10 I agree it was very rare so no point giving the wrong impression either) - and that's when we were at our weakest. I won't go through more screenshots as there are thousands but believe me from TERA release until 2013 we were much stronger:

Gridiron (Last, and a few months before)

7uTgYcZ.png

zn5qXvd.png

Fraywind Canyon (Last, and few months before)

TihhN1v.png

5k0thPi.png

Corsairs' Stronghold (old screenshot as it was removed from PvP Crusade later on)

xpvE99J.png

All in all, much love from Codex TERA

ZP3QD2e.png

Cheers,

Deioth

Edited by Deioth

Deioth   
5 minutes ago, Sophena said:

Hey, is this after you absorbed the whole game because there was no other guilds around. The names on them lists wasn't really a part of Codex from reliable sources I have gathered. But then again this game had the biggest guild hoppers in the game. But it's also nice too see you killing some dargon everyday Kappa.

Good luck with youre recruitment I've had my fun. 

From TERA release until 2013 we started our roster from 3 players ... it is true though that from the "new" late 2014 Codex there were maybe only 10 old core members and the rest came from other guilds - as I said:

" The "new" Codex from late 2014 was much less hardcore as the game was dying and frankly it was a nightmare to get both a strong roster for GvG while also having everyone be active and highly skilled in battlegrounds, still we managed to be rank 1 very often nonetheless (but not always, that's true). "

Cheers,

Deioth

Edited by Deioth

Brainy   

I don't mean to be offensive, but I'm going to pick a bit on your requirements.

How come you need platinum rating for new members while many of your current members don't have it ? As an "outsider", this seems rather funny and kind of makes your credibility wither. 

I'm just sorry for your non-platinum members who have to bear this shame.

1 hour ago, Brainy said:

I don't mean to be offensive, but I'm going to pick a bit on your requirements.

How come you need platinum rating for new members while many of your current members don't have it ? As an "outsider", this seems rather funny and kind of makes your credibility wither. 

I'm just sorry for your non-platinum members who have to bear this shame.

This was already explained..... 

Brainy   

I had to read everything again.

Apparently I missed the part where it says that people who get below 1800 rating (and 1900 in the future) will be kicked. Now I'm even more baffled.

I find it hard to imagine how people who make friends in a guild will get kicked just like that.

Well, I guess it's not my business, so I'm going to take my leave.

Good luck with the recruiting.

P.S. Konijntje, you should let Codex answer these kind of posts.

Xyloid   
On 2/1/2016 at 9:49 PM, Deioth said:

To reply to these statements, first of all I know you mean well Priscatella but it isn't true that we always "prioritized PvP over objectives" (at least not when I played). We sometimes did go for PvP to prevent the enemies from breaching the gate and most of the times this succeeded (the rare times it failed was of course when a random stole the cannons from our players so we couldn't always shoot down the airships) - This lead to a new tactic (and I doubt you played with us when we used that tactic) where we would rush the cannons when defending and stay mid to neutralize any ladder + airship, while also having 2/3 of us cleaning up at the gates. You can check Bolek and Vaelys they had 100% win rate and ranked 1 very often. After that it got very boring so we never did CS competitively after we quit in 2013. The "new" Codex from 2014 was much less hardcore as the game was dying and frankly it was a nightmare to get both a strong roster for GvG while also having everyone be active and highly skilled in battlegrounds, still we managed to be rank 1 very often nonetheless (but not always, that's true).

In any case, I do agree that we didn't always take CS seriously after 2013 - battlegrounds get tedious after a thousand matches. Still, there is no way the old roster would always prioritize PvP over tactics, as we play to win so maybe you didn't play with old core members?

I'd rather not go through the whole history, but at least here are some facts. These were the last ratings screenshots I took before we left TERA, I chose them at random (if I show where we had 10 players in top 10 I agree it was very rare so no point giving the wrong impression either) - and that's when we were at our weakest. I won't go through more screenshots as there are thousands but believe me from TERA release until 2013 we were much stronger:

Gridiron (Last, and a few months before)

7uTgYcZ.png

zn5qXvd.png

Fraywind Canyon (Last, and few months before)

TihhN1v.png

5k0thPi.png

Corsairs' Stronghold (old screenshot as it was removed from PvP Crusade later on)

xpvE99J.png

All in all, much love from Codex TERA

ZP3QD2e.png

Cheers,

Deioth

if i post pictures of me being rank 1 in all warrior vaults and guild having all rank 1 and 2 scores in sch/brh in the last 6 months, i get in instantly right? ;^)

Edited by Xyloid

Deioth   
4 hours ago, Xyloid said:

if i post pictures of me being rank 1 in all warrior vaults and guild having all rank 1 and 2 scores in sch/brh in the last 6 months, i get in instantly right? ;^)

If you meet the requirements for BnS we can check your application. However PvE ranks mean nothing from TERA sorry.