Windows error when trying to install (bns_lite) error 1632

joeyroo

---------------------------
Feature transfer error
Error: -1632  The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder.

OK   

this is the error I get when I try to install this. I have tried everything, making sure I have permissions to BOTH temp folders, using all kinds of cleaners, using chkdsk, deleting everything inside of both folders, fixing reg errors resetting all permissions, and got rid of any suspicious applications through avira, and even at one point uninstalled it to make sure that wasn't the problem and I tried to find a system restore point, I am seriously on the brink of giving up here, I've clicked every link on google, nothing seems to help. I appreciate any assistance

4 hours ago, joeyroo said:

Feature transfer error
Error: -1632  The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder.

OK   

this is the error I get when I try to install this. I have tried everything, making sure I have permissions to BOTH temp folders, using all kinds of cleaners, using chkdsk, deleting everything inside of both folders, fixing reg errors resetting all permissions, and got rid of any suspicious applications through avira, and even at one point uninstalled it to make sure that wasn't the problem and I tried to find a system restore point, I am seriously on the brink of giving up here, I've clicked every link on google, nothing seems to help. I appreciate any assistance

I don't know if this will help or not,
1- Download NCSoft and NCWest folders Here.
2- Extract the RAR to get the folders.
3- Put them in [C:\ > Program Files (x86)].
4- Download BnS shortcut from here and place it on your desktop.
5- Run the launcher through the shortcut on your desktop.

I hope this would work..

1 hour ago, Jouju said:

I don't know if this will help or not,
1- Download NCSoft and NCWest folders Here.
2- Extract the RAR to get the folders.
3- Put them in [C:\ > Program Files (x86)].
4- Download BnS shortcut from Here and place it on your desktop.
5- Run the launcher through the shortcut on your desktop.

I hope this would work..

You saved me alot of time. thanks!

I'm trying it right now I'll update this post

EDIT

when I try to open the launcher I get this

NCSOFT Launcher
[Launcher error] An error has occurred.
Please restart the launcher. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.

E03001

OK   

I think its because I dont have a game for the launcher yet?.. ah well thank you anyways

24 minutes ago, joeyroo said:

I'm trying it right now I'll update this post

EDIT

when I try to open the launcher I get this

NCSOFT Launcher
[Launcher error] An error has occurred.
Please restart the launcher. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.

E03001

OK   

I think its because I dont have a game for the launcher yet?.. ah well thank you anyways

You MUST run the game through the launcher on the desktop..

11 hours ago, DeadhearT said:

do i need to install the 8.5gb again ? o.O

This method is not meant for anyone who has already downloaded the game with a slow connection..
Instead, you can move the "$Patch$" folder from your old BnS folder, do the steps above and place "$Patch$" folder again in the new BnS folder and start the launcher..

• 11 months later...

I know this post is quite old but I just wanted to say to the person who posted this solution that you are amazing. I was having a similar error to the person you helped and I tried for days to fix it and nothing worked until I found this. So if you see this Thank You Jouju!!!!!!!!!!

Archived