Force master matchup help

DonkeyKnifer

Hi, I'm playing FM in EU 45 patch and generally jumping between 1600-1650 but I can't get higher. I have problems mainly with summoner, destroyer and blade dancer.

• Summoner, they spec improved return on cat so it can't be CCed and I die in 1-2 successful cat grapple + flower combo. It's very hard to outdps them even if I alter my spec a bit. I usually try to CC cat with 4->3 but they break it.
  • Destroyer, similar issue that it is hard to out dps because they heal a lot and their spin is immune to my stuff. I know I can break their shield with talented ice-X but they still live forever and do a lot once they get a hit.
  • Blade Dancer, this is definitely the worst. They run around and are invulnerable to ranged and break freeze easily making it very hard to start a combo. Then they just CC forever and RIP. I have absolutely no idea about this one.

Would really appreciate some help, both some spec suggestions and L2P advice.

From a Blade dancer point of view, FM are an annoying thing to fight.

But once we get your escape and SS, you are dead if we still have draw available.  Try and bait draw stance out for tab and SS and get him slowed and force him to spin and burn chi.  Just watch and count the spins for the immunity then keep at it, it will take some practice but killing us is possible.  FM is my 2nd hardest match up for me personally, i'm playing at ~1950 rating atm.

I'm still learning FM so I only know it from beating them. 

BD weakeness is being focus staved against you.

41 minutes ago, Xhisors said:

From a Blade dancer point of view, FM are an annoying thing to fight.

But once we get your escape and SS, you are dead if we still have draw available.  Try and bait draw stance out for tab and SS and get him slowed and force him to spin and burn chi.  Just watch and count the spins for the immunity then keep at it, it will take some practice but killing us is possible.  FM is my 2nd hardest match up for me personally, i'm playing at ~1950 rating atm.

I'm still learning FM so I only know it from beating them. 

BD weakeness is being focus staved against you.

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I'll definately try to keep that in mind, especially saving TAB for his draw stance. Now I just need to figure out how to avoid them just running in. Mostly it feels like the match isn't mine to control and I play reactive mostly. I will have to figure out how to gain momentum but it feels like the spin and spell immunity stops it :/. I'll keep practising, thanks!

Archived