Forums

Vreezi's Diamond assassin stream!

Vreezi

First of all, I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this.

Updated as of Feb 9/10: Now hit diamond! :D Probably wont be going too hard when ranks reset, as I'm really not looking forward to the new balance patch, but happy to educate people on playing Assassin or just PvP in general. Come check it out!

I plan on streaming regularly from now on as well, so drop a follow if you want to see more arena gameplay!

Stream is at http://www.twitch.tv/pvtarea - hope to see you soon!

1 hour ago, Jappy said:

guides pls? :D

Maybe eventually, though I honestly don't think I'm good enough or know enough to make a guide that would be better or more in depth than Vile's guides on youtube. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them though :)

8 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Oh pv we talked a few days ago during Jae's stream I think. Nice to see you're plat already ;p I'd expect nothing less though! haha

Yeah, I remember! Good to see you around as well man haha. Looking forward to seeing you up there with me ;)

4 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

Watched your stream last night before your friend dipped on 3s. Was pretty entertaining to see how well you guys coordinated.

Haha we kinda make an attempt at teamwork, but it usually just ends up in yelling garbage and derping out. Glad you liked watching though! ^^

Also, I'm streaming right now again if anyone is interested! Plan on doing some spars, maybe some 3s, and probably finally getting to level 45 after all this time lol

2 minutes ago, Vreezi said:

Haha we kinda make an attempt at teamwork, but it usually just ends up in yelling garbage and derping out. Glad you liked watching though! ^^

Also, I'm streaming right now again if anyone is interested! Plan on doing some spars, maybe some 3s, and probably finally getting to level 45 after all this time lol

I actually had no interest in 3s prior to seeing you play. Hopped on last night after I got off work and ran 3s with a friend, was a nice change from 1v1. Is there a hoykey for swaps? I think you were asking about it on your stream but I wasn't able to find where to bind one.

Edit: Nevermind figured it out. its the ` next to your 1 key.

Just now, Nachtdrache said:

I actually had no interest in 3s prior to seeing you play. Hopped on last night after I got off work and ran 3s with a friend, was a nice change from 1v1. Is there a hoykey for swaps? I think you were asking about it on your stream but I wasn't able to find where to bind one.

There actually is one for swapping out (tilde: the ~ and ` button on your keyboard). I don't think you can rebind it and I also dont think there is a hotkey for interferes, sadly. Hope they add that soon cause it's pretty *cricket*ing annoying.

1 hour ago, Vreezi said:

So today I learned pressing the 8 key is an exploit and sin takes no skill. Learn something new every day!

I know right? Maybe Manta can learn us what is a class that truely requires skill since he's apparently the end all be all authority on the game!

I have watched ur twitch yesterday and have to say that damn u are good pvp player..... But few question here want to ask u that did u find someway to deal with summoner? the only class i have really really bad time as a assassin. Not only because of their pet which can cancel our combo but also for the DoT ( Doom 'n' Bloom) skill

That skill is soo annoying that can reveal us from steath and make my ''decoy'' soo useless in that time. If i decide to CC their pet and go for the summoner but as a decent --> good summoner who have any ideal what my assassin can do and their pet can wake up, there is no way they gonna fight along far away from their pet.

If i decide to blind summoner and go for the pet i have to kill that pet in like 5s-10s which is ridiculous short time which i cant make it. Once summoner got out of the blind they will absolutely heal the pet, make them immune and call them back. 

Eveytime im gonna face some summoner it make me feel like ''fking it lets leave this match now and dont care about rating ''

Ps! sry for another question, how did u used the lotus and decoy while u flying?? i saw u used it on channel and tried but couldn't get it ^^

3 hours ago, NiiaZa said:

I have watched ur twitch yesterday and have to say that damn u are good pvp player..... But few question here want to ask u that did u find someway to deal with summoner? the only class i have really really bad time as a assassin. Not only because of their pet which can cancel our combo but also for the DoT ( Doom 'n' Bloom) skill

That skill is soo annoying that can reveal us from steath and make my ''decoy'' soo useless in that time. If i decide to CC their pet and go for the summoner but as a decent --> good summoner who have any ideal what my assassin can do and their pet can wake up, there is no way they gonna fight along far away from their pet.

If i decide to blind summoner and go for the pet i have to kill that pet in like 5s-10s which is ridiculous short time which i cant make it. Once summoner got out of the blind they will absolutely heal the pet, make them immune and call them back. 

Eveytime im gonna face some summoner it make me feel like ''fking it lets leave this match now and dont care about rating ''

Ps! sry for another question, how did u used the lotus and decoy while u flying?? i saw u used it on channel and tried but couldn't get it ^^

First of all thanks for tuning in and for the compliments! ^^

As far as summoner goes, honestly i don't have a concrete way to beat them yet. The discrepancy of skill to power ratio between assassin and summoner in this matchup is honestly *cricket*ing retarded (ie: scummoner dank freelo farm). The only times I win are when I'm playing out of my *cricket*ing mind AND if the summoner manages to *cricket* up super hard somehow. 

That being said, it isn't impossible. Spec your c for 3 points, spec 2 points into q for left step, and spec 3 points into smokebomb for heal. These are the main abilities that will let you buy time while the summoner has the flower reveal on your back. They give you tons of healing, resist, and time to stall until it's over. Also, a huge tip I wish I knew sooner is that the flower thing goes away if the summoner drops targeting. This means that whenever you get it on you, you can either flower the *cricket* away or use ss + bolt step to bye felicia.

Also, if you can, try to tab switch the pet away, stealth, then use your 1 skill to sleep the cat for 30 seconds. Then, as long as you don't hit it, you will have 30 seconds to wail on the summoner. Air-webbing the cat or summoner also helps a lot to buy a bit of time, but webbing the cat is preferable because if you web the summoner the cat can just get a free pin because *cricket* you and your skill based combat.

Vile makes some amazing guides on youtube, and he made one for summoner recently. It gives tons of helpful tips and he gives you a cool build to play against them which I have yet to try out, but it seems legit af. Check him out, hes the sin senpai.

For your second question, I honestly have no idea what you're asking. Sorry XD if you can rephrase or something I might be able to help.

Oops, I just realized what you were asking about the flower while flying. The most optimal opener you can do against most opponents is where you place your flower, then block, then RMB to stealth all while gliding. To do this, start the match by sprinting, jumping up, gliding, then press space to stop gliding and fall, press v (flower), then space again to keep gliding, then space, 2 (counter), space, RMB into stealth.

To put it simply, buttons it would be jump>space>v>space>space>2>space>RMB.

I would try practicing this on mobs before doing it in pvp, it takes some practice to pull off consistently. Hope this helps!

Btw, starting my stream right now so tune in if you want :)

After bouncing back and forth from Plat over the past few days and overcoming the salt, I finally managed to get up to around 1975~ rating. Hoping to hit 2k today and going to start streaming now, come join if you either hate summoners, are salty af, or want to learn something new ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2016 at 10:59 AM, Vreezi said:

There actually is one for swapping out (tilde: the ~ and ` button on your keyboard). I don't think you can rebind it and I also dont think there is a hotkey for interferes, sadly. Hope they add that soon cause it's pretty *cricket*ing annoying.

the hotkey for swap and intervene are the same, both on the tilde. i found that out running a few 3's games with the same group before reset and we spent 30 minutes looking through the hotkeys trying to find it, lol. also i think you can rebind it, unless the patch changed that. i'll probably be setting it to my mouse button tbh.

Archived