Diamond Gem Question

1lastLuck

+25 Attack gives 25 to your Attack stat, like the one you get from weapon. It is the most desirable stat in the game, it is always better than enything else, since you can only get it from your weapon, Diamond Gem, and a few from accessories.

+25 Additional damage is 25 damage with each attack you make. Nearly worthless.

Always go for the attack stat. +Attack Diamonds worth much $$$

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an error in the current pentagonal diamond gem? It says 'additional damage 25'. When I equip it, my attack power does not increase at all.

I simply cannot believe a pentagonal grade gem gives this kind of stat!

kmcHIxE.jpg

27 minutes ago, LuvYuna said:

Is there an error in the current pentagonal diamond gem? It says 'additional damage 25'. When I equip it, my attack power does not increase at all.

kmcHIxE.jpg

Because 25 additional damage =/= 25 attack power. +25 Additional Damage just increases whatever damage you do +25 which makes those gems practically worthless. You're looking for the +Attack Power diamonds.

30 minutes ago, LuvYuna said:

kmcHIxE.jpg

I hope you didn't buy that cause it's a waste.

Additional damage is added after an attack on top of the damage. Attack power is added before and is used as the basis of how much damage you can theoretically do.

Basically additional damage is flat and attk power is scaling.

Haha I know what it is. I'm a veteran player in CN version. There's no such gem in the CN version. How can a sparkling grade + pentagonal grade gem give only +25 damage???

This stat boost is inferior to even the normal grade triangular gems of any other colour! Diamond gems are known in the KR, CN, and TW versions to ONLY give plus attack. Since when did they give this sort of pointless stat? My question is whether there is a glitch, or are there actual + attack diamond gems I have not seen around?

It's not worthless. Assume your main damage rotation is an anicancel with average skill damage multiplier of ~4, plus ~150% multiplier from criticals,  it's equivalent to about an Attack Power 4 effect. You can use it on an alt for leveling I guess.

Take into consideration:

It does not simply add 25 additional damage to each attack...its all boosted by other factors and percentages and that is added to the attack damage and not just 25 flat.

There are a few skills / classes which benefit way more from the 25 additional damage than from 25 power.

Hepta/Octa diamonds will add more +damage than +attack but our current ones always give an equal amount.

There are only a few skills with a modifier of less than 100% attack (LBM skill usually has 120%) so in most cases the +damage gem is close to useless. Also keep in mind that +damage is added to the overall skill damage at the end so a 5 hit skill will get +5 damge per hit with a +25 damage gem. (yes it just adds 25 damage to each skill use. I'm not sure if the +damage is taken into account on a crit but +attack will be)

Usually +damge gems are much cheaper than +attack and can be a good alternative to the red +damge gem because this will trigger with about 5% while the diamond triggers on every attack. But you can't use more than one diamond so if you can afford a better one, don't use +damage.

Archived