Forums

Defeat summoner as a BD?

Lexter

I not screaming, i just trying to figure out. Some ppl saing deal with cat first. It is not simple (in this situation i fighting with two players). So i trying sleep the cat and kick the summoner to heaven. But summonet just as i see, have ability to weak up cat. Maybe iam just bad against summoners, but what is your strategy?

Summoners are easily the class I have the most trouble with on my BD. Learning their skills that prevent CC and resist damage are going to be your starting point. Once they use CD's, Draw stance and ani cancel them until they explode. You also want to save your tab for when the cat pins you for 4 seconds. If that happens, it's pretty much over for you as summoners can do 1/2 - 3/4 of your HP in that 1 CC.

Going down the left side of the Vortex tree is going to be your best bet to get Maelstrom. The spin breaks roots, reduces damage, increases movement speed and maelstrom will help you negate some damage and CC.

58 minutes ago, Pasify said:

Summoners are easily the class I have the most trouble with on my BD. Learning their skills that prevent CC and resist damage are going to be your starting point. Once they use CD's, Draw stance and ani cancel them until they explode. You also want to save your tab for when the cat pins you for 4 seconds. If that happens, it's pretty much over for you as summoners can do 1/2 - 3/4 of your HP in that 1 CC.

Going down the left side of the Vortex tree is going to be your best bet to get Maelstrom. The spin breaks roots, reduces damage, increases movement speed and maelstrom will help you negate some damage and CC.

Pretty much this,

Though I have found that going full beast mode on the pet and killing it has worked so far for me.  I don't take left side tree as I save that to parry the SMN while i'm destorying the pet.  Even if you only have 10-15% health and the pet is dead you still have an extremely high chance of winning if you play safe.

Key things that I do - Make sure I get double knock ups with 5 point strike - use RB for double knockdown from arial for more CC - Grip pet into this combo: F -> 2 ->RB -> LB x2 -> steal chi -> slam to the ground > draw stance > kill

Its good to use your barrier before you grip as by the time the pet gets back out of CC it will be up again.  don't be afraid to knock the SMN in the air before you draw on the pet. (would use trip on it to get the dmg bonus)

Its a double edge sword because if you don't watch the SMN and what they are doing and forget to CC while you kill pet you lose.  Beating a summoner as BD is a race no matter what you do though... But its worked for me so far and I haven't lost to a SMN yet.  Chose whichever method you find works for you and play with talents and stuff! :)

A few hours ago I fought a level 20? or 25? SMN on my BD and I completely obliterated her. It was my first time trying out pvp in this game. 

I'm specced into vortex spin that parries attacks. I focused the cat first. Ani canceling spin with my LMB so I can spin to parry the SMN's attacks while I dish out damage to the cat. I also made sure I use Guardian Tempest - Specced into 5 Resists instead of 1. The cat died pretty quickly. The only problem is when the cat jumped on me. I don't have my Tab setup to break out of everything since I'm only level 31. Anyways, It was pretty easily to kill her. She was probably just learning how to play her class so I'm not trying to brag or anything, just sharing what happened to me. 

Having Vortex specced into the Parry is a must for BD. It helps for negating SMN roots as well and can keep you safe. Also, you should take the 10% heal on Guardian Tempest.

Spin to win is how I play usually. The daze effect that the parry offers is powerful. If you can pull it off, you can effectively keep someone CC locked almost the entire match as a BD. I've been able to pull it off somewhat. If you're low on health, use Double Strike to regain some health while they're CC'd.

Make sure you change Rush -> Raid. Stun allows you to make them go into the air. Do combos... I would suggest grabbing the Stomp 2nd tier middle perk, which turns stomp into a powerful lightning stab. After they land from combos, pop your stomp, then use your kick to knock them down again, stomp again. Then I would spin or dash back in case of CC. 

This seems all over the place but yeah I hope this helps you maybe? :P

Guys, thank you! Now i defeated gold summoner as silver ranked. Strategy is simple. Keep cat sleep and far away from me. :) Yes, it is more difficult then just say, but i finnaly do it!

Of course, I used your advice. Good, it was amazing :).

Edit: I not used spin :).

Archived