Unplayable. Please help!

Hey Guys and Girls,

as the title says obviously the Game at its current state is nearly unplayable for me.
Let me show u my spec first before u tell me ive got a crap PC.

1x 1TB HDD
1x 128GB SSD (Game is installed here)
CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz
GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo
Mainboard: Z77 Performance Fatality

RAM: 12GB 1333Ghz

Oh and i play on 1080p 

So the problem is the following: I run arround the world questing alone maintaining about 90-110 FPS average all fine and good GPU usage is about 70-80% CPU at about 60%.
However when i go into cities i dip to 20-30 FPS @ 40% GPU usage!!!!

And now the worst part: Entering a 6 man dungeon equals in 5-15 FPS while in combat at also very low GPU usage of 30-40%
And i actually dont even wanna talk about bosses like Blackwyrm where 50 players and more are casting all their spells and stuff. ---> 5-10 FPS with constant freezes of 2 and more seconds.

AND YES i have tried Strg+F ---> no effect at all FPS stays the same.
And i also tried Strg+X to disable UI ---> no effect as well.

What i tried also:

Reinstalling drivers: no effect.

Tweaking graphics ingame and via NVIDA panel: no effect at all. same FPS at 800x600 on lowest graphics.

Forcing true fullscreen via Alt+Enter: no effect on FPS but game looks blurry.
Setting priority of .exe to high: little effect about 5 fps in cities but no effect in combat.
Trying to force profiles via NVIDIA Inspector (even tried deleting): no effect at all!

No clue what to do.

Hey, I can't help but I spent most of yesterday attempting to figure out what was wrong also, I've seen streamers with 120 fps no problem, and my friends with much worse computers playing on low with +60fps, however these my are FPS Results below. 

This game is apparently poorly optimized for newer cards..? I'm not an expert I wouldn't know how that would work, but if the game isn't taking advantage of my GPU either, running at 30-40% Load, while only taking 15-20% CPU. 

My Specifications:

(Copy paste of your template)

1x 250GB SSD (Game Installed on here)
CPU: i7 980X 3.3GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 970
Mainboard: X58 Classified Edition

RAM: 16GB 1866MHz

Highest Settings: 29-35 fps Idling, 20-29 Playing 

Lowest settings :  45-55 fps Idling, 35-50 Playing

As there is an improvement, but it is slightly anything, I even began to think my CPU was bottle-necking my FPS, so I ended up OC'ing my CPU to 4GHz; this had no effect.

Basically I've given up, I have basically done exactly what you have done, I've read people changing settings in the nvidia control panel, and apparently their FPS just skyrocketed, I was hoping it would work for me but I had no change at all. 

There is on thing in common running for us, which is the GTX970 could be a problem...? Probably not but that is our main similarity.

Hopefully someone who knows their stuff could come give us a hand and give us some answers/solutions.

On 25/1/2016 at 11:06 PM, RobbaSupertramp said:

Hey Guys and Girls,

as the title says obviously the Game at its current state is nearly unplayable for me.
Let me show u my spec first before u tell me ive got a crap PC.

1x 1TB HDD
1x 128GB SSD (Game is installed here)
CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz
GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo
Mainboard: Z77 Performance Fatality

RAM: 12GB 1333Ghz

Oh and i play on 1080p 

So the problem is the following: I run arround the world questing alone maintaining about 90-110 FPS average all fine and good GPU usage is about 70-80% CPU at about 60%.
However when i go into cities i dip to 20-30 FPS @ 40% GPU usage!!!!

And now the worst part: Entering a 6 man dungeon equals in 5-15 FPS while in combat at also very low GPU usage of 30-40%
And i actually dont even wanna talk about bosses like Blackwyrm where 50 players and more are casting all their spells and stuff. ---> 5-10 FPS with constant freezes of 2 and more seconds.

AND YES i have tried Strg+F ---> no effect at all FPS stays the same.
And i also tried Strg+X to disable UI ---> no effect as well.

What i tried also:

Reinstalling drivers: no effect.

Tweaking graphics ingame and via NVIDA panel: no effect at all. same FPS at 800x600 on lowest graphics.

Forcing true fullscreen via Alt+Enter: no effect on FPS but game looks blurry.
Setting priority of .exe to high: little effect about 5 fps in cities but no effect in combat.
Trying to force profiles via NVIDIA Inspector (even tried deleting): no effect at all!

No clue what to do.

A really fast fix that worked for me was to turn Shadows a bit down :)

this game is mainly CPU based, gpu's dont really help on the fps. my only advice is set nvidia control panel to max performance, take off shadows ingame , take off backgrounds and use combat optimisation feature  if u actually wanna pvp decently.

u dont understand me.. i stated already that i have the SAME low fps ( 5-15 fps ) when i play on 800x600 resolution and EVERYTHING on LOW settings..... it makes no difference i have literally the SAME fps. no change at all here is a picture of my GPU usage when a bossfight starts so u will understand

the GPU usage goes down from 70-100% to 5-15% when the bossfight starts and thats the point when my FPS start to drop obviously. and NO the card is not broken i can play EVERY other game on ultra settings with well above 60 FPS average....

GPUAuslastung.png

Archived