Dungeons and zones loading slow on SSD? Anyone else?

Munchiez

Hey guys, I just bought a new 120GB SSD and I have windows and the game installed on it. This is my first SSD, so not knowing exactly what to expect yet. Windows and other applications seem to load really fast, but when it comes to Blade and Soul, I can't say the same. Whenever I am loading into a zone or a dungeon, I am usually always the last person to load in. Are dungeon and zone times scaled off of your SSD load times in games? Or does it have to do with internet connection? Or both? I have a 50mbs connection, so it's not really that slow.

Anyone else experiencing long load times, too?

I first installed it on my hdd, loading times in portals and to enter the game/teleport, was ok. but i free`d up some space and on my ssd to see if it got any faster.

well... portal load is about 0.3 sec faster, almost instant, it`s noticable, but it isnt a big deal, game boots a little faster, same with the login thingy befor game start.

I`m sure the connection have anything to do about it, i have 100/100 mbps, both our connections is more then enough.

I might be on dark waters here, but i think newer games are more "optimized" for ssd use, this is an "old" game, and i have noticed by playing older games, that it really isnt much difference between hdd and ssd. 

If there is a bottleneck slowing down your load times between areas I'd suspect the SSD last. I suppose the real question is did the SSD make things slower or are you just not impressed by the difference in-game? Chances are the SSD is plenty fast but some other piece of hardware is holding it back (CPU, GPU, RAM).

21 hours ago, KrystalHazard said:

If there is a bottleneck slowing down your load times between areas I'd suspect the SSD last. I suppose the real question is did the SSD make things slower or are you just not impressed by the difference in-game? Chances are the SSD is plenty fast but some other piece of hardware is holding it back (CPU, GPU, RAM).

I was just under the impression that SSD's are supposed to load faster, but here I am the last one loading into dungeons when everyone enters at practically the same time. I dunno what else it could be. I have a 4.2ghz quad core processor and I just bought a new GTX 960 4GB SSC, so I doubt it has anything to do with these things. I also have 16GB of RAM. 

Archived