A Warning To Good Players

LiquidValium

I understand that items are to be bid on and that's completely fine. But after being in a dungeon 15 times and having your weapon finally  drop is absurd enough. But when you are the only one of your class and you've made clear that you needed it, and people still bid on it simply to get money is ridiculous. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Victorion said:

dmoe is right, don´t namedrop or make personal attacks.

At the moment there´s only the alternative to do dungeons with people you trust.

He hasn't personally attacked anyone in his post, but he has identified them which might be against the TOS. It's actually kind of shocking you guys jumped to support bad/toxic behaviour so quickly.

first of all 15 times is not even remotely big number in this game so live with it.

Second thing never say anything about wanting something in pugs. Keep quiet and play the game. When ever item drops dont instantly bid for item just wait bit and when ever theres few seconds left bid if you want to. This is just alone to make sure you wont over bid for trolls which is part of game and completely fine and just to look like you might want it or not want it.

Third most effective way to avoid these is to let them loose money. I've done more than enought times it when i see someone just making bids goe higher so ill do the same to him and make him to loose all the money.

11 hours ago, LiquidValium said:

I understand that items are to be bid on and that's completely fine. But after being in a dungeon 15 times and having your weapon finally  drop is absurd enough. But when you are the only one of your class and you've made clear that you needed it, and people still bid on it simply to get money is ridiculous. 

You obviously dont understand, or you wouldnt be cry/raging and posting here.

7 minutes ago, Andvarinaut said:

Thats how the game works. if they needed the money.. and you needed the equipment, bid it out. He won? Then too bad. Dont sulk, you can do it again (the dungeon) anyway

The point is lack of sportsmanship and comradarie.

I certainly agree with the OP that it´s abusing a situation. It´s like stepping on a person who is already lying down. Those types of people usually have very little friends, and are entirely focused on their own needs - not being able to see what they may enjoy by having good friends.

In a game like BnS, I suspect a good network of friends and clan-members play a big role - much bigger than a not so unique item.

I try to remember to study what i need and can get from dungeon, then check the AH prices how they go and when drop happens i can bid somewhere near to what cheapest sells in AH or try well about lower bid at first, that will drop buggers or perhaps someone wants it more, then i can either out bid get the money and try again.

Although i am wondering what good are those weapon boxes from dungeons? Other than Evolve/breakthrough wep boxes, should i just destroy em, since it takes an key to open em and mostly they goes only about 1silverish in AH and keys cost about 4silvers.

3 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

We understand your frustration but we can't allow players to name and shame each other on the forums.

If you understand the frustration, maybe You have talked about that? :3
Would really like it changed for a bit, but for me the biggest issue is the crashing. Lock6, do you have any ideas how this betting system could be improved? :)

18 minutes ago, Ernestasx said:

If you understand the frustration, maybe You have talked about that? :3
Would really like it changed for a bit, but for me the biggest issue is the crashing. Lock6, do you have any ideas how this betting system could be improved? :)

Again, the best option is to just do dungeons with friends or clan members you can trust. Solo, if you can :)

I agree with the OP this system can make a nice pug party in to players who doesn't care for each other, from a team that coordinated in order to fight the boss the party is fighting each other to get the item they need. It is easy to know if someone need an item or not all one need to do is inspect see his/hers weapon.

I can't understand why the game can't use a simple dice roll, or creating a system where no one will earn the money team mates bid, it should be a money sink if using the current system.

6 minutes ago, Victorion said:

maybe an option would be that if a class specific item was dropped, you would only be legible to bid if you were in that class. That would minimize the problem a bit.

Great idea! That would minimise the problem by a lot :)

To be honest the whole system needs an overhaul.

Yesterday I was thinking how you could "cheat" the system.

Example :

1 weapon drops - worth 1 copper.

1 player solo

= 1 copper

6 players

=

a) 6 x 1 copper (if nobody bids on it)

b) (-1) + 5 copper, if a single player bids the minimum on it

c) bidding war

So in the scenario where you have a party, you can get more money from drops if you consider the total income from party.

This leads me to believe the drop system is flawed, and any item should at least be worth 6 coppers. Which wouldn´t hurt the lower levels that struggle to buy anythin from an NPC and the higher lvls won´t be much affected, as they are rewarded in silvers and gold for each dungeon and quest.

To combat the inflation on higher levels, I would think it would be fair to intruduce a money sink, where players could i.e. buy 30/60/90/120 minutes buffs at an npc. That could be increased stats, xp gain or other enjoyable temporary buffs. Perhaps even stackable.

why ppl still waste money on "others" purple weapons is beyond me at most u can sell it for 10c or use it to upgrade your weapon and thats pointless since weapon drops are so common that u have enough drops to upgrade 10 weapons ....if ppl bid non stop let them bid more and more they are just wasting their money , just 10 mins ago a FM outbid a BM on the weapon , he didnt even know that the money was shared after the BM told him at least i got money out of u ....now he wasted nearly all his money for 10c weapon .... lol

I don't see how this is a problem with the bidding system.  You think if they went with RNG people wouldn't roll on crap they don't need just for some marginal personal gain? 

At least with the bidding system there are potential consequences to doing this; like accidentally outbidding the other person and losing a ton of money for an item you don't need.  It's a lot riskier than just rolling on everything that drops, and if you lose no big deal. 

I had some... unsavory person... bidding on the sword I needed from Blackram Narrows for my Blade Master. He actually pushed the bid into the several silver. I ended up just dumping ALL of my money on it.

And he had the nerve to talk crap. I'm actually getting really pissed off thinking about that as I type this.

They need to make it so you can't roll on weapons like that if you can't use them.

Archived