KFM - What Does Elbow Strike Do?

SeeSawSin

Trying to get better at KFM in PVP. Currently stuck at 1650ish.  I browsed through some KFM PVP videos and saw this skill comes up sometime when VS a FM, BM, or Destroyer. 

What does this skill do?

How is this skill use?

Why is better than going down counter form 1?

And what is this attack "twin strike" or something that happens when you use it?

I think Elbow Strike is a daze ability. Open your Martial Tome (Default Keybind is K) and click the ICON tab at the top. Then just click on each of your abilities and look at each individual upgrade. By doing that, you can see what is best for your playstyle and what to use to counter other classes.

• 2 months later...

digging up old posts again :p

elbow strike replaces your counter which lowers the duration of the counter but in turn rewards  you with an extra attack , if you manage to time it right and counter the moment you are about to get attacked , you automatically land another attack after it which is Twin Cobra , extra damage for your counter but i find it a bit harder to counter after that .

51 minutes ago, Nylisa said:

digging up old posts again :p

elbow strike replaces your counter which lowers the duration of the counter but in turn rewards  you with an extra attack , if you manage to time it right and counter the moment you are about to get attacked , you automatically land another attack after it which is Twin Cobra , extra damage for your counter but i find it a bit harder to counter after that .

The main point of Elbow Strike is that it's offensive-defense. Thus, you cannot break it with defense breaking attacks, grabs and defense disables don't do jack. Most plat KFMs use it in matches vs assassins and other kfms.

It's useful vs. opponents that can turn "defense" skills into an advantage.  Like summoner cats can tackle someone who is using counter.  Using elbow strike instead will eliminate that option.

I rarely use this skill - can you cast it and get it to counter without successfully landing the damage portion?  Do you need a target?  Need more info on the mechanics because it seems like it would be less useful more often than not if my assumptions are correct.

Archived