Censored for “Questionable” Material in Western Release

uzumiknives

26 minutes ago, Asuka said:

Neither conveys anything, except things you gather from it yourself. This game isn't a fable. And even if it was, it's for grown ups. It's not part of a preschool curriculum or a tv show for kids or something.

And even if they were there for the sake of moral guidance, that is exactly what I am talking about in that post. That it shouldn't be considered. Especially when it's as non-problematic as the quest in question. And here I go again, falling into the trap of analyzing the content removed, instead of focusing on the fact of removal itself.

You do realize I'm being sarcastic right?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, even though literally nothing people complain about is about tits, you somehow needed to belittle complains and make them banal?

Even though there are pretty long posts, solidly written, that highlight the PRINCIPLES and CONCEPTS and CONTEXTS, as opposed to whinings about specific instances, you somehow got the impression of people crying over tits?

Even though majority of complaints were about the storyline, bad localization, censorship, amateur VA work, unfinished VA, dubious name changes, content changes, quests, as opposed to visual aesthetics - which remained largely the same as in the original game - you somehow felt the need to form a completely unrelated and unwarranted opinion about this thread?

Even though this thread has ten pages of well thought-out responses and posts, about things completely unrelated to sexual stimulation and such, it somehow reminded you of the notion that people in Tera like lolis or whatever?

Even though majority of comments were written constructively and with intent to be read by others and for exchange to happen, somehow you felt the need to barge in with lels and bruhs and bunchas.

I am fairly certain that you haven't read 5% of what's being discussed here, past the title.

18 minutes ago, Sife said:

Can I make my Text bigger? Cause I want to make a giant paste which says,

TERA.

LOLI NAKED ELIN MASTER RACE.

Thats what this reminds me off, A buncha crying people which are crying over tits over the internet, lelelelelelel, Anyone watches Games of Thrones? now THATS TITS Bruh.

what tits? do you even read bruh?

I would pick memorable but sometimes you feel bad quest, over PG but boring as *cricket*.

I remember the quest with the boy killed by the father I fell bad that I took hand in his death but it was memorable.

The bore quest that they changed the original in to (I'm talking about the going to check for fake Fox ears near the pond with bathing ladies) was just a boring and that worse thing a quest can be "boring" and you feel like the game just wasted your time.

I much rather have interesting quests that sometimes make me feel bad/angy or make me chuckle then boring ones designed to be none offensive to anyone. 

1 hour ago, Asuka said:

So, even though literally nothing people complain about is about tits, you somehow needed to belittle complains and make them banal?

Even though there are pretty long posts, solidly written, that highlight the PRINCIPLES and CONCEPTS and CONTEXTS, as opposed to whinings about specific instances, you somehow got the impression of people crying over tits?

Even though majority of complaints were about the storyline, bad localization, censorship, amateur VA work, unfinished VA, dubious name changes, content changes, quests, as opposed to visual aesthetics - which remained largely the same as in the original game - you somehow felt the need to form a completely unrelated and unwarranted opinion about this thread?

Even though this thread has ten pages of well thought-out responses and posts, about things completely unrelated to sexual stimulation and such, it somehow reminded you of the notion that people in Tera like lolis or whatever?

Even though majority of comments were written constructively and with intent to be read by others and for exchange to happen, somehow you felt the need to barge in with lels and bruhs and bunchas.

I am fairly certain that you haven't read 5% of what's being discussed here, past the title.

Dude. Don't feed the troll.
Follow my example and ignore uneducated posts.

I can understand where people are coming from. Realistically they should just stick to just actually translating the game and doing on the most basic of localisation where jokes make no sense at all. The reason being is simple: If you start changing significant amounts of the story or omit too much you risk breaking the narrative and things start showing up as out of place. it also leaves you with an inferior product and people nowadays want a good story with their games not bland generic crap. The one that came to mind that "scholarly path" that got changed to removed the "sexism" for example. People have checked out the original story and its actually better the way it was. Sure hes a creep but hes a creep who ultimately gets served for being a creep aka karma.  Nothing more satisfying when someone like that gets their comeuppance.

End of the day companys need to stop fearing so called Social Justice Warriors who are usually just self-opiniated time wasters. If they dont like the product they simpy dont have to buy the product end of story. if they whinge? Tell em "deal with it" and stop wasting our time. If they say the game encourages sexism etc blah blah blah theres a little thing called "personal responsibility": its not games that cause it just certain people cant have some common sense and if they do wrong its on their head and noone else. Its meant to be the "free world" not china and a few have pointed out the hypocracy of that as well!

Well, after all they had to change Chun jin Kwon name to Mu- Shin so his title became his name and made another title for him because 3 words on a name + surname my cause brain damage on poor westerners.

I cringe each time i see "Mushin the Divine Fist" since is the same as calling someone "Battler the Fighting Fighter" , "Sonic of the Sound Speed" or "Wizard The Magic Caster"

On 10.2.2016 at 8:40 PM, Canstrom said:

It's always great that the NA market will more than happily show you tons of violence and death, but how dare you bring anything sexual around.

What? I thought I just put them to sleep (with my dagger)! I didn't kill anyone!

I remember the german censored version of Half-Life where you get to fight robots instead of humans. Also "killed" civilians just sat on the floor, shaking their heads, pretending to be dazed/sleeping.

Oh, and "Mushin" is surely soon to be renamed. Because in german, the pronunciation of "Mushi" (without n) is a word for "*cricket*". I expect it to be "Heinrichs' tall building" or something like that.

Archived