Global IP blocks needed

MrFester

Alright this is getting old.  NC Soft, your security team if you have one needs to implement global IP blocks on major countries that support gold selling, such as China and Russia   Then you need to start tracking the VPN ip subnets they use and block those as well.   This is not complex.     Spending my first 10 mins of the game blocking my max number of users ( 50 ) is a bit ridiculous.  

Also, would you please stop bragging " One million players have experienced Blade & Soul in the West "  we know most of that number is RMT accounts.

1. The blocking of an entire countries IP addresses(especially china and Russia lol....) will never happen. Unless maybe its North Korea even then thats a joke. 

2. They cannot block all VPN's and the service is quite cheap. I got a year of PIA for $29.99 which I could use on 5 devices. 

In short, they will never be able to block spammers unless they introduce some chat filter based on level or something else.  

25 minutes ago, MrFester said:

Alright this is getting old.  NC Soft, your security team if you have one needs to implement global IP blocks on major countries that support gold selling, such as China and Russia   Then you need to start tracking the VPN ip subnets they use and block those as well.   This is not complex.     Spending my first 10 mins of the game blocking my max number of users ( 50 ) is a bit ridiculous.  

Also, would you please stop bragging " One million players have experienced Blade & Soul in the West "  we know most of that number is RMT accounts.

You can ip block a region but they can bypass it every easy.

Also 1 million my ass.  Real number is probably more like LESS than 500k real users.

I love how a majority of the responses insult the OP, but none of them provide any suggestions on how to fix it themselves. Instead of insulting the original idea, come up with something better and share it because right now the spammers are beyond bad.

23 minutes ago, Juggar said:

1. The blocking of an entire countries IP addresses(especially china and Russia lol....) will never happen. Unless maybe its North Korea even then thats a joke. 

2. They cannot block all VPN's and the service is quite cheap. I got a year of PIA for $29.99 which I could use on 5 devices. 

In short, they will never be able to block spammers unless they introduce some chat filter based on level or something else.  

Level chat filter is useless since its easy to level to 10 or even 20.....RMT will level the account to what is needed to spam.  Just block all shouts to accounts under 25 or something because why do you need to shout anyways at that level lol...game isnt hard. But you have to many other chats they can spam to like party finder and faction.

Just now, LiquidRev said:

I love how a majority of the responses insult the OP, but none of them provide any suggestions on how to fix it themselves. Instead of insulting the original idea, come up with something better and share it because right now the spammers are beyond bad.

I'd rather defend myself as a player than suggest a solution for a problem that doesn't concern me.

Just now, Maaha said:

I'd rather defend myself as a player than suggest a solution for a problem that doesn't concern me.

Then don't respond, and regardless it will likely concern you as it turns away new players to help grow the game or worst frustrate existing players till they leave.

Archeage is a good example of that (well they had other issues..., but gold spamming was up there).

Archived