Forums

Blade Master combos

Heresy

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the game, haven't played any recent MMOs either. I'm trying to go through the game, learning most of the stuff on my own yet I'm having trouble with the combos. Currently lvl 28, grinding mobs takes ages as I mostly stick to the basic skills: LMB - Block - RMB or X - F - LMB - LMB/RMB or sometimes Q - LMB spam - E. I know there's so many more combos I could do to nuke the mobs in a second but frankly, I can't seem to manage to find them. Would appreciate some help on this.

Don't hit me if I'm wrong, but as a lvl 39 BM, I've never had a really "burst" rotation.

Your rotation with bm is simple, you got to focus in dodging, blocking, and quickly using either draw stance for quick attacks (If possible, use the RMB from draw stance), or use air-launch and airborne attacks, or just stun and do some quick RMB in normal stance. If necessary (mostly only for bosses), use flock of blades for that strong burst skills.

But for that you need to get Blade's Call skill that is the 2nd Form 1st stage of Flock Of Blades.

Btw, If you want, I'm following this build, and so far it's working fine: http://2p.com/37025302_1/Blade-and-Soul-Class-Guide-Blade-Master-PvE-Build-by-Wei.htm

The little experience I have Vs a BM seemed like mostly setting up with block to go into counters and lock me down through stun/air skills.

I guess abuse block and counter. Be careful, I read something about other classes having unblock-able attacks.

Something I heard was pop your block, get ready for the unblock-able attack and then... iframe? Whatever that is, I don't know. Basically it sounded like bait the unblock-able attack, dodge or something, then counter with block back up and the opponent is forced to trigger. I dunno. I'm nub.

It seems to me BM is similar to Templar in Aion, although Templars can burst like a mofo there, a lot of their utility and additional stunlock comes from shield/stance. That's the way I'm choosing to look at the class, the same as BD feels more like a Glad/Sin.

1 minute ago, Glint said:

The little experience I have Vs a BM seemed like mostly setting up with block to go into counters and lock me down through stun/air skills.

I guess abuse block and counter. Be careful, I read something about other classes having unblock-able attacks.

Something I heard was pop your block, get ready for the unblock-able attack and then... iframe? Whatever that is, I don't know. Basically it sounded like bait the unblock-able attack, dodge or something, then counter with block back up and the opponent is forced to trigger. I dunno. I'm nub.

We BM's can block any frontal attack, excluding 360º aoes (that affect a whole area). However, if it comes from 1 direction, we can block it.

Our setup is really basic once you know how to play it. You got to block their dodge attacks (and if you want, normal attacks too), and use th delay they have per attack to jump on them with full power.

I for example, depending on enemy, either jump on them and imediatly toggle block (because they attack imediatly) or I do some hits or even use my shoulder charge (letter C, basic stance) to stun them and than air-launch + airborne attacks.

Also, if you got the skill 3 with points to be turned into a DPS skill instead of a knockdown, after you get down and your enemy falls from an airborne attack, you can use 3 and imediatly 4 (to go into draw stance) from some surprising damage, spam RMB in draw stance a few times, and if you see enemy is attacking, you either block or if you are sure you can "dodge" it, use Q to blink behind your enemy (you'll keep draw stance) and if he attacks again, use E to return to basic stance and also blink again back to the enemy. 

And also: Iframe = Any abillity that grants you invulnerability for a determined ammount of time. Our blink, dodge back or to the left, and airborne attacks (also 2 from both draw stance and basic stance), make you immune to damage for a limited ammount of time, so you got to time it well to dodge his attacks. You'll need some practice, so stick with blocking for most of the time, before going into mostly iframe skills.

Thank you very much! I had no idea what iFrame referred to (and I still don't know why it's called that but oh well). I figured it was something along those lines but wasn't sure if it was the name of something specific.

I guess Vs BM I just have to be fast and not get baited into the block.

Archived