Viridian Quartz

xGelz

you don't need to join gathering guild to farm quartz.  You need to have the Viridian (or Cinderlands or Moonwater) pickaxes to mine them, depending on location/type.   These can be crafted by one of the professions (Soul Wardens) or purchased in the market.

And you can find the Viridian Quartz in the Viridian Coast, Cinderland Quartz in Cinderland and so on. Look for the little rock piles on your map. But be aware that if they've been harvested there's a cooldown until its available again for harvesting from. Same goes for the wells and water.

Good luck finding any node that's available. Shared gathering is a retarded idea. With the cooldowns being over an hour and everywhere I go I see people camping the spots or using a bot it makes the task so tedious that I can't see any point to it. Just grind for the gold and buy it off the AH and save yourself hours of frustration. I know they built the economy with this in mind but the economy and crafting are badly designed.

11 minutes ago, Lyrebon said:

Good luck finding any node that's available. Shared gathering is a retarded idea. With the cooldowns being over an hour and everywhere I go I see people camping the spots or using a bot it makes the task so tedious that I can't see any point to it. Just grind for the gold and buy it off the AH and save yourself hours of frustration. I know they built the economy with this in mind but the economy and crafting are badly designed.

Totally agree. There's always hope that things will calm down once people "burn" through their 5 free pickaxes...but with the stacks of 50 popping up on the AH lately, I doubt that its going to stop. I think people/botters are just making new toons, leveling them up, burning through the free picks, deleting and restarting another one. Horrible way to make a f2p game. in a game where it costs a botter or nolifer NOTHING to make a new character, making resources that are rare shared gathering is a recipe for disaster. it would be quite interesting to make them BoP...wonder how that would impact the botter market ;)

On a side note...that's how allot of f2p games get past the botters market, is by making anything of value to character progression BoP. This game does the opposite...makes all these things that you have to farm/camp shared loot. botters reign supreme in environments like these. think they would have figured that out by now...

It wouldn't really impact the economy if they wanted to keep the shared nodes but add in individualised nodes that output only 1-2 samples per 24 hours. That way you can still retrieve some yourself but not enough to craft mountains of items. The economy is not fair to those who don't have hours per day to farm a map, or just want to spend the 2-5 hours they can have doing something fun. I'd be all for individualised nodes even if there were only 1-2 per map that gave you 1-2 samples each. That way they'd still be rare which would justify a high market price (though not quite as high as it is now).

Using Guild Wars 2 as an example, iron is used in a lot of recipes. Though you can gather it yourself quite easily it still carries a high sell price. The importance of an item and the regularity which it is used influence its price. If NCSoft don't want the market value of ore to plummet by switching to individualised nodes they could increase the number of ore required in crafting.

There are a lot of solutions but shared mats is just about the worst version of mat gathering ever.

Yep. They should've made the nodes instanced so everyone gets their own instead. I rarely get any quartz simply because I never see the nodes around, yet their icons are still there on the mini-map...

Plus, I've tried getting some water from a well once or twice, only to find..."that item belongs to another character", even though they didn't take it.

Played MMO's for over 10 years, never seen such a badly designed crafting and economy experience as in B&S. When someone on the forums suggests that the nodes spawn time should be lowered, everyone is saying: "OH NO THAT WILL RUIN THE ECONOMY". What economy? The one used by bots that are camping these nods? Also every decent MMO out there has between 1 to 10 minutes node spawn time, and their economy is great. The economy will also be changed in a few weeks months anyway, since most of the players just now started joining after the realease, everything will be cheaper soon, not to mention with all the work the bots are doing.

Bottom line, change the nodes respawn time and improve the crafting/gathering system, don't tell me about economy, because every MMO out there has economy that is changing constantly either by the players or by the GM's so that's not an issue.

Archived