Launcher does not appear when desktop shortcut is clicked

Lenfried

Yesterday after I have quit the game I wanted to join back in. I clicked the desktop shortcut as I would any other time I start the game, but the launcher won't appear. I opened the task manager and see NCLauncher Module running in the background. I reinstalled the game and launcher but the same thing happens. Anyone have a solution?

Ok so I had this problem for awhile, though I got an error after about 5 seconds or so of waiting after clicking it. It would not open the launcher until I shutdown Razor Synapse, after I shut it down one time the launcher opened and haven't had the problem since even with Razor Synapse running.

10 hours ago, DooM78 said:

Did you guys close the NC Module in Task Manager and open the launcher after that ?

Yes, I've closed every instance of NCLauncher Module in background before clicking the shortcut again.

10 hours ago, DarkRaven said:

Ok so I had this problem for awhile, though I got an error after about 5 seconds or so of waiting after clicking it. It would not open the launcher until I shutdown Razor Synapse, after I shut it down one time the launcher opened and haven't had the problem since even with Razor Synapse running.

I'm not using any Razer device or software.

That's odd.. Just to be sure if I get it right : you uninstalled the Launcher completely from your computer, downloaded it again and reinstalled it, and it still won't launch ? 

Maybe your antivirus software that blocks it ? 

Where do you download the launcher from ? 

On 1/27/2016 at 3:24 AM, DooM78 said:

That's odd.. Just to be sure if I get it right : you uninstalled the Launcher completely from your computer, downloaded it again and reinstalled it, and it still won't launch ? 

Maybe your antivirus software that blocks it ? 

Where do you download the launcher from ? 

Yeah I've uninstalled both the launcher and the game from the drive, then reinstalled them with the Lite Installer I've downloaded from the BnS website.

I'm using Windows Defender and MalwareBytes, I don't think they interfered with the game since I was able to log in and play for 4 days straight from the launch. It was only until the 4th day when the launcher just refused to start.

Right now I've just fresh installed Windows 10 and it works so far.

Archived