Wardrobe access for non-premium players

Termy

Just now, Furholden said:

Because they will have to find another way to make money to sustain servers. 

they have a cash shop along with premium.

they sell outfits along with other things in the cash shop but people can't store their cash shopped bought items because the wardrobe is blocked behind a paywall

8 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

they have a cash shop along with premium.

they sell outfits along with other things in the cash shop but people can't store their cash shopped bought items because the wardrobe is blocked behind a paywall

It won't be enough. Like i said B&S was designed to be Pay2Play like what we've seen on Korean servers. It's already a very big step for NCsoft to allow players to all core content without paying a dime and that's already good enough.

Edited by Furholden

It won't be enough. Like i said B&S was designed to be Pay2Play like what we've seen on Korean servers. It'salready a very big step for NCsoft to allow players to all core content without payinga dime and that's already good enough.

making wardrobe f2p isn't going to crash their income like i said before it's most likely going to increase it with people buying the cash shop outfits.

the fact those cash shop outfits can be more expensive than 30 days of premium should say something.

On 1/25/2016 at 7:16 PM, Ygnizem said:

BnS  JP's wardrobe are open for non-prem

this just shows NA/EU wants your money desperately :3

BnS JP is free to play up to level 15 after that you must have a subscription to play so you can't be a non-prem player above level 15.

Edited by kanzyman

Just now, ZigZack said:

making wardrobe f2p isn't going to crash their income like i said before it's most likely going to increase it with people buying the cash shop outfits.

the fact those cash shop outfits can be more expensive than 30 days of premium should say something.

Like i said, i'm not giving them any more money if B&S allows free players to have access to wardrobe. Most of the premium players agree with me on this on my server.

So in essence, NCsoft loses a bulk of their paying customers if they decide to go with free wardrobes.

1 minute ago, Furholden said:

It won't be enough. Like i said B&S was designed to be Pay2Play like what we've seen on Korean servers. It'salready a very big step for NCsoft to allow players to all core content without payinga dime and that's already good enough.

Pay2Play doesn't work. Other than WoW, every mmo that I know off moved to free2play with micro transactions. gw, aion, la2, tera from the top of my head, all those were subscription based, and they failed.

Like i said, i'm not giving them any more money if B&S allows free players to have access to wardrobe. Most of the premium players agree with me on this on my server.

So in essence, NCsoft loses a bulk of their paying customers if they decide to go with free wardrobes.

why you care if wardrobe goes f2p or not? you clearly don't use it.
and buying premium solely to have wardrobe is stupid in this sense that you clearly have shown not to use it fully.

you get all this other stuff that gives premium users a slight edge over others but i've shown that i would want ncsoft to replace wardrobe with something probably better.

2 minutes ago, Onene said:

Pay2Play doesn't work. Other than WoW, every mmo that I know off moved to free2play with micro transactions. gw, aion, la2, tera from the top of my head, all those were subscription based, and they failed.

Precisely my point. Any MMO that has given tons of free stuff eventually became pay2win or closed down because they were desperete for income just to keep servers afloat. That fails as well.

On 1/25/2016 at 10:08 AM, Invalid said:

My god..  Can't you guys get it through your heads that these are QUALITY OF LIFE benefits that you pay for and that you don't need them. If you want them that bad, then spend the money for the 30-day premium. I and many others spent money on premium, so why are you trying to take away our benefits because you want them for free. 

Late to the party here

"Taking away" is not the right phrase since youd stil have it but so would everyone else

I dont think free players are entitled to anything though itd be nice

Another game i play has a free wardrobe feature but it costs gold to put things in and take them out

Perhaps something similar if its going to go free

There really isnt a reason to say no or yes aside from making premium less appealing

50/50 on this one

4 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

The way business works is they make small profit from multiple sources so even if it's small it's still profit. Besides, once NC allows this, f2p players will become much more aggressive on their demands knowing that NC listens. They need to be careful because there are so many people in this generation who mistake generosity for entitlement.

5 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

why you care if wardrobe goes f2p or not? you clearly don't use it.
and buying premium solely to have wardrobe is stupid in this sense that you clearly have shown not to use it fully.

you get all this other stuff that gives premium users a slight edge over others but i've shown that i would want ncsoft to replace wardrobe with something probably better.

My main character uses it.

Just now, AndJerry said:

The way business works is they make small profit from multiple sources so even if it's small it's still profit. Besides, once NC allows this, f2p players will become much more aggressive on their demands knowing that NC listens. They need to be careful because there are so many people in this generation who mistake generosity for entitlement.

well i rather spend my money else where on a game that are more deserving of my hard earned money.

because i'm not spending $15 a month on 1 feature that has no place being behind a paywall ontop of wanting to spend $10-20 on outfits.

I'm not at all surprised that the extra bank slots that is the wardrobe is behind a paywall.  However I am surprised that paywall is premium, and not a slot by slot unlock.  I'm also becoming less and less convinced it's a big enough feature to make premium "worth it".  I can easily think of one feature I'd rather have for premium.  Free windstride.  As it is the reduced cooldown from premium feels completely pointless.  Seems like for most of the game it costs too much to use at all, much less in rapid succession.

(P.S.  AFAIK wardrobe only requires premium to put stuff in.  So if your inventory is getting full of outfits, spend the $5 (or w/e) for a weeks worth of premium, and put all your outfits in that you aren't planning on using soon.  I actually suspect they'd make more money off the wardrobe if they DID make it a slot by slot unlock than by packing it in with Premium.)

14 minutes ago, Minster said:

just an excuse of premium users tho lol, i think you buy premium just for the wardrope and scare that if the Dev really make the wardrope free, i dont need a costume wardrope, i just need a faction wardrope, understand? it not take up many space but it waste, for the grindy person, it is easy to get stuff you need, money to buy. I think about the future of this game, where there are just premium running around and the population is...<100 or maybe <50 per server fight together in the faction quest because ppl will soon realize wardrope is not worth their monthly fee lol

Finally, someone with a brain. Couldn't agree more. I can't really stretch this enough. And not a single person can give me a good reason as to why it's limited and should stay that way. I'm all for the one-time purchase just for the wardrobe. It's ludicrous how many people take that out of context. Not to mention, everyone here uses the term "F2P" as they wish just to give them a sense of superiority due to the premium status. When in fact, premium or not, EVERYONE is a F2P player. You buy premium to get the benefits; you did not buy the game. There's a difference. I don't see anything from the benefits that make premium players any better. When you lose your premium, you are back to the place where you once mocked. It's baffling how people talk without using their heads.

Just now, Jyns said:

Finally, someone with a brain. Couldn't agree more. I can't really stretch this enough. And not a single person can give me a good reason as to why it's limited and should stay that way. I'm all for the one-time purchase just for the wardrobe. It's ludicrous how many people take that out of context. Not to mention, everyone here uses the term "F2P" as they wish just to give them a sense of superiority due to the premium status. When in fact, premium or not, EVERYONE is a F2P player. You buy premium to get the benefits; you did not buy the game. There's a difference. I don't see anything from the benefits that make premium players any better. When you lose your premium, you are back to the place where you once mocked. It's baffling how people talk without using their heads.

well don't think i don't want premium buyers to get the most for their $ because i do want them to and i believe they deserve something better than wardrobe.

i don't know why people think i want want want when i've clearly said i want ncsoft to replace it with something better.

Edited by ZigZack

2 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

well i rather spend my money else where on a game that are more deserving of my hard earned money.

because i'm not spending $15 a month on 1 feature that has no place being behind a paywall ontop of wanting to spend $10-20 on outfits.

I get what you're thinking but like I wrote before, you can make 1 time purchase of dragon pouchs to store outfits. I don't do faction at this moment because I'm hard at farming money whenever I'm on, but there should be less than 8 faction outfits right?

Also, if you are lacking in space, you can always sell mats/hammers you are not necessarily using. If you can sell, that means you can always buy back in market whenever you need them. I bet you have a lot of those food/keys/mats/weapons/soulshields in vault that you don't need at this moment.

4 minutes ago, Jyns said:

Dragon pouches. Buy them once to store your outfits.  I bought my premium because of queue and queue only. I don't see necessity of wardrobe because I don't use it and I do just fine. Later in game, I might buy some more dragon pouches to store more outfits, and I'm perfectly fine with that. If you are running low on inventory at this point, that just means you're not managing it correctly. Only open boxes when you need them, grind things you don't need, and sell mats that you don't need at the moment.

Just now, AndJerry said:

I get what you're thinking but like I wrote before, you can make 1 time purchase of dragon pouchs to store outfits. I don't do faction at this moment because I'm hard at farming money whenever I'm on, but there should be less than 8 faction outfits right?

Also, if you are lacking in space, you can always sell mats/hammers you are not necessarily using. If you can sell, that means you can always buy back in market whenever you need them. I bet you have a lot of those food/keys/mats/weapons/soulshields in vault that you don't need at this moment.

i don't want to sell my mats or hammers i don't want to sell anything i shouldn't have to.

in my point of view i believe premium membership isn't worth it and having something like outfit storage as a paywall is silly Premium members deserve better.

i want outfits i want to give them money for outfits but i'm not going to give them an extra $15 a month to be allowed to store all these outfits

1 minute ago, ZigZack said:

well don't think i don't want premium buyers to get the most for their $ because i do want them to and i believe they deserve something better than wardrobe.

i don't know why people think i want want want when i've clearly said i want ncsoft to replace it with something better.

The benefits from premium status only help players to progress faster. It has nothing to do with deserving more than the other players. Trust me, I'm on one. And I don't think I should deserve better than some of my friends who simply don't want to get premium. They progress just about the same if any, a bit slower. 
People are mistaking "Premium Status" with "Premium Title"

I can not make it clear it enough that premium status is not PERMANENT.

Can the original poster PLEASE just edit their original post to include information these whalers constantly nagging about, like the fact that you CANNOT salvage nor sell nor drop the outfits. For God's sake, do people even read before crying all over the place and these tools do nothing but cloud the issue.

6 minutes ago, AndJerry said:

Dragon pouches. Buy them once to store your outfits.  I bought my premium because of queue and queue only. I don't see necessity of wardrobe because I don't use it and I do just fine. Later in game, I might buy some more dragon pouches to store more outfits, and I'm perfectly fine with that. If you are running low on inventory at this point, that just means you're not managing it correctly. Only open boxes when you need them, grind things you don't need, and sell mats that you don't need at the moment.

What are you talking about? I never said anything about inventory issues. It's the amount of people claiming "premium" should have a say and what they claim to be "F2P" have no say at all.