Wardrobe access for non-premium players

Termy

What they really need to add is ala carte micro transactions. I would not by premium here based on the way the game was released but there are things I would buy like wardrobe storage say 5 slots for 1000 nccoin. Then expansions to that in groups of 5 for 500 nccoins. That gives them a much wider base to earn funds from and people can decide how much they want and are willing to pay for at a time. Premium simply is not worth it for a game at this early stage that you will cap in less then 2 weeks. But to have convenience like wardrobe storage I would pay for and as more content and outfits were added I would by more space.

Premium is what? 50 cents a day? That is cheaper entertainment than buying a can of pop. You people act like this game costs 100 dollars a month or something. If you do not want to pay the 50 cents a day, then you do not DESERVE the wardrobe. 

NC should make Premium tradeable like a system they have in Wildstar, Rift, Eve Online, etc. (The unlockable perks btw is something i saw in Wildstar and Rift and i like that) Problem solved plus, people could get gold for real money without buying it from shady websites. So it's a win/win for everyone.

Edited by Tarselis

32 minutes ago, Tarselis said:

NC should make Premium tradeable like a system they have in Wildstar, Rift, Eve Online, etc. (The unlockable perks btw is something i saw in Wildstar and Rift and i like that) Problem solved plus, people could get gold for real money without buying it from shady websites. So it's a win/win for everyone.

Basically the game should switch to p2w, same thing if they bring back ncoin->gold exchange. No thanks.

58 minutes ago, Tarselis said:

It is giftable but not tradeable. Supposedly we will be getting an NCoing exchange system in game sooner or later which would enable folks to buy NCoin with game gold. 

And just to clarify: someone on page 1 said "you keep your premium benefits as you rank up" -- you only get the benefits if you have active premium. So you can be rank 9000 and when your premium expires you lose all benefits. When you renew premium you get all of the benefits back. 

Edited by QueenSheba

3 minutes ago, Tarselis said:

Erm, what?

ignore it. p2w is just the new buzzword that has to get thrown into ever mmo debate at least twice per day.

i actually agree to an extent with what you suggest in tying the premium rewards not into how long you've subscribed but into how much money one spends, like Rift and Wildstar do. also, back to the original point - as it is right now, I don't think the wardrobe merits being premium service but would I would do (i have suggested this before) is instead of making it free, make it better. specifically, make the wardrobe shared by all your characters on the account.

Just now, sersi said:

ignore it. p2w is just the new buzzword that has to get thrown into ever mmo debate at least twice per day.

i actually agree to an extent with what you suggest in tying the premium rewards not into how long you've subscribed but into how much money one spends, like Rift and Wildstar do. also, back to the original point - as it is right now, I don't think the wardrobe merits being premium service but would I would do (i have suggested this before) is instead of making it free, make it better. specifically, make the wardrobe shared by all your characters on the account.

I know. that's why i ask for further information what exactly is the p2w part he is blabbering about. :-) Oh and it's no new buzzword...it's in fact very old.

4 minutes ago, Tarselis said:

I know. that's why i ask for further information what exactly is the p2w part he is blabbering about. :-) Oh and it's no new buzzword...it's in fact very old.

it's old, but it seems to be getting thrown around a lot more now. or maybe im just now noticing it XD

I honestly think wardrobe should permanently unlock for everyone who gets to a certain premium level, like level 3 or 4.

I think premium users need more benefits (i.e. getting a unique cosmetic item for certain days of premium membership -- 30d, 60d, 90d, 150d, 210d, etc) but they shouldn't be at the expense of non-premium players. They're meant to be benefits/QoL improvements. Perhaps each month there can be a new costume (for 400/800 NC) added to the NCStore and premium members get it for free.

Edited by Lermoran

I completely agree, Wardrobe is something a FTP player should have access too. 1mirg pointed out the main issues as to why it should be, one of the biggest being that it deters FTP player from buying costumes due to space limitations. What if i'm down for spending £5-10 a month on actual items be it costumes or consumables but just not premium membership? Well if inventory is an issue then I certainly wouldn't want to buy costumes.

There's an easy solution for this if NCSoft still wants to rake a few bucks out of people. Just put wardrobe access on the NC and Hongmoon coin store so FTP and paying customers can buy it. Everyone that has bought premium up till now will automatically have wardrobe access and new people can just buy it, pricing up to NCSoft ofcourse. 

If Premium members are salty about 'losing' a premium feature then just compensate with another benefit. I'm sure NCsoft have plenty of possible benefits written down, Discount windstride prices, bigger daily quest cap, Higher transmute success chance, etc.

Edited by Jowdan3006

Wardobe feature is, available on both JP, and TW version, it was weird when i got my 1st costume, and tried to store it only yo find out, that Wardobe in Eu/Na is a premium feature only, just like low number of char slots, the laughable surveys,  and and ... the list can get really long if you played any of the eastern version. but what i found interesting on this thread to break the virginity of my forum account, was the repleys from the "Premium" users ... 

Why are people so dumb and lack of common sense? The wardrobe in this game is pretty big. People adore those costumes and love to collect them. Heck, even buy them. But what? Just because they aren't premium, they aren't able to keep them all? It makes no sense to me that it's limited to premium players only. Premium members =/= NCoin buyers. I am a premium member, and I'm not going to get to a certain "rank" just to keep them. Sure I can just drop them. Then what's the point of having pretty outfits in game when you can't even keep? Let alone farming. It's almost nonsensical. I wouldn't mind paying to get more slots, but hell, why would I get more slots just to store my clothes? That's stupid as hell. What about those materials??? The stuff that you actually NEED?

Can someone tell me the harm of making it accessible to all players? Or is there some instant gold that you get by farming one as a premium that I do not know of? 'Cause I'm not seeing the point here if they are planning to bring in more clothes. And by that, I mean in CS as well.

Also, whoever said, "It's part of the Premium benefits" is just dumb. You will lose that privilege once the premium status is gone.

And please, people make it seem like expanding inventory will solve everything. As if the bags just magically gave you unlimited slots.

It's kind of funny that we get a costume after completing the Lv45 story. Like okay, we get the outfit as a reward just so we can drop it, right? Because my slots are very precious after all.
Clearly, the people who are "working hard behind the scenes" haven't tried the game themselves. Logic.

Edited by Jyns

12 hours ago, lalabanana said:

sorry if this is a stupid question. I am a premium member but everything i clicked on F3, it says some error in opening it?

get the error and then send a ticket to the support here on the forum..

I really wish they had an in game option to send tickets

Premium or not i think it should be free for simple reason: this game lives off cosmetics. I can imagine there is plenty of players that don't care about premium benefits but like nice outfits and actually would buy them. Now here comes the storage issue: if i don't have space i simply won't buy outfit.

I can also imagine where complain comes from: mayne games nowdays live from selling cosmetics and all of them offer wardrobe for free (GW2, League of Legends etc.).

1 minute ago, Elezen said:

This games is seriously too much pay2win... cant mails until u get somes nccoin premium get to dodge queue and other stuff... while there somes that should be available to all wth

As much as I dislike those features also, apart from the premium queue priority, Those are not Pay2Win as it's not like they have any competitive advantage compared to a FTP player, you're using the term completely wrong. It's more 'pay to not have the inconveniences that FTP have' which is fine in most cases, but not when it detracts services and features from FTP players much like the Wardrobe feature we're discussing in this thread. I believe there's another thread discussing the Pay wall on the mail service somewhere too. 

I would really love to have the Wardrobe feature unlocked with a one time payment.

One of the things that I love in MMORPG is dressing my characters with differents outfits.

Yeah, I like virtual paperdolls... sue me.

But paying a premium for just the wardrobe seems so wasteful.

On 1/25/2016 at 1:18 PM, YonHyakuNiju said:

Let's also ask for free character slots, free server transfer, free inventory slots, free outfits. Eventually you will also cry about the game shutting down, even after you've refused to drop a single cent in it.

lol

Im a premium player and i think wardrobe should be for everyone(its hard coming from other regions and see you cant turn youre costume farm mania on full because you cant use wardrobe) my friends say they would buy premium or costumes ( well income in our country is not that grate especially when you have family  and kids are going to school) and they would buy costumes first and then when 50 lvl comes with hongmoon levels and they got all costumes they want then they would switch to premium for faster leveling hongmoon