Wardrobe access for non-premium players

Termy

F2P players >  "Just make it cosmetic stuff and not P2W"

Okay you can pay for more cosmetic storage space

"Wait no I want that free too."

Then what in the world are you going to pay for?

"Ummm...."

You literally want everything for free.  Which makes you a really bad customer, and is terrible for the game.

Just now, Mishi said:

Maybe as a happy medium for the wardrobe for F2P, vs P2P would be:

Add the wardrobe free for all users, however add it to where it is an account wide wardrobe for all premium players, so they do not have to buy a costume a 2nd time, or mail to their alts?

Also allow it to only be used from anywhere for players paying for the subscription, and only at a NPC for free players to be able to use the wardrobe.

Thus allowing all to use it, however the convenience of using it anywhere, for any characters on an account being linked to subscriptions only. 

they can do whatever they want to do as long as everyone gets to use it.

Just now, Graystone said:

what happens to stuff in wardrobe after premium expires

you can take it out but you'll never be able to put it back in unless you pay for another membership.

Edited by ZigZack

A wardrobe tab for just the pvp fashion would be nice that way you can drop all your pvp outfits into a storage place, specially if you cant sell/discard them. As for just cosmetic type fashions well if u want more buy slots for them. or sell 1 slot for $5 an only be able to buy them say upto 10-15 slots worth at which point you cant buy anymore wardrobe slots. So in this manor premium players can still feel better about having paid because they have the full unrestricted wardrobe access.

Just my thoughts an opinion.   :D

Nice strawman there, Total Havoc. It burns very nicely. But is a strawman.

The problem with holding the wardrobe as 'incentive' for the signature/premium subscription is that it will make people think twice before purchasing costumes. Instead of players going "Oh, I like this outfit. And it's cheap! I will buy it!" when they see something they like in the shop, you get a "Oh, I like this outfit! And it's cheap! Oh, wait, I shouldn't buy it. I'm already kind of strangled on space thanks to all the outfits I collected in game and the other items I'm storing in my bank. I should wait for one that I REALLY like."

Free players will buy less costumes as a result. I doubt the ammount of subscribers will make up for those lost sales. It's a hilarious backfire.

And again, you fail to see the entire point of this post.

It's not about getting everything for free. It never has.

It's about how we let NCSoft treat us now and in future titles.

All you need to do is ask yourself one thing:

Do you want them to offer you more content and things you enjoy in a game with all it's ment-to-have features

or do you want them to keep taking away parts of games and sell them back to you?

A good game will make money. It's about how it is made.

"...you look at the places where people tend to spend money and you judge it against how angry people are gonna be about it" - Omeed Dariani, Director of Social and Community, NCSoft

Edited by zapp002
Omeed quote added

Just now, RaikaVernana said:

i oppose completely to this the wardrobe are one of the principal benefits from premium so i think things must remain like that, pretty useful in different ways is a privilege too much good for simple plebs

what to scared of us plebs having something you hold so dear forever and forever?

sadly it don't work like that and a good public outcry will be heard.

Can I request we get this conversation back on track? I do not mean to offend but it seems to have devolved to a lot of hate slinging which I think in part is due to misunderstandings.

- A lot of people, and not just here, who are asking for a change to how the wardrobe is offered do not wish it to be free. We fully understand NCSoft needs to make money and that is fine.

- Nor is the goal to make the current premium offer less attractive.

- And we certainly do not want the game to become pay-to-win as a result. If that happens we all lose.

Even if you feel there are people who wish for exactly that please discard that for a moment and please focus on those wanting to bring a solution that may benefit everyone, even NCSoft.

- A one time payed unlock to open up the wardrobe is a popular stance. Having to pay a recurring subscription for a single feature is a very unattractive deal. On top of that it creates a barrier for those wishing to purchase costumes from the cash shop as they will find it difficult to store their purchases. The regular inventory does not accomendate for the large amount of costume collectables this game is going to have. It also discourages collectors to go out in the world and participate in content to obtain more costumes for the same reason. NCSoft could stand to benefit from more costume sales and more end game activity if this barrier wasn't as big as it is now. Finally the costumes that you cannot trade or destroy but are obtained during questing would become less of an issue.

- Premium should remain attractive. For example wardrobe unlocking could stay part of it but to compensate for the inclusing of a seperate wardrobe unlock item on the store more convenience bonuses could be added to premium such as unlimited or extended windwalking. The power to constantly sprint is a very powerful convenience bonus I would think. Or perhaps something in the vein of being able to have an additional crafting and gathering guild. Or to make the wardrobe account bound. I'm sure NCSoft would be able to come up with many attractive alternatives that do not actually bring downsides with them like the wardrobe does as described in the point above.

- Pay-to-win is terrible. I believe the current system can be altered via the above points so that premium sales do not take a hit and costume and unlock sales increase. This would move us further away from Pay-to-win, not bring us closer.

As a final note. I see the mention of the wardrobe being viewed as something you don't need to enjoy the game by some, making it mearly a convenience. I can assure you that to many this is a fully fledged and important feature, not mearly a convenience. Many people love to collect things and treat that as part of their end game. It is no secret that Blade and Soul has put an emphasis on costume collecting. The vast amount of costumes in the Asian version of the game is what prompted the creation of the wardrobe to begin with. We too will see all those costumes in our version as time goes on. To the collectors the wardrobe function is thus essential just like the arena is to someone who really likes PvP. Or dungeons to someone who really likes PvE. For me personally being able to collect the costumes in this game is equal to being able to max out my gear, complete dungeons and finish the storyline. To you it may not be an important feature, but to many others it is. Please respect that.

There are several ways to run a Free2Play game, NCsoft West said well before the game launched their plans were to charge for convenience and cosmetics while avoid selling power items and be pay2win.

@zapp002

I don't think you know even what you are fighting for anymore. You can call it whatever you want, but you are no matter how much you try to hype it up, complaining about features you believe yourself entitled to. The sooner you realize this the better. I mean no offense, I just want you to realize what people see with what you type.

The model chosen for this game I stated above. You may not like it, but they have decided on it and it is how they expect to run this game. There is a bank tab you could use for costumes and outside of PvP costumes there is no actual "need" associated to costumes. A personal want to collect is just that, a personal interest in a sub feature of a game.

@ZigZack

Try being a little civil, I am not seeing public outcry, but a child's tantrum and insults.

Edited by Yui

@Yui

I don't know what makes you think that I wouldn't know what I was fighting for. I tried to be as clear as possible.

I have played Blade and Soul on other successful servers in the past, which showed me, that a fair buisnessmodel without p2w is not only possible but lucrative.

There was no need to withhold features and classes in order to force money out of people. Yes. force.

Limiting charslots and withholding a class from launch, the wardrobe and mailrestriction, are just some cheap ways to make money without delivering anything beneficial to the playerbase. To me, knowing those restrictions aren't neccessary, it feels like a greedy scam.

And yes I feel like everyone is entitled to those features, even if you don't share my oppinion here.

I was never a supporter of forcing players to spend money in order to enjoy a full game, especially when other companies show that this isn't even neccessary to make a profit on the exact same game.

The wardrobe is an important part of the lategame costume farming. By restricting it to premium, it not only reduces lategame content for everyone else, it also creates an unneccessary obstacle to f2p players who'd rather spend their money on costumes alone than on premium. (which is a huge part of the money this game makes)

However, I agree that premium players should have more benefits from their continuous support, and those aren't much atm. But can't we find better ways than ripping away parts of the game which were ment for everyone by the Developers?

Is it really so hard to find something additional, that we need to butcher a game and feed it's chopped off parts to the premiums?

Or was it just the easier way?

Edited by zapp002

If Wardrobe is never going to be available for F2P then I'm never buying costumes.

I'm not going to spend money on cosmetics when I have nowhere to put those cosmetics that doesn't negatively effect my storage space.

No wardrobe, no money from me. Simple as that and many F2P members would agree with me. It also severely doesn't help that cosmetics can't be transferred between characters, so I can't even offload my extra stuff to another character.

GG, no re.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:18 PM, YonHyakuNiju said:

Let's also ask for free character slots, free server transfer, free inventory slots, free outfits. Eventually you will also cry about the game shutting down, even after you've refused to drop a single cent in it.

sooooo you're saying that you don't want to buy prem, but if you had the wardrobe you would be willing to buy costumes that cost more than prem... yep makes sense... 

Just now, Puppy Pie said:

sooooo you're saying that you don't want to buy prem, but if you had the wardrobe you would be willing to buy costumes that cost more than prem... yep makes sense... 

sure because then i don't have to worry about space to put said costumes, instead of wasting $15 per month when i could put that $15 or even $20 in the cash shop.

2 minutes ago, ZigZack said:
2 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

sure because then i don't have to worry about space to put said costumes, instead of wasting $15 per month when i could put that $15 or even $20 in the cash shop.

ah so you are good with spending $20 on a virtual costume a month, but that extra $15 dollars is going to break your bank.

LOL well have fun with that! maybe you should get some dragon pouches and just expand your things since you don't have an issue with paying like a real f2p would.

ah so you are good with spending $20 on a virtual costume a month, but that extra $15 dollars is going to break your bank.

LOL well have fun with that! maybe you should get some dragon pouches and just expand your things since you don't have an issue with paying like a real f2p would.

naw wouldn't break my bank i just don't find premium membership worth it so why waste my money on that?

Than buy pouches to expand your warehouse. Easy fix

or even better if you really want the wardrobe just buy prem.

it's not an easy fix i've already looked at max inventory its not enough.

i just told you premium membership is not worth it so idk why you keep trying to force people to buy it.

but i guess you're the type to roll over and take it and just take the easy way out.

3 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

it's not an easy fix i've already looked at max inventory its not enough.

i just told you premium membership is not worth it so idk why you keep trying to force people to buy it.

but i guess you're the type to roll over and take it and just take the easy way out.

well than don't get costumes another easy fix it's just cosmetic not like you NEED them.

$15 dollars is really nothing to me per month heck I've spent a lot more on this game haha.

and unlike you $15 is worth it to me. Anyways gl with your issues later

PS I'm not forcing you to buy it no one is LOL!!!! unless NCSoft came into your house, and currently has a gun to your head

Edited by Puppy Pie

well than don't get costumes another easy fix it's just cosmetic not like you NEED them.

$15 dollars is really nothing to me per month heck I've spent a lot more on this game haha.

and unlike you $15 is worth it to me. Anyways gl with our issues later

well i'm not as stupid as you to waste my money on this game not in the shape its in atm.

7 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

well i'm not as stupid as you to waste my money on this game not in the shape its in atm.

Not a waste if I'm enjoying it :)

Now me spending $30 a week on fancy coffee is a waste, seeing as I enjoy it for about 20min than flush it down the toilet but once again I enjoy it and my husband and I made more than enough to have fun with it.

oh or even me spending $100 a month for crossfit instead of just going to a normal gym or $70 a month just for tanning eerm and around $110 for getting my hair done is allllllllllll a waste but honey if I have the cash and I enjoy those things than you bet I'm going to buy them.

As long as people get sick and large companies need people with computer engineers degrees than you can bet we will be spending our entertainment funds on whatever we want each month! #collegepaysoff

Edited by Puppy Pie