Wardrobe access for non-premium players

Termy

Just now, 0kita said:

Waste? I end up ordering one less tea or beer a week and hot damn, I have money to spend on a game that brings entertainment and I have a bunch of friends playing that we can just sit back and have good times; meanwhile I don't have to stress out about having to manage my costumes. 

I'm willing to bet that people will make it work, as they have in almost any other game. 

unsub and then manage your outfits then get back to me.

till wardrobe is unlocked for everyone they won't get a penny out of me and i'll put my money into a more deserving game.

Edited by ZigZack

Just now, ZigZack said:

unsub and then manage your outfits then get back to me.

till wardrobe is unlocked for everyone they won't get a penny out of me and i'll put my money into a more deserving game.

Failing to see how unsubbing would prove to me that I am wasting my money? In the end, the amount of entertainment and time spent will make the monthly sub, undoubtedly, not be a waste in my eyes.

"you need to make a lot of money, that's the whole point of making games, right?" - Omeed Dariani, Director of Social and Community, NCSoft

"...you look at the places where people tend to spend money and you judge it against how angry people are gonna be about it" - Omeed Dariani, Director of Social and Community, NCSoft

1 hour ago, Krisnetz said:

Its an F2P they have to make money in some kind of way in order to keep the game running.  They seem to be trying to do it in a way that is fair.

Well, all other BnS Servers managed this without limiting the charslots from 5 to 2 and restricting the wardrobe.

And NC HAS to keep it fair, because everyone would just leave a pay2win game in a heartbeat, and they know it.

The REAL reason because we, and no other country got limitations like that is just people because of people like you.

People who don't speak up, who don't complain and who just throw money at a system that removes inconveniences which have been placed in the game just for the sole reason to get rid of them again by paying. *slow clap* (Oh good, My slowclap-processor made it into this thing. So we have that.)

If more people would complain, guess what NC would have to do: right. Implement stuff people would actually WANT to buy and not HAVE to buy. That means more fashion, more effects, and stuff that actually has to be created. (and that's bad, because as a company you can't drain people's wallets for free anymore).

If you want to know what mindset you are defending here, maybe you should watch this:

I'd laugh so hard if this post gets deleted xD

Edited by zapp002

Just now, 0kita said:

Failing to see how unsubbing would prove to me that I am wasting my money? In the end, the amount of entertainment and time spent will make the monthly sub, undoubtedly, not be a waste in my eyes.

well if the only reason you subbed was for priority and wardrobe.

the first option is gonna mean jack in the next few months.

unless you really care about all that extra fluff as you put it.

Just now, ZigZack said:

well if the only reason you subbed was for priority and wardrobe.

the first option is gonna mean jack in the next few months.

unless you really care about all that extra fluff as you put it.

Shop discount, market slots, wardrobe, reduced fees. 

Queue priority is hardly ever a selling point to me these days for that exact reason, incredibly short term "perk"

On 26/1/2016 at 11:55 PM, Shail said:

I wouldn't mind if the wardrobe remained unlocked permanently after getting 30 days premium, or being able to buy it for 800-1200ncoins permanently in the shop, to be frank wardrobe + login queue is the only reason I have premium right now.

I am on the same boat, paying 12 bucks every month to just have a place where to save my outfits its way too much, queuing priority benefit will be useless in a few months.

NCsoft won't hand out a vanity-only feature to free players.

Guess what, they'll just announce the closure of B&S NA/EU because it isn't profitable enough. The only reason why f2p players are even able to play is because of premium subscriptions. Think the game will survive on the occasional f2p guy who spends a few bucks on a costume without becoming pay2win? Think again.

4 minutes ago, Furholden said:

Guess what, they'll just announce the closure of B&S NA/EU because it isn't profitable enough. The only reason why f2p players are even able to play is because of premium subscriptions. Think the game will survive on the occasional f2p guy who spends a few bucks on a costume without becoming pay2win? Think again.

Get your facts straight. If you want to make this point, how about you show us some evidence, because what you wrote is just a believe that is based on nothing.

Edited by zapp002

Just now, Furholden said:

then why are the majority of these vanity items free in-game by doing dungeons and etc.

but put the storage system for said items behind a paywall?

thats backwards thinking.

5 minutes ago, Furholden said:

most likely they do as they did with Aion, sell it to another worst publisher and game completly dies.

(EU Aion)

Edited by sequid

4 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

then why are the majority of these vanity items free in-game by doing dungeons and etc.

but put the storage system for said items behind a paywall?

thats backwards thinking.

Which is why i had already mentioned that costumes are vanity-only items and not required to complete the game. And hell even the faction costumes that are required to quest don't take up much space. My alt doesn't even use F3 wardrobe function as a Premium user. Only my main does.

People just want everything for free without paying.

Which is why i had already mentioned that costumes are vanity-only items and not required to complete the game. And hell even the faction costumes that are required to quest don't take up much space. My alt doesn't even use F3 wardrobe function as a Premium user. Only my main does.

People just want everything for free without paying.

no i don't want everything for free.

i want something that should of been free from the get go but became locked because NCSoft is greedy.

2 minutes ago, Furholden said:

Only reason why f2p players are able to play is because of the subscriptions eh? I don't recall League of Legends with subscription, path of exile? etc? They survive mostly on vanity and cosmetics. Or are you implying they will close in a day or two?

I also think wardrobe should be free to all players; maybe limit the amount of deposits and withdrawals a day instead of just locking out content. Before anyone says I don't want to spend any money... I do currently have over a year of premium membership. Making wardrobe premium only is assuming that non-premium members will not buy cosmetics. They didn't take into consideration those players who are willing to spend hundreds and thousands on cosmetics even if they have no interest in premium membership. Or who's willing to bet that only premium members are willing to buy cosmetics while free players will not?

I think premium membership should provide small perks, maybe occasional freebies and cosmetics, but not locked content that they only have the privilege to. 

1 minute ago, ZigZack said:

no i don't want everything for free.

i want something that should of been free from the get go but became locked because NCSoft is greedy.

Except that you left out how pay2win the other versions of B&S are. My F2P friends are happy with how the game is, especially when they came crawling out of the Pay2win mess the other servers are in now.

Except that you left out how pay2win the other versions of B&S are. My F2P friends are happy with how the game is, especially when they came crawling out of the Pay2win mess the other servers are in now.

good for the other versions.

pay2win has nothing to do with cosmetics neither does the wardrobe so why you bring it up in this conversation is beyond me

Agree with zapp. This is a feature that should not have ever been paywalled.

Never fails to blow my mind the people that actually defend paywalling features like this. "No I don't want something that is free in other regions!". You don't want a free and important feature? The first top rows in my vault are filled with outfits and I plan on getting more, except I have no space to put them anymore.

I will never, not ever... be forced to buy something i shouldn't have to. Not to mention c-shop outfits. Why buy those if I have no space for them? This was an idiotic idea and people should be complaining. I should WANT to buy things, not be forced, manipulated, or influenced to buy things through lame limitations.

Just now, Ghennkins said:

Agree with zapp. This is a feature that should not have ever been paywalled.

Never fails to blow my mind the people that actually defend paywalling features like this. "No I don't want something that is free in other regions!". You don't want a free and important feature? The first top rows in my vault are filled with outfits and I plan on getting more, except I have no space to put them anymore.

I will never, not ever... be forced to buy something i shouldn't have to. Not to mention c-shop outfits. Why buy those if I have no space for them? This was an idiotic idea and people should be complaining. I should WANT to buy things, not be forced, manipulated, or influenced to buy things through lame limitations.

naw they just want you to chuck out your hard earned mats and other items or even your hard earned outfits to "manage" your spaces.

The reason I don't spend money atm is, just because of that:

Free content that was locked, just to sell it to the stupid western audience. A company that would try that on the Asian market would be torn to pieces.

We would have 5 charslots each, but hey, if it's limited to 2, and an entire new class is withheld for a month, people will pay, right?

Is that the 'keeping it fair" so many people talk about here?

It sure feels more like an insult to me.

Don't get me wrong, I really WANT to support this game, but I CAN'T support the greed shown here by NCSoft.

It's up to them if they're going to establish a fair sustainable buisnessmodel for a game that even has esport potential, or go for the quick cashgrab like so many other game companies do.

NCsoft should do the right thing and not just hand everything out. They would lose the bulk of their current profits.

PS: And it's funny how people use the word "Greed" on a company who has made the most fair F2P model i've seen in a long time.

Edited by Furholden

NCsoft should do the right thing and not just hand everything out. They would lose the bulk of their current profits.

1 thing isn't everything why do people keep saying f2p wants everything?

making wardrobe f2p would allow said people who want to buy said outfits and place to put them which in turn lets NCSoft make profit??? wut

I don't even think a lot of people bought premium because of the wardrobe, but the other advantages that bring you ahead on headstart.

I honestly doubt the wardrobe would have limited profits.

It does prevent me (and a bunch of other people) from buying new outfits tho. Have no place to store them LOL

Edit: @ZigZack: Exactly.

Edited by zapp002

Personally I feel wardrobe should have been free, and more outfits should be store exclusive if NCsoft wanted to sell more outfits. Removing wardrobe also removes a premium perk, which honestly isn't all that great when you look at the list. 

Another option could be unlocking wardrobe permanently with an x amount of outfits purchased. This does make me curious, how many people would be willing to purchase outfits to unlock the wardrobe. A lot of people are claiming they would support it if they had the space to store it. If NCsoft decided to go this route with say, 2 outfits purchased, would people go for it?

2 minutes ago, ZigZack said:

1 thing isn't everything why do people keep saying f2p wants everything?

making wardrobe f2p would allow said people who want to buy said outfits and place to put them which in turn lets NCSoft make profit??? wut

Lolwut you conveniently left out that no one would buy premium after that, which means a loss of a STABLE income for the company. Premiums always outweigh the occasional costume buyer.

It didn't get a whole lot of attention, but I really, REALLY support the idea that Roda crafted on page 5: everyone has access to the wardrobe that we have currently, but premium subscribers IN ADDITION get the perk of having all of the costumes in their wardrobe made account-wide rather than per character. There might be some coding trickery to deal with re: multiples of non-discardable faction outfits and stuff, but if NCWest can make it work I think this would be an EXCELLENT idea. It solves a few issues - the "wardrobe behind a paywall" debate as well as the "cash shop outfits are too expensive for being character-bound and not account-bound" debate. There are certainly players like me who would make more cash shop purchases knowing that I could freely swap outfits between one character to the next so long as I continue to maintain my premium subscription.

If that's too much work (but please don't let it deter you, NCWest!), then I'd settle for a simple one-time purchase of wardrobe as well. Considering that wardrobe currently is $144/yr (US), a pricetag of $75-$100 seems more than reasonable. Players who want to save money in the long run and know they'll be playing the game for a while can do the one-time purchase if they feel the other premium perks aren't worth it, and players who like the other premium perks and/or don't have that kind of income to drop at once can opt for the slightly larger long-term payment, but in much smaller "chunks".

Lolwut you conveniently left out that no one would buy premium after that, which means a loss of a STABLE income for the company. Premiums always outweigh the occasional costume buyer.

like i said they should give premium something thats worth it in its place.