Jump to content
Forums

Wardrobe access for non-premium players


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wardrobe is part of premium, thats what makes it premium lol

I have premium but I agree it should be free. It was not designed to be premium exclusive. Did the original version even have a premium? Premium generally gives extras -- not unlocks built-in basic fe

How come only only Premium players can use the wardrobe and not the non-premium players cant? Every player gonna gather bunch of skins and need a place to put them in. The warehouse and inventory will

I am also a free player and was not at all happy with wardrobe not being an option for us, but then again i use my faction armor 95% of the time anyways and i dont think you can change its skin i dont really matter that much, but it would be nice if we could just drag the armor sets we have found/unlocked over so we could see em again for later use as a reminder to how it looked if you want to get it again later, as keeping em all in bank or bag take alot of room.

 

Edited by Tanabe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZigZack said:

the cosmetics in this game are mostly F2P, outfits are content and they're locking that content's storage utility behind a paywall.

I'm interested. How would YOU set up a premium? What benefits would you give to people that pay for a game you've made or are publishing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wardrobe thing should be open for all players. 

Why does the launch screen says something like "Totally free" when it 's "Totally p2w, cuz ur gonna have no space for ur items in no time"? 

This is ridiculous, some asian servers give it for free for all players. 

NCSóft, you really do like milking other people for money.

 

The gold-spammer level ban was a start. Could you please at least extend the wardrobe for mere humans in the next update? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WarM00se said:

I'm interested. How would YOU set up a premium? What benefits would you give to people that pay for a game you've made or are publishing?

they could swap wardrobe for reduced price on windstriding or anything.

premium membership already gets 21 benefits minus wardrobe and everyones freaking out how people want wardrobe to be for everyone.

get off your high horses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a premium member and probably forever will be, the two biggest things that make prem worth it for me is the queue priority and the wardrobe.
However, I have ben thinking about how people store their costumes as they're not account bound so it would have to be per character.

 

The solution I see is making the wardrobe availble to everyone BUT free usuers have limited amount of slots while prem have unlimited. THis way people can keep their favoured costumes without having to take up valuable storage. Although I would like to see the wardbrobe account wide and make the costumes account bound, at least the rare/ncoin costumes at the very least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt NCSoft will open Wardrobe to F2P players, it's too good of a feature / one of the best selling points of Premium. Also it's like what, $12-15 a month? That's not so expensive given everything else Premium comes with.

 

Those "21 benefits", of them, maybe 4-5 of them are substantial. A good chunk of them are fluff.

 

Also it's not P2W just because you have to juggle inventory. No one is saying you have to keep the non-mandatory costumes and notevery costume piece is a favorite / going to wear this later / can't be farmed again. If your argument is: "this is P2W", you'll never convince NCSoft, let alone anyone that you aren't just whining.

 

Instead it should be easier to increase inventory and bank slots, they should add ways to purchase additional bank tabs, and they should make it so the faction / mandatory outfits can be consolidated to a built-in feature (e.g. click on costume > expand > choose faction). 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

im premium user and will always be  this wardrobe feature should be for everyone

idk why NA people cry about not giving this to non-premium user its not like it will impact the game or the premium users

 

if they cant afford premium it also mean they cant afford to expand the warehouse like most people

im sure premium users already know how many costumes are there in the wardrobe

and must know how this people with no wardrobe feel   .. you guys disgust me on how you think

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 0kita said:

I doubt NCSoft will open Wardrobe to F2P players, it's too good of a feature / one of the best selling points of Premium. Also it's like what, $12-15 a month? That's not so expensive given everything else Premium comes with.

 

Those "21 benefits", of them, maybe 4-5 of them are substantial. A good chunk of them are fluff.

 

Also it's not P2W just because you have to juggle inventory. No one is saying you have to keep the non-mandatory costumes and notevery costume piece is a favorite / going to wear this later / can't be farmed again. If your argument is: "this is P2W", you'll never convince NCSoft, let alone anyone that you aren't just whining.

 

Instead it should be easier to increase inventory and bank slots, they should add ways to purchase additional bank tabs, and they should make it so the faction / mandatory outfits can be consolidated to a built-in feature (e.g. click on costume > expand > choose faction). 

 

 

you do know cash outfits cost $10-20 right? its not just $10-15 for prem

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShendivaScarlet said:

+1 Hmm lets see: isnt it because of premium members (founders, donaters etc.) that People like you can Play this game ENTIERELY free??? Just came to my mind... :D

don't forget cash shop buyers but there would be more of those if everyone could use the wardrobe.

but i like your standard cop out even though this game is really old and NCSoft pretty much didn't have to do anything but translate and get the game working on their servers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact of the matter is that costumes (at least the main faction ones) are vital to completing in-game quests and those are stuck in your inventory/vault. While I agree about premiums players complaining about freemium players feeling entitled to services, let's not forget we're only talking about the wardrobe function here. As others have said, the wardrobe was and IS free for the other countries this game came out years ago on. I see nothing wrong with having skins/clothes go where they should go and not be intrusive to gameplay.

 

Let's admit it, this game will and have cosmetics as one of the main attractions (I bow to Kim Tae Hyung on his exquisite artistry), but making that wardrobe function free won't detract from the actual benefits a premium subscription would give which is the bonus exp, stamina, windstride gfx, and all that other stuff that actually affect your leveling (and do know that the insignia shop discounts are a big thing). Sure, expanding stash isn't that hard provided you can garner enough pouches and coin but the pouch thing is based on surveys and the Daily Dash at most else the Hongmoon Coin rondo of processes. The time you'll spend sorting out your full inventory as a freemium pondering on which outfit to destroy and which to keep is better off spent actually playing the game and seeing those costumes in action--premiums will out-level you eventually anyway on other fields where they have the advantage.

 

Aesthetics is meant to be an attracting factor and not a burden. This is a game that will and will put costumes into your inventory no matter what. Having a little free feature to dump those things while you focus on those RNG drop boxes people apparently farm hundreds of times per area isn't and shouldn't be that big of a deal unless you're too full of yourself with ego exp for feeling entitled as "being a premium". Besides, it's a game meant for a wide variety of audiences and not many parents will go spending hard-earned bucks on a premium service for their unemployed-student children when they already pay for the electricity and the internet (not to mention the pizza and cola they eat while playing). I work myself and I spend most of my money for living expenses god-help me if I have enough for premium for a few days let alone a new costume.

 

What I suggest would be to make the wardrobe free, BUT to sate those Premium VS Freemium egos of yours people I suggest making it so that you need to be Premium to store costumes that can only be found/bought on the NCStore. Heck, one costume needs you to have a 9900 NCoin worth of premium to get. After your premium ends and you lose your interest in that thing it would just be junk too-an expensive one at that. Character slots can stay as they are albeit the other countries this game came out on had more slots available on launch since it's one class only per character (I just hope they add one free slot if they insert new classes eventually but otherwise, I'd buy a ticket). Server transfer should be a one-time free thing since we're in the middle of a rocky launch (despite considering this game has been out for years), else you need to pay for it. Storage and inventory can stay as-is especially if the costume issues with wardrobe are settled nicely. Outfits need to have a balance in both categories, some are bought and some can be earned in-game through quests (not pvp for god's sake as not every player can be good at it and there will be complaints). They don't even give compensation for all the people inconvenienced by this problematic launch we had.

 

We can't please everyone, but we can compromise if we use our heads and bear humility as well as kindness.

As the Earthseers say, "There should be balance in everything.". Let's get along and have peace.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZigZack said:

even though this game is really old and NCSoft pretty much didn't have to do anything but translate and get the game working on their servers.

 

Because translation, re-writing code, westernizing game mechanics, purchasing & maintaining servers, hiring support, and there's probably a plethora of other things  I missed/aren't aware about, come so easily without $$$

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 0kita said:

 

You do know that you can purchase costumes with the in-game shop currency and not use real money?

cool so where am i going to put all these outfits? not in my inventory or bank cuz thats gonna take lots of space.

also i'm not going to waste $15 per month just to be able to store my hard earned bought outfits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZigZack said:

cool so where am i going to put all these outfits? not in my inventory or bank cuz thats gonna take lots of space.

also i'm not going to waste $15 per month just to be able to store my hard earned bought outfits.

 

Then you can clear out inventory space by getting rid of things that aren't truly needed or make a bank mule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Saneca said:

The fact of the matter is that costumes (at least the main faction ones) are vital to completing in-game quests and those are stuck in your inventory/vault. While I agree about premiums players complaining about freemium players feeling entitled to services, let's not forget we're only talking about the wardrobe function here. As others have said, the wardrobe was and IS free for the other countries this game came out years ago on. I see nothing wrong with having skins/clothes go where they should go and not be intrusive to gameplay.

 

Let's admit it, this game will and have cosmetics as one of the main attractions (I bow to Kim Tae Hyung on his exquisite artistry), but making that wardrobe function free won't detract from the actual benefits a premium subscription would give which is the bonus exp, stamina, windstride gfx, and all that other stuff that actually affect your leveling (and do know that the insignia shop discounts are a big thing). Sure, expanding stash isn't that hard provided you can garner enough pouches and coin but the pouch thing is based on surveys and the Daily Dash at most else the Hongmoon Coin rondo of processes. The time you'll spend sorting out your full inventory as a freemium pondering on which outfit to destroy and which to keep is better off spent actually playing the game and seeing those costumes in action--premiums will out-level you eventually anyway on other fields where they have the advantage.

 

Aesthetics is meant to be an attracting factor and not a burden. This is a game that will and will put costumes into your inventory no matter what. Having a little free feature to dump those things while you focus on those RNG drop boxes people apparently farm hundreds of times per area isn't and shouldn't be that big of a deal unless you're too full of yourself with ego exp for feeling entitled as "being a premium". Besides, it's a game meant for a wide variety of audiences and not many parents will go spending hard-earned bucks on a premium service for their unemployed-student children when they already pay for the electricity and the internet (not to mention the pizza and cola they eat while playing). I work myself and I spend most of my money for living expenses god-help me if I have enough for premium for a few days let alone a new costume.

 

What I suggest would be to make the wardrobe free, BUT to sate those Premium VS Freemium egos of yours people I suggest making it so that you need to be Premium to store costumes that can only be found/bought on the NCStore. Heck, one costume needs you to have a 9900 NCoin worth of premium to get. After your premium ends and you lose your interest in that thing it would just be junk too-an expensive one at that. Character slots can stay as they are albeit the other countries this game came out on had more slots available on launch since it's one class only per character (I just hope they add one free slot if they insert new classes eventually but otherwise, I'd buy a ticket). Server transfer should be a one-time free thing since we're in the middle of a rocky launch (despite considering this game has been out for years), else you need to pay for it. Storage and inventory can stay as-is especially if the costume issues with wardrobe are settled nicely. Outfits need to have a balance in both categories, some are bought and some can be earned in-game through quests (not pvp for god's sake as not every player can be good at it and there will be complaints). They don't even give compensation for all the people inconvenienced by this problematic launch we had.

 

We can't please everyone, but we can compromise if we use our heads and bear humility as well as kindness.

As the Earthseers say, "There should be balance in everything.". Let's get along and have peace.

 

 

 

We should all send this to NCSoft support. Maybe then they will listen.  Kudos for a great post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 0kita said:

 

Then you can clear out inventory space by getting rid of things that aren't truly needed or make a bank mule.

 

Which means you have to purchase additional character/bank/inventory slots, this doesn't circumvent the issue. This would also mean you'd have to mail three items at a time to the alt and they would have to be crafting mats as 95% of costumes are untrable meaning you'd have to trade mats back if you wanted to craft, again, three at a time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 0kita said:

 

Because translation, re-writing code, westernizing game mechanics, purchasing & maintaining servers, hiring support, and there's probably a plethora of other things  I missed/aren't aware about, come so easily without $$$

didn't know this was NCSoft's only game and they're poor and have to got out of their way to make outfit storage paywall.

what i wanna know is why all you high horsed premium members are afraid of? you're not going to lose wardrobe access...  even after you choose to stop being a member if you choose to do so you'll still have access and some of us even coined idea's on what they could do to replace or give us some space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Snoway said:

the game wont be exist without the p2p players

 

solution for all the mad f2p playes = stfu and buy primum 

 

1 minute ago, ZigZack said:

didn't know this was NCSoft's only game and they're poor and have to got out of their way to make outfit storage paywall.

what i wanna know is why all you high horsed premium members are afraid of? you're not going to lose wardrobe access...  even after you choose to stop being a member if you choose to do so you'll still have access and some of us even coined idea's on what they could do to replace or give us some space.

And cmon, the translation actually SUCKS. 

What's with the "DEFENDED" "BLOCKED" or "whatever do what you want" merchant NPC's voice acting?

The other regions FULLY translated all the quests (blue ones included) and all we get is some half-arsed main quest voice acting. 

CHEAP MOVE. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so wardrobe should be free right? I guess you can do that ... Make it free like most "costume inventory" in most f2p (We don't count those with none or those that you need to buy cash shop items to make it bigger) .

But than again we should remove all the costumes from drops (or at least the good ones and leave a handful of them) and add them to the cash shop JUST LIKE almost every f2p mmorpg out there.

 

Is it that hard to comprehend that wardrobe is the most important part of the membership? I've seen comments like 

"Wardrobe should be free, wardrobe and queue is the only reason i have premium anyway". This is exactly the reason why they shouldn't make it free. 

 

Queue will be gone in the coming weeks making wardrobe the only reason anyone would pay for membership. Why else pay? For an icon next to my name that i want to remove anyway but i cant? For the flying things around me that drops fps even more when i run? For the shop you never use because dismantle is better 9/10 times then selling?

Yes, indeed exp gain and some discounts are pretty good too but they are currently no big deal since it ain't hard to reach end game.

 

We don't get any benefits from having all the outfits other then having it easy to access if we ever want to change looks. Free players can rely on 1 costume for pvp and one for daily use. The rest just drop/sell or just store in wh as much as you can .

 

or even better...

 

Pay the *cricket*ing sub.

 

Edited by Rey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its an F2P they have to make money in some kind of way in order to keep the game running.  They seem to be trying to do it in a way that is fair. So there has to be some kind of perk without making P2P OP. The wardrobe is just one of them and it really should stay that way.  This is by far the most balanced F2P I've ever played

Edited by Krisnetz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...