Forums

Wardrobe access for non-premium players

Termy

4 minutes ago, YonHyakuNiju said:

You completely missed my point, I was being sarcastic towards the poster.

Well, to be fair, the original statement makes sense without sarcasm.

You maybe want the costumes. So you pay for the premium, and then for the costumes. And then you realise that you're spending too much in a game and then stop buying costumes... and then you don't need the premium. But then you see new costumes... and in this point you just give up and go play another thing.

Maybe a MMORPG with subscription fee than in the end is less expensive.

For those we don't get it.

It is like paying for new dungeons (costumes) and then pay monthly to be able to play in them (wardrobe), this is where the friction comes from.

Like mentioned it is counter productive, NCsoft wants to sell outfits and then on the other hand limit how many you can buy because of the storage space.

Also many people have a "wallet" they are willing to spend monthly on a game, lets assume that is around the $15 which is really reasonable since that either buys you a sub or in game goodies in f2p games.

However in BNS if you want to buy those fancy outfits... you also need to have the wardrobe to store them and that will put it over budget.

Many will decide not to buy anything then most likely and spend their money else where.

10 hours ago, ShendivaScarlet said:

+1 Hmm lets see: isnt it because of premium members (founders, donaters etc.) that People like you can Play this game ENTIERELY free??? Just came to my mind... :D

"People like you"
What are you? Some VIP developer? Aren't you playing this game "ENTIRELY" free as well? Gross. 

30 minutes ago, Anvh said:

For those we don't get it.

It is like paying for new dungeons (costumes) and then pay monthly to be able to play in them (wardrobe), this is where the friction comes from.

Like mentioned it is counter productive, NCsoft wants to sell outfits and then on the other hand limit how many you can buy because of the storage space.

Also many people have a "wallet" they are willing to spend monthly on a game, lets assume that is around the $15 which is really reasonable since that either buys you a sub or in game goodies in f2p games.

However in BNS if you want to buy those fancy outfits... you also need to have the wardrobe to store them and that will put it over budget.

Many will decide not to buy anything then most likely and spend their money else where.

You ARE RIGHT .. BUT 

there aren't enough reasons to sub .. IF they make wardrobe free they HAVE to give something to the premium member ot make it worth the bother and then it will just be another shine fest about something else OR an incredible drop in subs

the outfits are great for influx money when they come out but subs are a constant income 

1 minute ago, Jyns said:

"People like you"
What are you? Some VIP developer? Aren't you playing this game "ENTIRELY" free as well? Gross. 

and just to mention NO i AM paying a sub myself .. I a like to support games i play to help in development and like to get the added options like say wardrobe

The only thing I see in this thread is whining, if you are willing to collect every costume in the game, including cash shop ones which would cost you quite a penny, then you are insane if you can't accept that this is something that is not needed to enjoy the game. If you want to spend tons of $ to buy costumes, shell out a bit more for a premium.

If you are one of the people complaining about faction outfits then you are silly as well. The only faction outfits you should really care about are the crimson and cerulean ones, which you only need one of. This is not to say if you're interested in the other factions go for it. But the amount of costumes that are faction specific is not enough to warrant free wardrobe.

If you want wardrobe pay for it, if you don't want it just get better at managing your inventory, it's not that hard.

Well, my suggestion if you can afford to pay $ to get costume but against paying monthly to get wardrobe is:

1. Get the dragon trade pouch x23 set  (which cost less then any costume)

2. Open slot on your vault with those pouch

3. Store your collectable in there

4. Now you don't pay monthly and you have extra space

5. Problem resolved

Edited by Silverium

Maybe someone here can answer my question~?

If I have Premium right now and i put everything into wardrobe and then my premium expires -- when i renew my premium weeks later, will I still have access to all my outfits?
Or do I need to save them from deletion? 

I have no qualms about paying for premium or not having access to the wardrobe.
I'm just worried that if my premium expires before I can pay again, will the items still be there for when i get premium again? 

18 minutes ago, EpicAki said:

Maybe someone here can answer my question~?

If I have Premium right now and i put everything into wardrobe and then my premium expires -- when i renew my premium weeks later, will I still have access to all my outfits?
Or do I need to save them from deletion? 

I have no qualms about paying for premium or not having access to the wardrobe.
I'm just worried that if my premium expires before I can pay again, will the items still be there for when i get premium again? 

When your premium ends your outfits remain in the wardrobe and you can still take them out just not put anymore in.  So they are not deleted or anything like that.

1 minute ago, QuintessenceHD said:

When your premium ends your outfits remain in the wardrobe and you can still take them out just not put anymore in.  So they are not deleted or anything like that.

Thank you~ This is so good to know. :)

Some people here are to narrow minded or cant see the big picture of a free model. That being said, they are still crossing the line. Limiting functions of a game (which I even paid for with a initiate pack) without being a premium member is NOT DONE. Benefits are something TOTALLY different then functions of a game. Not even mentioning the other games that tried this concept and failed horribly + it was designed for non premium but then changed it specially for EU and NA.
 I can go much much more in detail but I hope most here see the picture, That they shouldn't have crossed this line and I do hope EU and NA will reject it like the other times else we give a sign that it is ok and they move even further.

Cheers ^^

Edited by Haradeas

Here we go again. I really don't want to reply but some of you fanboys get on my nerves. 

First off, I don't understand why almost everyone on premium thinks that all of us F2P are leeches. We're not. Some of us are more than willing to tell NC to shut up and take our money had they monetized the wardrobe in a better way. I can be a whale if I want to -- heck, I bought the most expensive pack for GW2's HoT last year -- but I disagree with some of the things that NCSoft has chosen to do, hence I'm withholding my money. 

I find it quite absurd that a game that panders to costume collectors makes us pay to store them while hoping that we pay between USD10-15 for each character-bound costume. And no, I really don't think the general storage we have now is anywhere sufficient to store more than 200 costumes. Yes, some of us are that hard core when it comes to aesthetics. I know some of you don't think wardrobe is necessary because you say that you have premium and you don't use the wardrobe, etc. But some of us are that passionate about costumes and collecting them, so sue us. 

I'm in generally unhappy about both character-bound costumes and wardrobe, but knowing that wardrobe is free on other servers is also galling. Many of you point to premium wardrobe or p2w, but is it really guaranteed? Do we have a staff saying what exactly are the trade offs for having a free wardrobe? Personally, I'm more than willing to pay for permanent wardrobe unlocks, and I'll  be buying costumes if I know I didn't have to pay extra monthlyBut now it's bundled together with things I don't even care for, which results in a price I'm not willing to pay every single month.

Call it a psychological thing, but I'm 100% not spending a cent in this game until this wardrobe issue is resolved.

14 minutes ago, SnowBloom said:

Here we go again. I really don't want to reply but some of you fanboys get on my nerves. 

First off, I don't understand why almost everyone on premium thinks that all of us F2P are leeches. We're not. Some of us are more than willing to tell NC to shut up and take our money had they monetized the wardrobe in a better way. I can be a whale if I want to -- heck, I bought the most expensive pack for GW2's HoT last year -- but I disagree with some of the things that NCSoft has chosen to do, hence I'm withholding my money. 

I find it quite absurd that a game that panders to costume collectors makes us pay to store them while hoping that we pay between USD10-15 for each character-bound costume. And no, I really don't think the general storage we have now is anywhere sufficient to store more than 200 costumes. Yes, some of us are that hard core when it comes to aesthetics. I know some of you don't think wardrobe is necessary because you say that you have premium and you don't use the wardrobe, etc. But some of us are that passionate about costumes and collecting them, so sue us. 

I'm in generally unhappy about both character-bound costumes and wardrobe, but knowing that wardrobe is free on other servers is also galling. Many of you point to premium wardrobe or p2w, but is it really guaranteed? Do we have a staff saying what exactly are the trade offs for having a free wardrobe? Personally, I'm more than willing to pay for permanent wardrobe unlocks, and I'll  be buying costumes if I know I didn't have to pay extra monthlyBut now it's bundled together with things I don't even care for, which results in a price I'm not willing to pay every single month.

Call it a psychological thing, but I'm 100% not spending a cent in this game until this wardrobe issue is resolved.

Actually, there has been no actual staff guaranteeing a p2w model if wardrobes came free to everyone. It's more of a common sense thing.

Would a company continue to shell out money to run a server on stable premium services subscribers or risk rollercoaster rides in it's stock market where potential investors find unattractive to invest in? I wish more people knew how companies function.

It looks like this has been debated to death already, but I'll throw my opinion into the mix as a premium player...

One important thing to consider is that outfit and adornment items are unique in that they're not consumable, so they're always going to take up space somewhere and won't make way for anything new unless you discard them - or have wardrobe access. This combined with the fact you'll typically only use 2-3 items from your wardrobe at a time makes using regular storage for the rest very frustrating, because that space is permanently "lost".

Some will read that and think "yes, that's the point, you pay for the convenience", but not having wardrobe access isn't just a matter of inconvenience, it's frustrating - ESPECIALLY if you bought outfits from the store (some of which aren't cheap, being almost equivalent to a month's subscription). It's like the game is trolling you; "Oh, you bought some pretty outfits? That's nice. Too bad you can't put them in the wardrobe without subscribing too!"

That frustration is only going to become bigger as time goes on, because we're only going to receive more and more outfits, many of them via the store.

That said, I think they should have designed the limits differently, like so:

1. Make the wardrobe accessible to everyone.
  2. Make outfits and adornments unlockable, so right-clicking them removes the item and unlocks the corresponding outfit or adornment in the wardrobe. Equipping something would just be a matter of right-clicking it in the wardrobe. (Think along the lines of minions in FFXIV)
  3. Adjust the cost of expanding the existing storage tabs; maybe make it a little more expensive towards the top or bottom of both tabs. Either that or increase the cost of Dragon Trade Pouches in the store by a tiny amount.
  4. Introduce a third, premium-only tab. It wouldn't necessarily have to be full-size; it could be half of the normal size, or still require Dragon Trade Pouches to expand.

While we're at it, I also think they should do away with the NCoin "packages" and just let us buy them in any quantity; a lot of people, myself included, would be more inclined to spend money in the store that way, not less, because we like having control over our spending.

Anyway, with those changes I think the result would be less frustration for everyone while still retaining some incentive to buy and keep premium for storage benefits. If your premium membership ends, you can at least withdraw consumables from the premium storage tab and use them - so you don't end up with an even bigger storage crisis, but you do still have a desire to keep your premium going. It's just less annoying, and NCsoft wouldn't lose out.

Unfortunately I think we're too far down the line to see anything quite like that, but with any luck NCsoft will tweak the limits over time.

Edited by Riari

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2016 at 11:21 PM, Kensho1996 said:

You ARE RIGHT .. BUT 

there aren't enough reasons to sub .. IF they make wardrobe free they HAVE to give something to the premium member ot make it worth the bother and then it will just be another shine fest about something else OR an incredible drop in subs

No they don't

You know what they do in Japan. They have a cheaper sub with less in it, and if you buy 3 months you get a special outfit.

You get all extra's from day 1 you do not need to collect "premium points" to unlock things.

The ability to access the bank from everywhere is a really nice one to have.

I so dislike the EU/NA model... :/

On 28/01/2016 at 6:08 AM, Silverium said:

Well, my suggestion if you can afford to pay $ to get costume but against paying monthly to get wardrobe is:

1. Get the dragon trade pouch x23 set  (which cost less then any costume)

2. Open slot on your vault with those pouch

3. Store your collectable in there

4. Now you don't pay monthly and you have extra space

5. Problem resolved

Yeah, you can but you still don't have much room.

there are so many things you need to collect for upgrading and things you get which you dont want to throw away.

This only gets more and more the more content we get.