Wardrobe access for non-premium players

Termy

Premium-only access to the wardrobe is the cost of having the NA/EU version of Blade and Soul not being P2W.  That's the trade, and unfortunately that's how they are choosing to draw people to the premium account services.

I'm a premium user and I'm for allowing free accounts to use the wardrobe.

EXP gains, loot gains, etc... should be enough to warrant going Premium.

I'm really against walling off access to things behind paywalls.

I think Premium should've came with some more character slots, too.  This whole waiting a week to delete a character when I only have 2 slots is pretty shit.

They need to make it so that you can store Soul Shields in the Soul Shield menu similar to the Wardrobe function.  That'd be pretty handy, too.

Shooting themselves in the foot with putting the wardrobe in the premium benefits. Right now it's just a lure to get people to buy premium but at the same time it stops a fair number of those who aren't interested in premium from buying cash shop costumes. This because there isn't any place to store them as the inventory and vault doesn't realistically have any room for collectibles. That's why the wardrobe was created in the first place. On top of that they take away one of the reasons for people to keep grinding places at end game. Namely collecting outfits. Which is a big thing in this game for a good number of players, if I'm to believe what I've seen and heard.

They could just not do that, and make premium interesting in other ways that doesn't impede the will to play or buy cash shop items from part of their playerbase. I'd settle for a one time unlock on the cash shop for the wardrobe however as it doesn't have to be free. But paying a subscription for it is really unattractive.

And Taiwan was selling at our patch soulstones in cash shop every weekend.And big pack of them on discounts.Would you love end game material that is literally needed for everything to be cash shoped? Well I don't mind,but free things mean they have to find a variant to make money.

At the begining we didn't had wardrobe or whatever in Taiwan - we are alive.In fact I'm premium(master pack) and I already spend A LOT money in the game AND I NEVER USED SO FAR THE WARDROBE.Why? Because I don't need it.Unlike you I'm not hobo to save every useless thing in the game.And I'm skin *cricket* like most of you,but guess what? I don't need F3 to have enough space for everything worth having it.

Whats next? F2P Loaders demanding selling from everywhere in f5 and use WH everywherE? C'mon now...

So if a store is giving for free shoes from brand A you would go and demand brand B that is only for premium(Paying) customers because FRANKY IS NOT FAIR to get free but not from best quality shoes and you want the best,of course for free.

Why does this sound so America to me?

20 minutes ago, NorsteinBekkler said:

EXP gains, loot gains, etc... should be enough to warrant going Premium.

I have to disagree.  Currently, the only reasons I see to go premium are the wardrobe, and (at least for now) the queue priority.  The latter is probably only going to be important for the next week or three.

90% of most modern MMO's (Including this one) you level ridiculously fast in anyways.  Getting an xp bonus is absolutely no incentive at all.  (Heck, half the MMO's I play I'd almost be willing to pay more for an xp reduction.  Playing GW2, I'm almost lvl 40 after finishing the lvl 15 areas.  I strongly suspect I'll be level capped by the time I finish the lvl 25 ones.)

That said, I definitely agree you should be able to individually purchase wardrobe slot unlocks, and buying an outfit from the cashshop should automatically unlock it's slot.

I would ask you the same question once we have 50 HM 10(in ~ 3 months) if you still think is ridiculously fast.In fact XP bonus packs wasn't working for HM levels,or atleast in Asia.And to get 50 +20 it will take you 1 year,and if you casual - just forget about it.

Edited by Teffy

1 minute ago, GnatB said:

That said, I definitely agree you should be able to individually purchase wardrobe slot unlocks, and buying an outfit from the cashshop should automatically unlock it's slot.

If no other suitable benefit was found to replace the wardrobe access, then I think I could definitely be down for that. Say premium gets unlimited Wardrobe access, FTP can buy from hongmoon store say 10 slots for 400? Or something along those lines.

2 hours ago, Teffy said:

And Taiwan was selling at our patch soulstones in cash shop every weekend.And big pack of them on discounts.Would you love end game material that is literally needed for everything to be cash shoped? Well I don't mind,but free things mean they have to find a variant to make money.

At the begining we didn't had wardrobe or whatever in Taiwan - we are alive.In fact I'm premium(master pack) and I already spend A LOT money in the game AND I NEVER USED SO FAR THE WARDROBE.Why? Because I don't need it.Unlike you I'm not hobo to save every useless thing in the game.And I'm skin *cricket* like most of you,but guess what? I don't need F3 to have enough space for everything worth having it.

Whats next? F2P Loaders demanding selling from everywhere in f5 and use WH everywherE? C'mon now...

So if a store is giving for free shoes from brand A you would go and demand brand B that is only for premium(Paying) customers because FRANKY IS NOT FAIR to get free but not from best quality shoes and you want the best,of course for free.

Why does this sound so America to me?

So you would be okay with, let's say, only allowing free players to play Destroyer?

Only allowing free players to participate in dungeons pre-45?

Only allowing free players to spar for PvP?

Etc...

Hiding features of the game behind paywalls is just poor design.

There are plenty of ways of making profit on games that don't include penny-pinching or pigeon-holing your playerbase into feeling forced to go premium just to have an "okay" experience.

Edited by NorsteinBekkler

I do not mind that you need to "give" something to NCsoft in order to get features.

I'm perfectly fine that you will unlock the wardrobe permanently when you hit premium level 1 or 2, or that you need to pay a small fee to unlock it permanently.

The problem with the current model is that you are "renting" the storage witch is kinda absurd thinking how big a part the outfits are in this game and how they are used for events in other regions. So why should you buy that nice outfit or put effort in that event for that outfit IF YOU DONT HAVE ROOM TO STORE IT?

This mean less people coming back doing these events, spending less money in the store ect.

Other problem is with more released content you will collect even more items that you can not throw away because you need them to advance in the game.

Do you know how much the upper sharks of this company/business in general,care for freeloaders? They have families,they have employees,even fcking toilet cleaners that for fck sake demand payment/sallary every month,what an actual fck? How dare few hundred of people or thousands to demand fcking sallary - GAME SHOULD Be Completly Free and the bills to be payed from OBAMA/MERKEL/OLAND etc....right...

You really remind me of like someone before said - those people on benefits demanding to go on holliday,buy booze etc with them.

Ok they give wardrobe for free,but what that mean? Oh right let them copy something from the so lovely Taiwan and JApan you freeloaders love soo much - RNG boxes and end game materials(of any type) in cash shop.Lovely.Can't wait to buy 2-3k hae mujin souls from Cash shop when price will be around 10g(wont tell you when is that)/each and buy Dragon Tiger.Or moonstones when price of them will be 15g per.Or reset orbs for that instance you farm for legendary skills/pledges to make guild doboks,etc.Yeah lovely why not....or now hwen most people go mad on soul crystals just to buy 2k of them and sell just like in Taiwan for 80 silver each.

I'm aware thats little too much,so just take what we have and stfu or go infront of some of the markets like Walmart and fight with the kids to return abandoned trolleys with money inside(Dunno hows that in America tbh - but in Eu to get one you have to put 1euro :D)and buy premium.Wont take you more then few days.I often abandon mine with 1 euro in it.

Edited by Teffy

Wardrobe should absolutely be behind premium access. It gives Premium an important perk that people will pay for and generates money for the game. The wardrobe is not game breaking but a true convenience item. As for the premium perks, they are only active when you have premium on your account. If you lose premium, you do not lose the perks, but you do not get the benefits they provide. 

After awhile the gold and the experience bonuses will no longer be a large selling point for premium, but wardrobe function will always be important. I would rather have that then p2w items in the game to help support it. 

Just now, Teffy said:

Do you know how much the upper sharks of this company/business in general,care for freeloaders? They have families,they have employees,even fcking toilet cleaners that for fck sake demand payment/sallary every month,what an actual fck? How dare few hundred of people or thousands to demand fcking sallary - GAME SHOULD Be Completly Free and the bills to be payed from OBAMA/MERKEL/OLAND etc....right...

You really remind me of like someone before said - those people on benefits demanding to go on holliday,buy booze etc with them.

You're not serious, right? Please, tell me that you're just trolling. Please.

6 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

You're not serious, right? Please, tell me that you're just trolling. Please.

I played other regions and I'm aware hows there,and I worked for big sharks and I know hows there.There is few exceptions that give a damn about ther employes but hey not everyone is working for Google you know?

However compare our version to Asia and what is the pluses and minuses.So what do you like more? Free wardrobe with cash shop materials and rng boxes or wardrobe behind 10$ ?

13 minutes ago, Teffy said:

I played other regions and I'm aware hows there,and I worked for big sharks and I know hows there.There is few exceptions that give a damn about ther employes but hey not everyone is working for Google you know?

However compare our version to Asia and what is the pluses and minuses.So what do you like more? Free wardrobe with cash shop materials and rng boxes or wardrobe behind 10$ ?

I really hate the gacha boxes. They got overboard with those things in Tera. Worst thing ever.

But, I don't want the wardrobe for free. I want to make a payment to unlock. Paying premium to get it, is like paying a regular MMORPG sub.

I can play without wardrobe just fine and I'm master pack owner(my gf is too and we both didn't used it so far)....I played in Taiwan few months before they introduce it.Korea played p2p with expensive costumes and no wardrobe for years,did they survive? Well I guess they did.

You are not forced to use it.I would understand people complaining about dragon pouches being expensive for example(I find price fine,but thats me) as it cost about 6.5k coins to unlock all your inventory.

Edited by Teffy

Just now, Teffy said:

I can play without wardrobe just fine and I'm master pack owner(my gf is too and we both didn't used it so far)....I played in Taiwan few months before they introduce it.Korea played p2p with expensive costumes and no wardrobe for years,did they survive? Well I guess they did.

But that's not fun.

I still find it funny how this is such a huge issue for free players, if you've ever played any other f2p mmo's did you demand full inventory or bank slots for free?

The wardrobe feature is purely convenience and is not a necessity to have. If you can't afford to pay a small amount of money for quite a few benefits, how can you afford buying a costume?

If you really want to, buy premium once, put everything in and there you have it, you got your wardrobe.

1 hour ago, Teffy said:

Why that's not fun? Why to put my costumes in there and spend few min looking where is this or that when I can see all of them on my second vault tab and just find what I want by the colour of it?

Because having a wardrobe where you have your costumes and you can switch between them when you want is fun.

Not having it is not as fun.

1 hour ago, WhiteCrow said:

I still find it funny how this is such a huge issue for free players, if you've ever played any other f2p mmo's did you demand full inventory or bank slots for free?

The wardrobe feature is purely convenience and is not a necessity to have. If you can't afford to pay a small amount of money for quite a few benefits, how can you afford buying a costume?

If you really want to, buy premium once, put everything in and there you have it, you got your wardrobe.

But you need to pay for premium every time. Or you wardrobe is gone.

So in the end is the pay to play model. Except that you still has to buy the nice costumes.

2 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Because having a wardrobe where you have your costumes and you can switch between them when you want is fun.

Not having it is not as fun.

But you need to pay for premium every time. Or you wardrobe is gone.

So in the end is the pay to play model. Except that you still has to buy the nice costumes.

A costume inventory locked behind a subscription does not make the game pay to play, and if your premium expires then the outfits stay in there. Unless you take them out, you don't need to use up any space.

My argument still stands, this is a convenience feature and it should stay locked to people who pay for the convenience.