Feature Request: #1 Large Block List - #2 Auto Block search patterns

Confido

Hallo B&S Team, 

firstly i want to thank you for this great game. It's much appreciated to migrate it to european / us standards. Challenge accepted, challenge completed :-)

Regarding the FR:

We have a massive problem with gold sellers. They spam all over the place and its our first dayli quest to block them. 

I would like to have #1 a quick win and #2 a plannable change

#1 Please expand the block list to 5000 or more blocks. Firstly use a local check. In a further step you could save some bandwith just by checking the list and auto ban spammers, if you give us an option to select a most common block reason (gold selling spam for example). If more than n users are blocking, than you could ban them and remove them from block lists. 

Additionally: If you ban, please send out deletion requests to clients. But the benefit is very low, if the list is locally that large (5000 instead of 50). The client should handle it. 

#2 Block search patterns. Please give is a possibility to create chat block search patterns. Than we could add the most annoying messages (like gold buy links) just by adding patterns. If somebody dont want to read messages like "join my guild XY", than he could feel free to filter them. It is a little effort for the programmers, but a huge win for the chat itself. 

The patters should be usable with easy wildcards like * to make it easily usable for everyone. 

Thank you so much for taking care. 

Stay tuned

Confi

THIS! I can use up my 50 blocks on gold spammers in the space of 10-15 minutes every single day and STILL not get them all. First off you need to start actually looking at spam reports. If you see even ONE text line with something about gold selling ban the frig out of the MAC address they are using. That is far better than any character ban and I'm sure you can log it. In the mean time just giving us far more than 50 blocks on block list would help a ton. That is unless you guys are actually in it with the gold sellers like half the people think you are. Seriously you guys are NOT helping your reputation any.

And now spammers have figured out how to make names that we can't even block. Some spammer with a website as their name (won't mention the site) is spamming Juwol as I type this and you can't add it's name to block list even manually. NCSoft needs to fix this ASAP.

19 minutes ago, Myridian said:

And now spammers have figured out how to make names that we can't even block. Some spammer with a website as their name (won't mention the site) is spamming Juwol as I type this and you can't add it's name to block list even manually. NCSoft needs to fix this ASAP.

I'm on Juwol as well and am unable to block the spammers that remain. This needs to not be a thing...

Archived