Petition: Chat Size Increase.

Novastar

For many reasons a single sentence or two is simply not enough. A lot of MMOs tend to have larger chat post sizes for whatever reason they might give. 

For now, Blade and Souls weaker point is it's chat limit. (I know there are other issues but Im focusing on this) To that End I am asking Devs to be made aware of the chat size limit and how small it really is.

Personally I am a roleplayer and the character creation, world and costumes are fantastic for this. (And Yes a lot of roleplayers enjoy costumes so much we farm for them, buy them in the cash store and flaunt them). However the chat limit is *cricket* poor for people like me to roleplay with. You have to break up even a basic reply into one or two messages just to fit the whole thing. I know a lot of roleplayers who would love to see this improved.

On the Non roleplay side, this is also bad for boss strategies, dungeon explanations and even coordinating things with your Clan. I know voice is an option for some of this. But especially with Pugs, or newbies. Its hard to wait for someone to type out multiple replies to get an explanation across.

Please NCsoft, look into this for those of us this affects.

+1.

/say, /party, /guild and even /whisper should be granted a much larger characterlimit. What you do with the other channels does not really matter (to me anyway). I can imagine wanting to keep the character limit in the other channels limited to combat spam, but the limitations on direct lines of communication between people who are in the same guild, party or vicinity should be more lenient. It bothers no one and you'd make a whole bunch of people happy.

+1

Not sure who decided that this limit was adequate but they were wrong. To be able to barely type one complete sentence (if even) is absurd. I would love to see an increase in chat limit, it almost seems mandatory at this point.

Down with the oppression, down with chat limits. Viva la revolution!

As a player who spends most of their time typing while listening to those on teamspeak I will agree hitting that character wall can be frustrating.

Honestly though, most of the time I hit that wall it becomes apparent I am not conveying myself effectively and I either backspace a little and continue part two, or I read what I said and find a way to condense it. Twitter experience also helps.

My statement aside, since it really doesn't effect my experience my personal opinion on the matter is that I would not mind the character limit increase.

+1 as well,

Also a roleplayer and hoping to see at least a larger character limit per message, also have noted friends and others saying messages that nearly reach limit are 'eaten up' by chat and don't ever reach the proper 'channel/recipient'.

Yes, please. I'm an RPer, so I'd really like to see this implemented. I understand the concerns with spam, but I'd like to at least see this done for /say chat where spam won't really be an issue. As the OP said, the character limit is so small that even outside from role-play, it's difficult to explain dungeons or other game mechanics, and sometimes it can even get in the way of idle conversation. /Region and /faction may not need longer chat limits if spam is that much of a concern, but it would be very helpful for /say, /party, and clan chat.

Archived