This MMO is so basic it hurts

spiritessence

I think it's best MMORPG out there at the moment. I have played Aion, TERA, WoD, Secret World, Guild Wars 2, ESO, Wildstar... The game it little rough around the edges and I haven't experienced current end game as I'm level 44 but overall it's way more fun to play than any of those games. World of Warcraft is a farmville simulator now. I can't share your opinions at all. PvP is very intense as it is, the combat doesn't need to be any more faster and I really like the animations. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, spiritessence said:

Combat animations are great in BnS, but the combat is slow. You dont have default block, you cant run fast during combat, you cant adjust your skill loadout, you can't interupt your own combos to adapt to a combat situation. Tera has ALL that. So while combat might be more visually impressive in some situations in BnS, there is no way in hell that Tera is worse. It has a more in depth and smooth combat system than BnS could ever have.

go back to TERAble fanboy

1 minute ago, spiritessence said:

I love when people insult others instead of trying to make a counter argument. It makes me feel like Im right.

im not here to argue with a tera fanboy troll that only made this post in hopes he'd get some replies and get to argue over tera and BnS.. gtfo kid.. run.. run home to 2dungeon a day tera

Opinions are opinions I guess, but I honestly really enjoy the story. If you've only hit 6 or 7.....that...that's not even out of the tutorial stage? Do you even read quests?
There's a lot there if you don't just "f" your way through things, especially as you get past where you apparently logged out. You can reach 7 in like 1 hour bro, Im not sure what you expect?

Maybe it's cliche but I mean,it's based on the concept of Wuxia and that's kind of like that it's supposed to be. A Wuxia story, where you can expect certain things to happen. like watching a detective show, and knowing someone's going to die, clues, blahblah solved, but Sherlock Holmes has been going strong for like a couple hundred years. Bns' story might be a bit cliche, but it's following the archetype well,

plus the story is better than Tera. I don't even know what tera's story is. And I have 8 65's :U

Tera does some things right, bns does other things right. They're different games

I haven't played tera since it went f2p but from what I remember the combat seemed more "true action combatnish?" in terms of how misses and hits seem to work for all abilties. In BnS it feels a bit more guided and there seem to be some unavoidable attacks. Still liking BnS so far though.

In terms of story I don't think it is meant to be complex at least to me it seams that the story itself doesn't take itself very serious and just tries to emulate the age old take revenge stories.

The character models seem fine to me. Sometimes the physics seem to go a bit overboard but they don't break the whole art style of the game.

NPCs Static - Yes pretty much.

Don't have a problem with the idle animation. (only paid attention to the one of my character (male lyn))

No complain about the cooldowns. They seem short enough for a pvp focused game.

Sure you can modify your abilities through the skilltree.

Not being able to use your sprint abilties during combat seems normal to me as far as mmos go.

39 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

"WAY too much emphasize on female characters"?

I would liked more emphasize in female characters. In fact, I would have made a game without male characters at all.

Go play that garbage, Scarlet Blade. Nothing but female characters, 100% of players are male. Pretty sad to be that thirsty though. I mean.. the game's not even good..

Just now, Execratione said:

Go play that garbage, Scarlet Blade. Nothing but female characters, 100% of players are male. Pretty sad to be that thirsty though. I mean.. the game's not even good..

Bah. You don't play as the girls but as an "operator" doing mission control. And there's plenty of male NPC.

@spiritessence

I would recommend playing more, around 15 you gain access to skill points that allow you to edit your character, things like that landmine can become a tossed bomb, and other moves get modified as well. Combat speeds up as you actually unlock all of your skills. The story start's off super generic good guy seeking revenge. I can tell you that the story has some twists and quite a bit of betrayal and death. Dungeon fights get more exciting lvl 20 and up.

I suggest this because some of the issues you put down are simply because you are a low level, Just like how playing TERA as a warrior before blade draw was clunky you need all your moves. I also love TERA's combat, Blade and Soul is like a mix of TERA's combat and a few attacks that function like a tab target game. If you get a little higher in level it really does mesh well.

1 hour ago, spiritessence said:

The combat system of Tera was fantastic and the scenery was a lot more impressive. They put more emphasize on PvE which is important in my opinion. It's a major portion of the game so it should be good. The combat is fast and skill based. Master block and attacks and you can solo a lot in that game. You can even interupt combos to adapt to a situation in combat. We also have BAMS (Big Ass Monsters) each with their own interesting mechanics. 

Tera is not perfect, and basic in some ways. But the combat system was fantastic for an action based mmo.

Died there, Tera fast paced? It's slow as a snail, you played Vindictus and tell me that Tera has an actually good combat system.

Let's not forget you have a trinity to cover any mistakes you make so you can just sit there and smash your keyboard, or those brainless dps classes that take no skill to use at all (reaper, gunner, brawler (don't even try to say it's not a dps class))

Op you do have some points here but 2 of them make you look like a raging kid that dont understand what he wants.

You say this game is over sexualized and then bring tera as a good game. Tera soing new classes for females onlly.

As for art of the game ,its taste. You cant say itsbad just becous you dont like it. Imo bns have one of the top character creators. Its go for an anime art style. 

So i hope you will one day find your mmo.

I disagree with OP

But i disagree more with the people saying bye to him

He was perfectly civil and theres no reason to be toxic

@OP

Tera was great before it became f2p. After that they made things ridiculously easy and it was unbearable. This game plays in a similar way but with a combo system. If you dont like that then theres no helping it but it is a twist on a similar game

Vindi is just hack and slash. I dont think a comparison can be made. For me it was boring

FFIV plays like a classic MMO. Its like a paid version of anything else you could get for free with prettier graphics and amazing character design. It was fun but nothing special IMO.

Im not sure why you didnt like the scenery. Ive been trying to find places to stand and take screenshots all over the place. Its not as pretty as some games but not awful by any means

It seems like most of your issue is the combat system not clicking with you. It happens with games.  I love playing fighters and am usually naturally great with certain characters (Hello Tager) but could never get into street fighter because it just didnt fit with me (I miss air blocking...)

Maybe try to level more to a point where things get more interesting as far as skill options and visuals or skip on to the next game

47 minutes ago, spiritessence said:

I think I logged out at lvl 6 or 7. Doesn't change the points that I made though, regardless of my levels.

Considering you're not even out of the initial tutorial stages for the game til lvl 17-20 when the skill trees are first unlocked, having issues with there being a lack of options at that point is on you, not the game. Absolutely no MMO gives you full access to everything that early in a game. And you can get to 6-7 in game without skipping anything in under an hour, easy. Otoh, if the game already rubs you wrong, there's really no point in sticking around for the long haul anyways. But the question I suppose needs to be asked is this: What class DID you choose to start with?

Regarding another point, later in the game you'll find almost every skill you have is, in fact, interruptible to react, and quite a few allow for animation skipping when timed right.

I'm pretty sure every single class gains a [down][down] backwards dodge pretty early, and for Force Master, I know the skill is modifiable into an actual counter skill too, though the fact that the left and right dodges for every class seem to be content locked is more than a little baffling.

I'll never understand threads like this.  "So I've been playing this game for a grand total of 1 hour, game sucks, story sucks, combat sucks character models sucks, game is ded."  This is literally your entire post.

4 minutes ago, Yancha said:

I disagree with OP

But i disagree more with the people saying bye to him

He was perfectly civil and theres no reason to be toxic

@OP

Tera was great before it became f2p. After that they made things ridiculously easy and it was unbearable. This game plays in a similar way but with a combo system. If you dont like that then theres no helping it but it is a twist on a similar game

Vindi is just hack and slash. I dont think a comparison can be made. For me it was boring

I don't think he has to leave per say unless he really dislikes everything about the game this early.

Vindictus is an entirely fair comparison because it is an action based mmo, you can't deny that at all, hack and slash is action, you'd understand that if you had to deal with the twitch fest of Iset. The problem with comparing BnS to Tera is that they are both just as slow. But the difference is that to me BnS actually feels rewarding for doing well unlike Tera which you have a healer who can heal so hard you can heal through mechs, Tera as a whole is so disgusting as game right now between the new classes, the constant nerfs to content, and the overly toxic community.

Archived