This MMO is so basic it hurts

spiritessence

Greetings!

This is a ranty feedback. Use it as you wish

So I gave this game a try. My friend started playing it, I was bored and was looking for a new game to invest my time in, and from the videos I saw, this game looked really good. But I was so wrong. This is just another basic mmo, with slightly better graphics and slightly better combat.

Issues according to me:
- Weak story (The story is so basic it hurts)

- Terrible character models

- Scenery is unimpressive and boring to look at

- NPC's are VERY static and does nothing interesting

- Enemies are gathered nicely like a bunch of cattle on each field

- Ability animations are fine, but idle animations are a joke

- We don't have default dodge

- Cooldowns are long and slows down the combat
- We can't modify our skill tree but instead are forced to use our basic ones, while the rest are locked behind combos

- We can't interupt skills and adapt to combat situations

- The assassin has a freaking landmine......

- Slow movement speed during combat

- WAY too much emphasize on female characters 

I could go on with this list but I wont. Bottom line, the game looks better than older mmos, and the combat is a step forward from turn based combat. But considering we have games like Tera, Vindictus and FFXIV, I simply don't understand why anyone would play this game. It's so basic, there is nothing unique or innovative about it. Hell the game was suppossedly great because of its combat system, but I found it slow, dull and extremely unengaging. 

So that's it for me. I won't be playing this game. 

Guh-bye

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it's your opinion, this game is very centered around the PVP aspect with the factions for world PVP and arena. It was very clear from the beginning that the MMORPG elements were toned down and minimized, I personally don't care much for story and PVE so I'm fine with playing the game. Not to discredit your points though, I do love FFXIV, but, I think most people can agree the PVP in that game is very bad, so I can go to FFXIV for story/PVE/Deep crafting/ all that stuff, while I can come here to PVP. 

It's not for everyone and IMO the game was overhyped, but, it meets my expectations, I personally find Vindictus too clunky for my taste and Tera in general I don't like. Coming from someone who purely enjoys the PVP aspect of like 95% of games I play though, it's no league or DOTA, but, it's something different, it's 1v1 engaging combat similar to what you'd find in a fighting game. 

Whenever I talk about this game I say, it's like the Street Fighter of MMOs, you don't go to SF for story, or characters or scenery, or any of that, you go to play and compete and IMO the 1v1 aspect of an MMO was lacking and B&S brings it better than any MMO out there.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but, hey if you don't like it, have a nice life bud. 

6 minutes ago, Flareon said:

While it's your opinion, this game is very centered around the PVP aspect with the factions for world PVP and arena. It was very clear from the beginning that the MMORPG elements were toned down and minimized, I personally don't care much for story and PVE so I'm fine with playing the game. Not to discredit your points though, I do love FFXIV, but, I think most people can agree the PVP in that game is very bad, so I can go to FFXIV for story/PVE/Deep crafting/ all that stuff, while I can come here to PVP. 

It's not for everyone and IMO the game was overhyped, but, it meets my expectations, I personally find Vindictus too clunky for my taste and Tera in general I don't like. Coming from someone who purely enjoys the PVP aspect of like 95% of games I play though, it's no league or DOTA, but, it's something different, it's 1v1 engaging combat similar to what you'd find in a fighting game. 

Whenever I talk about this game I say, it's like the Street Fighter of MMOs, you don't go to SF for story, or characters or scenery, or any of that, you go to play and compete and IMO the 1v1 aspect of an MMO was lacking and B&S brings it better than any MMO out there.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but, hey if you don't like it, have a nice life bud. 

Why have 200 hours of content if it's suppossed to be wasted away in order to get to the good part of the game? If it's THIS centered around pvp, they should ditch pve all together.

3 minutes ago, spiritessence said:

Why have 200 hours of content if it's suppossed to be wasted away in order to get to the good part of the game? If it's THIS centered around pvp, they should ditch pve all together.

Not really how Korean MMOs work though, the aspects have to be there unfortunately the Korean market is too over saturated with games for a game that doesn't at least try to do everything to succeed, they did put in some cool themes and tried to not make it completely throw away IMO, but, it's clear where the the main meat of the product is, However, B&S was initially never gonna go outside of Korea, but, did eventually get a release so it definitely stuck with the players over there and did things right.

I'm not gonna sit here and try to convince you though if you don't like it, don't play, not much to be said. 

Just now, Flareon said:

Not really how Korean MMOs work though, the aspects have to be there unfortunately the Korean market is too over saturated with games for a game that doesn't at least try to do everything to succeed, they did put in some cool themes and tried to not make it completely throw away IMO, but, it's clear where the the main meat of the product is, However, B&S was initially never gonna go outside of Korea, but, did eventually get a release so it definitely stuck with the players over there and did things right.

I'm not gonna sit here and try to convince you though if you don't like it, don't play, not much to be said. 

No I appreciate the fact you address what I said. I made a discussion to be discussed.

4 minutes ago, spiritessence said:

No I appreciate the fact you address what I said. I made a discussion to be discussed.

Yeah I pretty much said all I could though, I like the game but it's not for everyone and unfortunately a lot of the negativity lately can IMO be explained by, the game was over hyped. So while I will try and defend the aspects I enjoy, I won't sit here and tell you it's jesus himself in MMO form, it's not for everyone but I think it has enough of a niche to thrive. 

1 minute ago, cactusberry said:

I honestly don't understand how this game is "basic" but TERA isn't.

The combat system of Tera was fantastic and the scenery was a lot more impressive. They put more emphasize on PvE which is important in my opinion. It's a major portion of the game so it should be good. The combat is fast and skill based. Master block and attacks and you can solo a lot in that game. You can even interupt combos to adapt to a situation in combat. We also have BAMS (Big Ass Monsters) each with their own interesting mechanics. 

Tera is not perfect, and basic in some ways. But the combat system was fantastic for an action based mmo.

2 minutes ago, spiritessence said:

The combat system of Tera was fantastic and the scenery was a lot more impressive. They put more emphasize on PvE which is important in my opinion. It's a major portion of the game so it should be good. The combat is fast and skill based. Master block and attacks and you can solo a lot in that game. You can even interupt combos to adapt to a situation in combat. We also have BAMS (Big Ass Monsters) each with their own interesting mechanics. 

Tera is not perfect, and basic in some ways. But the combat system was fantastic for an action based mmo.

TERA Is even worse than BnS

Just now, ImHeartless said:

TERA Is even worse than BnS

Combat animations are great in BnS, but the combat is slow. You dont have default block, you cant run fast during combat, you cant adjust your skill loadout, you can't interupt your own combos to adapt to a combat situation. Tera has ALL that. So while combat might be more visually impressive in some situations in BnS, there is no way in hell that Tera is worse. It has a more in depth and smooth combat system than BnS could ever have.

-1 to queue i guess... :3

btw what level your'e now...? 

do you already capped the level and really following all the stories...?

do you already trying the higher level region...?

just my curiousity, does the story really that basic on higher level...? 

imo the story is pretty good so far, *well i'm still in lv 28 atm...

Just now, Engete said:

imo the story is pretty good so far, *well i'm still in 28 atm...

the story is mainstream cliche sh*t, on the other hand this game is filled wiht weaboos who like bad stories, so guess it fits

1 minute ago, Engete said:

imo the story is pretty good so far, *well i'm still in lv 28 atm...

I think I logged out at lvl 6 or 7. Doesn't change the points that I made though, regardless of my levels.

Archived