Stop complaining about getting ganged in OPEN PVP

Saitosan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TarrySR said:

I see your point but this game has levels for a reason. If the guy is doing his PvP quests at 25 and gets destroyed by a 45.. Fine.. but do not let the 45 get credit for killing someone 20 levels under him. That's a pitiful excuse for a player reward. It is not supposed to be easy to get the 100 kill quest done in that manner ( at least I hope).

I completely agree, killing will always happen but don't reward gankers for doing so.

1 hour ago, LordHaveMercy said:

I can't believe in a game where you can choose not to PVP at all there are still professional victims who use the word "ganking" and "griefing". Take the uniform off and live your care bear life man.

I had on my faction outfit, got attacked by a group of low levels, killed them and they raged.
I'll never understand people who whine and cry about being killed, but never take the outfit off.

2 hours ago, LordHaveMercy said:

I can't believe in a game where you can choose not to PVP at all there are still professional victims who use the word "ganking" and "griefing". Take the uniform off and live your care bear life man.

I don't think you should be attacked based on what you wear. It promotes *cricket* (non-consensual intercourse) culture. :(

im not surprised most of the cerulian members are clueless sheep, i just hate how everyone goes "don't equip the uniform" when the whole point is to "faction pvp" and not "avoid" the pvp to make it extremely boring for the opposing faction.

22 minutes ago, Axciel said:

im not surprised most of the cerulian members are clueless sheep, i just hate how everyone goes "don't equip the uniform" when the whole point is to "faction pvp" and not "avoid" the pvp to make it extremely boring for the opposing faction.

As far as I can tell, there's no point to actually PvP with someone else.  The rewards are driven by PvE in the open world.  The best you can do is try to make sure the other side doesn't farm faster than you so that they don't get gear faster than you, I guess.

+1 to OP

This is a PvP based game.

If you run around with a uniform on, you are ASKING to pvp. You will win some, you will lose some, you will be gang-banged sometimes....welcome to open world PVP.

Personally, i love open world pvp...i got no problem wearing my uniform around places. I win most...but even I get slaughtered sometimes ^.^

And i welcome that, makes you learn how to deal with that issue in the future....like having an assassin sneak up behind ya out of no-were..and just throw ya around..and then realize he is 3 lvls above ya and has 5k hp more and you basically have no chance other than to hope for an opening that you never get :P

And then after you rez..you turn around and do the same thing to him...and its fun..specially if  your opponent and you come to an understanding of each others skill playing that particular character.

But, back to crying about dying cause you wear a pvp uniform...take it off. Simple as that. Stop whining about getting killed because of it.

Edit: I joined the Blues specifically because there are more reds to kill :P

need more reds to slaughter on my server! they seem to slowly be dissapearing :(

I don't mind PVP, especially when I have the outfit on.  I think the biggest issue is griefing though, that is what drives people away.  You can post that it is open world and I can do what I want all day long, but griefing isn't pvp, it is taking advantage of something to deny someone else something.  In this case, it is usually always someone who out gears or out levels the other person and just kills them over and over to prevent them from doing their thing.

The game has factions, yes, but regardless of the fact that everyone says this is a primarily PVP based game, it will also draw plenty of PVE players.  Unfortunately, to progress in some situations you have to open your self up to the chance of being PK'd.  As I mentioned originally, I don't mind PVP.

We live in a world were it is uncommon for others to stop and think of the other side of a situation.  Majority simply bash you and belittle you because it makes them feel better in some way.  The golden rule has apparently not rubbed off on our current generation of young people.  Treating someone poorly with anonymity is easy, but doing that to someone in person you find is quite a bit more difficult.

On 1/27/2016 at 6:11 AM, BestWaifu said:

Unfortunatly that won't really work here seeing as in TERA people actually farm for max infamy. >>

But then again KTERA has harsher punishment than NATERA but I still don't think that system will stop any griefing here either.

TERA's infamy system is just as useless as Archage's system. If anything what Perfect World International had was A LOT better, if you killed enough lowbies you'd get infamy (obviously) and with the more infamy you had the higher your percentage to DROP something from your bag and then eventually your equipped items. And even with infamy you had a 0.01% (something really low) chance to drop on PvP death regardless! I really enjoyed/miss that. :3 The only way to prevent dropping anything was to buy an item from the cash shop OR lock your account for w/e amount of time you were going to PvP but that meant you couldn't move things from your bag/bank.

On 1/27/2016 at 6:20 AM, LadyKuro said:

This game and other games like TERA , etc. Isn't even close to bad when it comes to pvp as it is on age of wushu.  So I don't know why people are whining about it. If they think it's bad here then they should play Age of Wushu. The players in that game don't give any kinds of crap about how strong or weak you are. They kill you anyways. At least with blade and soul you actually don't HAVE to pvp. Simply take off the outfit and no worries. And even Age of Wushu had Infam.. and none of the gankers there gave a crap.

Just because it's bad somewhere else doesn't out rule that it's bad here too, that's how shit gets *cricket*ed up in the real world and nothing gets solved. "Why are you people complaining about 'XYZ' when in Africa the kids are starving!" well are we living in Africa!? No! Can we complain and work on multiple things!? Yes!

9 hours ago, Aquel said:

I don't mind PVP, especially when I have the outfit on.  I think the biggest issue is griefing though, that is what drives people away.  You can post that it is open world and I can do what I want all day long, but griefing isn't pvp, it is taking advantage of something to deny someone else something.  In this case, it is usually always someone who out gears or out levels the other person and just kills them over and over to prevent them from doing their thing.

The game has factions, yes, but regardless of the fact that everyone says this is a primarily PVP based game, it will also draw plenty of PVE players.  Unfortunately, to progress in some situations you have to open your self up to the chance of being PK'd.  As I mentioned originally, I don't mind PVP.

We live in a world were it is uncommon for others to stop and think of the other side of a situation.  Majority simply bash you and belittle you because it makes them feel better in some way.  The golden rule has apparently not rubbed off on our current generation of young people.  Treating someone poorly with anonymity is easy, but doing that to someone in person you find is quite a bit more difficult.

It definitely hurts getting destroyed out of nowhere, but I do have a suggestion that worked for me when I just felt like finishing the irst few faction quests. Switch to a channel where the population is lower. Generally it's really only Channel 1 or 2 that have all the people going at it. There might be one or two, but it's easier to avoid other players that way.

edit: I feel like I quoted the wrong post. It's cool. I do that.

I personally think any infamy system is useless no matter how well done it is cuz like as the other person you quoted said "people just don't give a *cricket*." I only used TERA as an example cuz its the only game I bother to pvp on other than bns. I only have AA installed for RPing XD

I think that people who spawn camp low level areas when they're 45 are a sad waste of space on this earth. Sure, faction outfit might be for PvP, but some people only put it on for dailies so they can contribute to their clan leveling up, as doing these quests are literally the ONLY way to get Faction Insignias, which are REQUIRED for leveling up your clan. The level 36-38 Cerulean/Crimson area also needs way more than 2 channels, because that's way too easy to spawn camp if it's only two channels. At least Soulstone Scar has like 8 or 9 so it's much harder to spawn camp every channel. If I'm in a lower level area than my current level, I leave people alone. I don't go hunting down noobs for shits and giggles because I'm not an *cricket* like half the people on here. Some people just wanna get the quests done so they can contribute to their clan.

I agree with what others posted. Its true this is a pvp game but when lvl 15 get killed by 2 lvl 45 thats where i draw the line.

If you do that, that just means you can't win against people of your lvl  so you just take the anger of your own incompetence on lowbies.

Theres a saying in china which is perfect for this bullying the weak and fearing the strong.

Uniform on = PvP on
Uniform off = PvP off

It's as simple as that. If you're smart enough to play the game, you're smart enough to understand the risks that comes with the choice of clothing you wear. What I don't understand though is why some players insist on spawn camping. You're given a game with such awesome battle mechanics and you resort to doing something so brainless?

They be wearing pvp outfit like stupid and practically ask me to come get them.I kill them wearing crimson costume,I kill them wearing tyrian cult and stratus empire costume,heck I even kill them in the damn crossserver inside and outside dungeon gate.They be swearing like crazy and be hella mad.but atleast I dont kill lowbies who are 5 levels lower than me.:P

ezgif-593443149.gif

Well those people are playing the wrong game if they complaining about a game that center around open world pvp. You have to use stratgy dont go in area where you see opposing faction gathering to ganked you while you doing you faction question. Give it time that opposing faction will move on in other areas.

On 1/27/2016 at 9:12 PM, LordHaveMercy said:

This is weird to me too. Especially where there are FACTIONS AT WAR. And they gave you the option as simple as don't wearing xyz outfit and you are MECHANICALLY IMMUNE to pvp.

And oh, I remembered one more thing. Yesterday I was spawn-ganked for like half an hour by two guys until I saw the option to RESURRECT WITH NON-FACTION OUTFIT while I was dead. I mean, they went THAT far in order to give a player a complete control over open world pvp (and "complete control over open world pvp" is kind of a paradoxical sentece).

And no, I don't like getting ganked. But the game simulates a living breathing world where there are warring factions and you are in one of them. And if you venture alone in your army's uniform in a non-policed fantasy setting, well, it's kinda bound to happen. It's one of the traits of the game. And this game even allows you to flag yourself by click of a mouse button! You can stand in front of 100 members of the enemy faction and eat a dumpling if you so desire!

How on earth can someone complain about that - unless their complaint is in a different direction (about pvp being too controllable).

And before people flock on me with "I didn't pay to get murdered" etc. - listen, I never attack others. Even if I see a high enough level red-named player, I still don't change my behavior. If they attack me, I defend myself. Once, I whispered to a group of lower level players from the opposite faction that they may freely farm for insignias alongside me, and so we did. Then other players of their faction came and attacked me, but they were lower level (even though there were bunch of them), so I had a lot of time to type while they were killing me, that I won't kill them. They killed me regardless, probably didn't see the whisper - or were simply playing their part. I ressed, went back, told them that I don't pose a threat but if they attack me, I'll retaliate. They decided not to, I continued my farming alongside them.

The point is, as you see, I am not a player who roleplays in that regard and contributes to his faction etc, and I don't have the sense of allegiance and all that jazz. But treating those who do as they are in the wrong, that's just absurd. You are in the game, you aren't at the coffee shop with PLAYERS, you interact with their AVATARS and their AVATARS are on the ENEMY SIDE. I can't see you logistically hindering them IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE as a bad thing. And we even have the CHOICE OF NOT WEARING A FLAG-RAISING UNIFORM!

And that's not all. Let's see about faction dailies. Faction outposts that are near each other? Check. Quests that make you go into the area of the opposite faction and fight there? Check. Quests that make you GO AND KILL OTHER FACTION'S NPC'S AND VENDORS? CHECK. You have quests that basically encourage you with all their force to effectively ruin the logistics of the enemy faction (for example, killing the camp full of quest givers and merchants, thus preventing players from acquiring quests or interact with them).

The game's mechanics and overal design are geared towards "look, a red player, bam bam bam" gameplay. The anxiety while questing, the frustration of being outnumbered, the security if outnumbering etc, those are all deliberate implementations to make the game's world more "real". Is having ten guys jump you and mess you up a good thing? No! It happened to me, luckily I only got a broken nose out of it and a small cut. But the game is emulating that, among other things. I mean, I assume that dying to a 10ft ape isn't pleasant either in real life:)

And yes, I work and I have a limited time to play, just to deflect those kinds of arguments.

And was it annoying being ganked by those two guys relentlessly? Yes. But you know what, they were doing a good job in hindering the undertakings of my faction, one Asuka at a time. Good for them. Unlucky for me. (and not to mention that you can choose to resurrect with neutral uniform on, which is disbelievingly generous and I frankly, I can't see any room for complaining, unless it's about the overly generous pvp system).

And, another "story". Couple of days ago, we were doing some dailies (just a spontaneous blob of same-factioned players), we were doing blackwyrm and those two ridiculously powerful dudes (terrors?). And some guy was like "they are wrecking our camp at channel x" or something:D And when we finished, some other dude was like "let's go to channel x and wreck their camp", now brace for it, "as revenge":DDD

I mean, I already said I am not the kind of dude that has my faction's poster in my room, nor do I find ideals of any of the factions appealing (I even like the other faction more, but my faction has prettier suits, at least for me:D). But this, somehow I was glad. I was glad that people somehow went "into" the game and are thinking in "real faction terms". Which is exactly what this system is about. And it seems it's working.

And now I see people who want to take that magic away...

And again, you can walk around in neutral outfit.

I am sorry for the wall of text but really, I can't even (to put it in youth terms):)

The point is not getting across... yes it is encouraging PVP, yes everyone knows that wearing an opposite faction outfit puts you in the situation that you can be PK'd.  You see a bunch of reds questing, go kill them sure, no worries.  The problem is camping them, griefing them etc...  The game is about having fun, if you don't have fun you quit.  The griefing players purposefully ( for their own twisted fun ) grief others until they eventually quit.  

If all those that are heavily PVE focused quit the game, you will no longer have a game... Contrary to popular belief, PVP player base in North America is not enough to keep a game live.  

Again though for any that don't read the whole thread.  I personally don't mind the PVP and I will just switch channels or come back later, or try to rally a group to do dailies.  I am simply providing a mindset of the other side of the argument.

Archived