Crafting Needs Serious Rework

D4z3D

Alright. So after hitting 45 for the last couple of days I've been trying to find a way to efficiently make money in this game. Sadly, after all the looking about, it's kind of demoralizing to see what little options even exist. Basically, it just seems like all you can really do is do dailies, grind dungeons and hope to get valuable mats for cheap or get the secret merry potter recipe, or craft. However, the crafting aspect of this game is abysmal. Correct me if I am wrong, but all the craft of this game is either lackluster or utterly useless. Of course, Soul Warden has the moonwater transmutation stones which sells for a lot. However, you need the reagent from Merry Potter which requires that plan that you need to be super lucky to get, or rich enough to buy. One can then argue the value of other crafts like Radiant Ring and Earthseers. However, Radiant Rings make keys, which are valuable early levels, but once you start grinding dailies, you are up to your neck in keys and the gem bags are completely RNG. As for Earthseers, unsealing charms are valuable at all levels, even now at cap. However, you look at the actual time and effort require to make em, it makes you wonder what's the point? 12 HOURS for 5 charms, at guild level 1. Furthermore, people are selling them for 10 silver+ on the auction house, yet the NPCs sell them for 10s 20c. I'm sorry, but why would I pay more for your product you spent hours crafting if I can get it cheaper, even if that money is going toward a NPC. 

I apologize for the rant, but it's frustrating to see how the economy of the game looks. I understand that the game is very PvP oriented, and I do love the arena pvp. However, I must ask why bother putting in a crafting aspect to the game if the majority of the crafts are useless and have no effect on the economy? I'm not saying to go back to the generic crafting where you have to go out and find the mats by yourself and spend hours sitting around doing the actual crafting yourself. However, it would be nice to see the time needed for various product of the crafts to be more reflective of their value. I would just like to see the other crafts being lucrative to pick up, so there would be actual competitive use for them in the economy rather than everyone jumping on Merry Potter and Soul Warden for their obvious money making abilities. 

I completely agree. Most of the crafting is completely useless and costs more to craft than it sells for anyway. I still think making it so moonwater transformation stones can only be made is absolutely dumb. I don't understand why they can't be dropped rarely from bosses and dungeon rewards. I kind of feel like at this point they purposely made things harder to get because of the obvious lack of content on launch. At end-game literally all there is to do is grind or PvP, which tends to get old very quickly.

Well I understand the game is grindy. I've played a lot of other eastern MMOs, so I was prepared for how it would turn out. What I am dissatisfied with is the manner in which you do said grinding. It just feels like you are pretty much coerced into these 2 specific crafts, if you intend to make any decent money, and rendering all the others almost obsolete. I just want them to be fixed in a manner where those other crafts would be of more value to the average player, rather than for people who levels them specifically for clan crafting.

The major issue atm is that some professions items can simply be purchased or found to easily... and given as quest rewards ect WHAT needs to happen is the following

1: Potions, keys, unsealing charms, anything that is crafted needs removed from drop tables, and quest rewards and venders entirely

2: Quests should reward a lesser healing potion and dumpling does half of what crafted versions do

3: Quatz needs to be farmed just like every other material in game via a guild and not out in the open world. we already have a prospectors union so add it to there list of things they can farm.

This would create an economy is far more sustainable, and requires everyone to WORK together in order to make things. Quatz become a thing of the past as they can be attained more easily via gathering. This will drive down the price on refiners, but you will also sell more of them because they are more easily attained. People will now go to the market for keys, charms, and potions making it so all the professions are needed and creates a stable economy.

Honestly its not that hard... current system works just needs some minor tweaks... though i'd like to see buff meds and such added to pharma, and more items in general added to each profession... and maybe a crafting costume for each profession once you hit max rank, that you can make. 

@LordLoakai

I agree. But I would argue some points.

1) While removing them from loot table would make them more desirable as a craft. However, that doesn't make them any more rewarding to be. Take for example, ignoring Moonwater Transmutation Stones and Premium Earthclay Refiner, Merry Potter can craft 5 Premium Earthware Refiner in 6 hours (6h 40min, if you want to include the pre-req refiner needed). Those sells easily for 17s+ per easily. So in the time span an Earthseers make 5 measily charms selling it at 10s a pop, a Merry Potter can make almost 4x as much money just making those refiners. So aside from taking items such as keys and unsealing charms off the loot table, their required time to craft needs to be tweak also.

2) As for food and pots, Rather than making them do half effect and stuff. The crafted ones should have more desirable effects. Like boosted crit, boosted hp, increased hp regend and whatnot. It would translate from leveling, to dungeon, and into raiding and such quite well, specially for people who aim to grind and farm efficiently.

3) This I definitely agree on. Why have this gathering profession that specializes in mining, yet you still have to physically go mine these nodes that has abysmal spawn time against bots. It's freaking ridiculous.

14 hours ago, SpyderBite said:

Which game has end-game content that does not involve PvP and/or Grinding? Haven't seen such an animal in 30+ years of gaming.

Raids. Challenging content that doesn't require you to grind endlessly is on many games. This game has absolutely 0 challenging PvE fights that require progression or skill.

On one of my character i reach level 2 on herbalist, fishing, silver cauldron and earthseers but how to get the new recipe to make those.No npc has quests where i am near jadestone village whatsoever.Are those recipe drop in some dungeon or what.

9 hours ago, Ryiox said:

Raids. Challenging content that doesn't require you to grind endlessly is on many games. This game has absolutely 0 challenging PvE fights that require progression or skill.

Ah man majority of challenging stuff is not in game or actually its in game but not accessible for us.  Also lets get something straight currently game is in kind of "broken" state just because we're playing at level 45 and when everything was honed down later when they moved forward with lvl 50 content. In korean versions this lvl 45 content has been nerfed and made lot faster than it originaly was.

Also another thing what hard mmorpg are you referring?

Seriously, game is new, everybody in game is new to this version and everybody is looking to get as much 'stuff' and gold as they can for as little outlay as possible, including yourself, There is no rush, it will settle down.

Game is like a week old !!   those that got in Head start obviously maxed their crafting and currently  have a slight corner on the market concerning materials , this was bound to happen it does in EVERY new mmo, give everything a few weeks to calm down and it will be fine, I have already seen prices on some mats and weapon evolution items drop in price by nearly 50% in the last 3 days. the economy as a long way to go to 'settle' down to what it should be and that is controlled by players in the game, so be patient every thing will be fine.

This game as launched with the minimum content 45 patch there is a ton of more content to come which will bring more resources. I was suprised myself after hitting 45 and being a 'old' player of this game, played it pretty hardcore on CN servers, and seeing how much lvl 45 content was actually 'missing', at first I was dissapointed, but then after thought, i realise it is a good thing, it gives every body, mainly new players to the game chance to learn the game and how it all works, this in the end will be a good thing when new content comes, more players will be ready for it which will make end game a far better experience for everybody 'old' and 'new' and also make the game far more of a success in the long run. 

3 hours ago, Keawen said:

On one of my character i reach level 2 on herbalist, fishing, silver cauldron and earthseers but how to get the new recipe to make those.No npc has quests where i am near jadestone village whatsoever.Are those recipe drop in some dungeon or what.

If you look in the Auction House, under crafting there is a tab that has crafting recipes, if you mouse over the recipe you want it shows were it comes from, and yes they random drop in dungeons, to be honest dont bother with level 2 recipes, use what you have to get to level 3 then get the level 3 recipies they are the 'main' ones to obtain.

Viridian recipes drop from Plague Hollow

Cinderlands recipes drop from Bokgon Hideout

Moonwater recipes drop from Brightstone Ruins

39 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

Seriously, game is new, everybody in game is new to this version and everybody is looking to get as much 'stuff' and gold as they can for as little outlay as possible, including yourself, There is no rush, it will settle down.

Game is like a week old !!   those that got in Head start obviously maxed their crafting and currently  have a slight corner on the market concerning materials , this was bound to happen it does in EVERY new mmo, give everything a few weeks to calm down and it will be fine, I have already seen prices on some mats and weapon evolution items drop in price by nearly 50% in the last 3 days. the economy as a long way to go to 'settle' down to what it should be and that is controlled by players in the game, so be patient every thing will be fine.

This game as launched with the minimum content 45 patch there is a ton of more content to come which will bring more resources. I was suprised myself after hitting 45 and being a 'old' player of this game, played it pretty hardcore on CN servers, and seeing how much lvl 45 content was actually 'missing', at first I was dissapointed, but then after thought, i realise it is a good thing, it gives every body, mainly new players to the game chance to learn the game and how it all works, this in the end will be a good thing when new content comes, more players will be ready for it which will make end game a far better experience for everybody 'old' and 'new' and also make the game far more of a success in the long run. 

Thanks for the info Elven! I am relieved a bit to hear that things at 45 will fill out allot more (instead of just unlocking 5 more levels and shooting past what is currently there).

Quick question: does the missing content include better itemization, recipes, and other stuff for the crafting? 

To be honest, I'm not frustrated with crafting from the perspective of easy...I watch the market a bit and put up things that sell well and I'm doing OK with profit  My concerns about the crafting is the disparities at lower levels with the validity of crafting.

Example: I can craft a diamond with a huge investement of time, resources, and coin...or for much much cheaper I can transmute a few gems in 5m and be on my way. do things like this even out once we get the rest of the 45 material? or is lower level crafting pretty much a waste outside of making money on the market?

I certainly understand how crafts can be a big deal at level cap...but does that mean that they have to suck at lower levels? After Playing FFXIV and their crafting system I may be spoiled, but I was pretty let down by crafting in general in this game. Right now the only reason I'm doing it is 1) Make money, and 2) I "hear" that eventually you'll be able to make items that you simply can't get anywhere else (like special gems, Shields, etc.).

yes there is alot more to come, when ? I dont know, 

Just a point about crafting Diamonds,  Diamonds only come from crafting, or they do in other versions of the game,  while other gems come from a few sources, so alot of players craft Diamonds purely for the luck of obtaining the Attack ones.

As for everything else in the game, nothing is 'settled' at moment, many players dont even know how things work fully, game needs a few weeks to calm dowm IMO.

Me personally I have been crafting purely to cap proffs  or make things I need myself, crafting to make profit is abit of a gamble at moment prices of buying mats and also selling items is far from stable, again it needs a few weeks to calm down, I just been doing what ever I need to do to max my gear as best as poss, with buying anything, believe me if you buy something now for like 10 gold guarantee it will be like 2 gold in a few weeks

Thanks for the heads up Elven! I think I'll hold off a bit then myself, and just get everything leveled up and ready to go. I"m sort of doing the same on another game (Devilian), so I'm used to the "holding process". 

Since your so nice and open to questions (muahahahahaha) got another one. Radiant Ring....I picked up a "special recipe" that is supposed to unlock other patterns (I think?). it was cinderlands level pattern, and I'm rank 2 (from what I've read, I should be able to craft cinderlands level stuff). but when I used it, nothing Happened? is this expected? or could this be one of those things that they are working on smoothing out?

I could see a few triggers being missed if the game is only "80%" complete, from a certain perspective.

3 minutes ago, Temjiu said:

Thanks for the heads up Elven! I think I'll hold off a bit then myself, and just get everything leveled up and ready to go. I"m sort of doing the same on another game (Devilian), so I'm used to the "holding process". 

Since your so nice and open to questions (muahahahahaha) got another one. Radiant Ring....I picked up a "special recipe" that is supposed to unlock other patterns (I think?). it was cinderlands level pattern, and I'm rank 2 (from what I've read, I should be able to craft cinderlands level stuff). but when I used it, nothing Happened? is this expected? or could this be one of those things that they are working on smoothing out?

I could see a few triggers being missed if the game is only "80%" complete, from a certain perspective.

Hmm, not sure I have Radiant ring maxed but hav'nt bothered with the recipies yet , I know on other version Moonwater recipie unlocks Rings and earrings which maybe in this version might be needed to further evolve the Hongmoon ones,

B&S is a PvP game disguised as a PvE MMO, it gives you the skeletal system of a PvE game to work toward the primary focus of PvP, they basically force PvP down your throat, not only is their PvP only achievements that give bonuses to stats but also the only way to get alot of soulstones other then buying them is PvP dailies. Crafting is in the game to give the illusion of PvE that is why it is so bare and simple, ive seen more complex crafting in browser games

Well what bother me most is, that this game teaches you how to open your inventory (yeah, it's 2016, 95% of all RPGs open their inventories with the "I" key), but not a singe word is lost about crafting, so I don't even realy know how to do it. Reading here through the comments it seems to be even useless as hell and the economy has to many sale restrictions, imho, would be nice if someone would at least bother to review it.

Archived